Goku's Gi orange or red?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Goku's Gi orange or red?

Post by shinmaru » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:30 pm

genjosanzo8 wrote:by watching some old kei's sample of his broadcast video i see this and even with the tint it is orange , i really think it is a very reddish orange and can explain why it became light orange in super saiyan
like Metalwario64 said, His gi lights up when he goes Super Saiyan. The blue gets lighter too.

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Re: Goku's Gi orange or red?

Post by MrWalnut4 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:05 pm

shinmaru wrote:
genjosanzo8 wrote:by watching some old kei's sample of his broadcast video i see this and even with the tint it is orange , i really think it is a very reddish orange and can explain why it became light orange in super saiyan
like Metalwario64 said, His gi lights up when he goes Super Saiyan. The blue gets lighter too.
Just to make things a little easier and avoid confusion from aging film or improper color correction, here's a comparison of each stage, i.e. base, resting ssj, and powered up ssj, using their respective animation cels.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Of course there are instances where this isn't entirely consistent such as using the resting ssj skin palette with a powered up ssj scene and vice versa, but these were mostly errors that were few and far between. Hopefully this gives a better picture of what the intended color palettes for DBZ Goku were.