Guess the Next Poster's Favorite Character V2

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Guess the Next Poster's Favorite Character V2

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 5:25 pm

Version 1 for reference. The rules are mostly the same as the previous version, though with minor adjustments.
Read this post thoroughly before making a contribution.
Sequence
  • I'll name a character from the Dragon Ball franchise.
  • The next poster will respond by stating whether that is or isn't their favorite character. You may optionally provide an additional comment, such as (though not limited to) "One of them," or "Not even close."
  • That same poster (in the same post) will name another character, then the above repeats, and so the cycle continues.
Additional Notes
  • To avoid confusion, all character names must be from the original Japanese version. If you are unsure about any particular character's name, send me a PM and I'll let you know.
  • Each post must contain what is written in the rules. This means you cannot only respond to a guess or only name a character.
  • Characters may be named more than once.
  • You are not required to quote a post to respond to it. If you do, however, do not quote posts without removing the post that one is quoting. Do not quote this post in its entirety.
For further clarification, here is an example of the game in action.
[spoiler]Post 1:
Goku?

Post 2:
I like him, but he's not quite near the #1 spot.

Kuririn?

Post 3:
Indeed he is!

Mr. Satan?[/spoiler]
With these in mind, please be polite and have fun! Now to start:

Goku?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Re: Guess the Next Poster's Favorite Character V2

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:25 pm

Nah, probably number 1, if the Cell saga and Super didn't exist.
Vegeta ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:47 pm

Yep...

Tien?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:48 pm

Nah. He's cool but I don't find overwhelming appeal in him.

Gohan?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Lunatic Fringe
Regular

Post by Lunatic Fringe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Meh. Never really liked him.

Bulma?

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:52 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Nah. He's cool but I don't find overwhelming appeal in him.

Gohan?
No, I hate him :P damn, someone got to it before me.
Bulma has always been a meh character. Nothing to dislike strongly, but nothing to like strongly.
Goten?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:54 pm

I like him quite a bit. He's adorable. :D

Beerus?
MyAnimeList | AniList

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:38 pm

Like him but hate his overexpose in the story.

Trunks?
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:21 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Like him but hate his overexpose in the story.

Trunks?
Close. Second favorite. Hate how much of a Mary Sue he was in super though.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:22 pm

He's pretty cool but he's nothing like my favorite.

Yamcha?
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:24 pm

I don't find him that interesting from a writer's standpoint. He is funny, though.

#18?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:32 pm

Close; she has a lot of sweet moments with Krillin, and she broke Vegeta's arm. Easily the strongest woman on Earth and multi layered; sometimes she's a death cyborg, sometimes a hustler, sometimes a loving wife and mother. Top 10 for sure.

Piccolo?
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:36 pm

Very "meh" on him to be completely honest. Still better than most of the "heroes" though.

Mr. Satan?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:45 pm

Hail to the fucking champ. But still far from my favorite.
Baby Gamera ?
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:16 pm

Soppa Saia People wrote:Hail to the fucking champ. But still far from my favorite.
Baby Gamera ?
No clue who that even is.

Beerus?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:39 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Soppa Saia People wrote:Hail to the fucking champ. But still far from my favorite.
Baby Gamera ?
No clue who that even is.

Beerus?

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:52 pm

I like him a lot, but he's not quite where my favorites are.
Soppa Saia People wrote:*snip*
Just as a reminder, you can't make a non-contributing post. You're allowed to post as much as you like, though, aside from double posting. :thumbup:
Each post must contain what is written in the rules. This means you cannot only respond to a guess or only name a character.
Champa?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:11 pm

I did name my cat after him, But that's a no go on the list of favorite characters.

Kuririn?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:13 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:I like him a lot, but he's not quite where my favorites are.
Soppa Saia People wrote:*snip*
Just as a reminder, you can't make a non-contributing post. You're allowed to post as much as you like, though, aside from double posting. :thumbup:
Each post must contain what is written in the rules. This means you cannot only respond to a guess or only name a character.
Champa?
He asked, I answered. Sleeping now.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Boo Machine wrote:I did name my cat after him, But that's a no go on the list of favorite characters.

Kuririn?
I like him too, but my favorite doesn't see combat often.

Bulma?
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327