Things that grind your gears

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Re: Things that grind your gears

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:16 pm

When people over use TFS jokes. Repetition kills the joke and I'm sick of 7 year olds screaming mr popo and nappa quotes on DBZ games...
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:58 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:When people over use TFS jokes. Repetition kills the joke and I'm sick of 7 year olds screaming mr popo and nappa quotes on DBZ games...

^This

Also, I'm tired of people saying that an episode is a waste or bad becasue there wasn't a fight in it.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:18 pm

nite_jay wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:When people over use TFS jokes. Repetition kills the joke and I'm sick of 7 year olds screaming mr popo and nappa quotes on DBZ games...

^This

Also, I'm tired of people saying that an episode is a waste or bad becasue there wasn't a fight in it.

Not having a fight is a bad reasoning,but some episodes are a waste to me. Like the pan episode. It was just one bad joke after another, and it contradicts the pilaf gang's current motives.

The last episode had no fighting but it was good....for super anyways,
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

nite_jay
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by nite_jay » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:30 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
nite_jay wrote:

^This

Not having a fight is a bad reasoning,but some episodes are a waste to me. Like the pan episode. It was just one bad joke after another, and it contradicts the pilaf gang's current motives.

Some episodes are just genuinely boring, but I mean episodes where things like the plot are actually advancing.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:34 pm

nite_jay wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
nite_jay wrote:

^This

Some episodes are just genuinely boring, but I mean episodes where things like the plot are actually advancing.
Yeah. I agree with you on that too. heck ou don't HAVE to make the plot move if your comedy filler episodes are actually entertaining. Things like vegeta having a pacificer isn't funny. A poorly animated pan flying into space while the pilaf gang prove even more they shouldn't be there, not funny.
Things like beerus being scared from zeno's call and banging his head on the table....actually FUNNY! Let whoever made that write the comedy. But super needs to move at a better pace. the fights are too fast though, and not good action. I didn't care for any fights in the show yet. ;/

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:39 pm

the TWO BASE "THEORY"
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:51 pm

Broly's green hair. People complain about Trunk's blue hair, but the super lime green hair video games have given the LSSJ annoys me beyond belief.

This is disgusting:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:52 pm

A Man named RJ wrote:When people say "DBZ IS the only Dub that's better than it's SUB" when talking about the original DBZ anime
A lot of people I see list down DBZ as a anime that is better dub than sub. I don't agree with that. There are a several animes that I like better dub than sub like Afro Samurai, Hellsing/Ultimate, Cowboy Bebop, Black Lagoon, Ghost Stories, Samurai Pizza Cats, Big O, Tiger & Bunny, Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Trigun, Gunsmith Cats, Baccano, Devil is a Part Timer and Baka & Test. DBZ is not one of them in my opinion.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:59 pm

The Kai dub is infinitely better than the Kai sub, imo. The original dub is hit or miss (though I much prefer the music). I hate some of the dialogue they came up with. That said, there is some dialogue that's far better than even its Kai counterpart.

BoG dub is much better to me too. RoF...eh...this was the start of Goku's mental health decline. Schemmel's voice doesn't lend itself too well to this incarnation of Goku.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:14 pm

I'm glad that anime dubs these days are taken more seriously and try to be more faithful to the Japanese scripts. It surprises me how people say that dubs in the 90's where better. I remember when dubs around that time where not taken seriously. They have very hammy voice acting with tons of swearing as seen in Angel Cop or where edited to appeal to general American TV audience like with Sailor Moon and DBZ. With Samurai Pizza Cats, they took a boring show from Japan and made it funny in my opinion.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

huzaifa_ahmed
Regular

Post by huzaifa_ahmed » Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:56 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:The Kai dub is infinitely better than the Kai sub, imo. The original dub is hit or miss (though I much prefer the music). I hate some of the dialogue they came up with. That said, there is some dialogue that's far better than even its Kai counterpart.

BoG dub is much better to me too. RoF...eh...this was the start of Goku's mental health decline. Schemmel's voice doesn't lend itself too well to this incarnation of Goku.
Well, he did hit his head falling off a cliff as a small child ;).

As for Schemmel's voice...while I enjoy his acting, it's not as if any of Gen Fukunaga's old castings that he did in his basement studio were even made with an understanding of the story. It's a miracle at all that a few of the old dub castings (like Cell & perhaps Buu) actually fit quite well.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:07 pm

You spoke my mind, sir.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Not having a fight is a bad reasoning,but some episodes are a waste to me. Like the pan episode. It was just one bad joke after another, and it contradicts the pilaf gang's current motives.
You did not just go there. :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:28 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Helll no. :lol: episode 43 was one of the best in the whole show! Pan is beyond adorable and Goku was actually himself as opposed to this hyper moron he's been in DBS

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:09 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Helll no. :lol: episode 43 was one of the best in the whole show! Pan is beyond adorable and Goku was actually himself as opposed to this hyper moron he's been in DBS
I disagree. You are wrong and right. Behold! Your opinion is just that an opinion, so is mine. I'm not wrong, but neither are you. I personally don't like it. I'm glad you can like it though.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:10 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:
You spoke my mind, sir.
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:Not having a fight is a bad reasoning,but some episodes are a waste to me. Like the pan episode. It was just one bad joke after another, and it contradicts the pilaf gang's current motives.
You did not just go there. :P
Guess there's some fans of that episode here....I cant lie and say I like it. It's bad to me. But I hope you both enjoy it. I think pan in super is, well things that you clearly don't want to hear so I won't say. It's just not for me.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:27 pm

Meh, I think it's funny.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:33 am

Soppa Saia People wrote:
Meh, I think it's funny.
IT IS! But the problem is over using a joke kills it. Pecking order is funny, but when you read and hear it 400 times.....

I mean heck it's hard to find a dbz youtube comment section that relates to a new tfs episode without people over using the jokes. Perfect cell fights every1-tfs fans swarm to the perfect cell fights in youtube to post quotes from the show. Then they're all the top comments.

I just hate when people OVER use a joke in general. It ruins it for everyone else when you won't stop using it. Moderation is the key to life.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Aug 23, 2016 10:56 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:
Meh, I think it's funny.
IT IS! But the problem is over using a joke kills it. Pecking order is funny, but when you read and hear it 400 times.....

I mean heck it's hard to find a dbz youtube comment section that relates to a new tfs episode without people over using the jokes. Perfect cell fights every1-tfs fans swarm to the perfect cell fights in youtube to post quotes from the show. Then they're all the top comments.

I just hate when people OVER use a joke in general. It ruins it for everyone else when you won't stop using it. Moderation is the key to life.
Yeah, I agree, the problem is over-usage of jokes in general. The "Who's Gohan" joke is reaching that point for me, for example.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:18 am

Honestly, Nappa really annoys me. I like him the way he is, and then TFS makes him hilarious (or so I've heard), and everyone takes that and turns it to 15. It's jokes like these that make me glad I've never watched DBZA.
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:21 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Honestly, Nappa really annoys me. I like him the way he is, and then TFS makes him hilarious (or so I've heard), and everyone takes that and turns it to 15. It's jokes like these that make me glad I've never watched DBZA.
It's post like these that make me glad you're on my for list.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸