What if Beerus met Great King Yamma?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

What if Beerus met Great King Yamma?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:58 am

One guards the border between the realms of the living and dead, and the other is in charge of necessary destruction. Is it fair to say that the two are peers?

If that's the case, then perhaps they should meet in the future.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Re: What if Beerus met Great King Yamma?

Post by MagicBox » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:33 pm

Compared to Enma, we've seen those of higher rank (Kaiō / Kaiōshin) and lower rank (Shenlong) respond to him in a nearly identical fashion.

"O-Oh, the fearsome Lord Beerus! Fancy meeting you here! What a lovely surprise! Please leave, please leave, please leave! Well, if you'll excuse me... *runs away in fear*"

If they ever do meet someday, I'm game. But I'd imagine Enma would act the same way.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:36 pm

MagicBox wrote:Compared to Enma, we've seen those of higher rank (Kaiō / Kaiōshin) and lower rank (Shenlong) respond to him in a nearly identical fashion.

"O-Oh, the fearsome Lord Beerus! Fancy meeting you here! What a lovely surprise! Please leave, please leave, please leave! Well, if you'll excuse me... *runs away in fear*"

If they ever do meet someday, I'm game. But I'd imagine Enma would act the same way.
I see, so Beerus and Champa and the other gods of destruction are on a level beyond Yamma and the other Kais. Thank you.

I had imagined Yamma was a peer, but he is likely on the same level as the Kais.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:58 pm

That was actually just an assumption on my part, so I apologize for the confusion. Someone more knowledgeable with in-universe stuff would have to confirm the exact hierarchy, I'm afraid.

Though I still suspect that Enma's reaction to Beerus would be the same.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:44 pm

I think Yamma would be very annoyed by Beerus, since every time Beerus does his jobs, it's just a shit load of paper work for Yemma.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017