Guess the Next Poster's Favorite Character V2

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Re: Guess the Next Poster's Favorite Character V2

Post by Footlong Shoe » Mon Dec 19, 2016 11:55 pm

I like him, but not quite up there.

Since somebody asked before and it didn't get answered...
Dr. Uiro?
Discord - Footlong Shoe #1327

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:26 am

He's okay. He served his purpose as a reason for Goku, Roshi, Krillin, and Gohan to have some awesome fights with some cool baddies, and his design is pretty cool, but he leaves something to be desired for personality, and taken on his own, he's not a particularly memorable character. Definitely not my favourite.

How about another movie villain: Lucifer.
(AKA: Rushiferu, Count Lucifer, or The Lord of Devil's Castle. From the movie Sleeping Princess In Devil's Castle)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Tue Dec 20, 2016 1:39 pm

Not my favorite, that would either be Future Trunks, or Kid Goku depending on how you want to rule on such things, but I DO love this movie villain, if for no other reason than I have the VHS tape of his movie and it was a huge piece of me watching more Dragon Ball pre Z before FUNimation went back to oldschool DB. Plus, he wants to destroy the sun, which is a unique DB villain goal at least. So, while not my favorite, I do like Lucifer.

So, let's keep the movie villain train going, I prognosticate the next poster's favorite character to beeee.....

Paragus
-Laserkid

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:14 pm

He's underrated in the grand scheme of Dragon Ball history. Broli may compare himself to the devil while attempting to play the part but it's easy to overlook Paragus was as monstrous and "a true Saiyan" as his son. He merely accomplished that in alternate areas. I think he nicely supported Broli's early, silent menace, too. I've definitely come to appreciate him recently. He's a breath of fresh air after continual "fighting-adept" antagonists before him.

It's almost Christmas so I'm curious who acknowledges Kakao of the Tullece Corps. I know I often see fondness for various movie henchmen.

Rubens
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rubens » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:49 pm

Despite having a tasty name, I don't like him very much in particular although I do find interesting his ability to suddenly change his flight course with his inner propulsers.

Now, what about his boss, Tullece (or "Turles")?
I'm back!

Lurking around here since 2014. Just an old fan who regained his passion for Dragon Ball since then.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:04 am

One of my favorite movie-exclusive villains, but he doesn't compare to manga characters.

What about his predecessor, Goku Black?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 29, 2016 12:08 am

You're so close; he's my second-favorite. I love Zamasu as a villain for various reasons, and Black has an excellent design to go with the mystery of the first part of the Zamasu arc.

With all this Zamasu talk, I'll make a logical guess... Gowasu? :P
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:27 am

Not even close. I think he's a dumbass, and is even more incompetent than Universe 7's Kaioshin, which is saying something. He does make me laugh, though, with how he's always drinking tea, how he jokes about being a GodTuber, and the way in which he says "Zamasu." He did redeem himself a bit for me at the very end of the Black arc, but he's still nowhere near my favourite.

Monaka?
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:33 pm

Monaka's pretty cool, but most of the cool stuff about him doesn't come from his character, it comes from everyone else bending over backwards to make Goku think Monaka's strong. On his own, Monaka's just okay.

How about a filler character...
Ban'nō Kapuseru Robotto C 6-gō
(AKA: C-6, Mr. Robot, or Universal Capsule Robot No. C-6. The robot from the filler with Gohan in the Saiyan arc)
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Footlong Shoe
Patreon Supporter

Post by Footlong Shoe » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:13 pm

Favorite filler episode, favorite filler character, but I tend not to put filler material on my lists of favorites.

Kaio?

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:36 pm

Entertaining at times, but not up there.

West Kaiōshin for some reason?
MyAnimeList | AniList

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:55 am

Anime Kitten wrote:Entertaining at times, but not up there.

West Kaiōshin for some reason?
I can't even remember how they look like off the top of my head.

Gohan?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:18 am

Yes, actually. I've loved all incarnations of Gohan, even the more unpopular ones like the Great Saiyaman and RoF Gohan. The kid pretty much gave up his childhood to protect people and save the world. While other kids his age would be going to school, playing in the sand, or learning how to wipe their asses properly, Gohan was off in space fighting a galactic tyrant, or defending the Earth from a giant grasshopper. He's witnessed shit that no one should ever bear witness to, especially a kid, and I know that DB isn't the most realistic of series, but it's a miracle that Gohan didn't develop some form of PTSD as he got older. And yet, despite all that, he achieved his dream of being a scholar, married the love of his life, and now has an child of his own - and he's shown he's a hell of a lot better as a father than Goku and Vegeta. And while I am disappointed to a degree that Super, and some so called Gohan 'fans', like to mock him mercilessly, I'm glad he got his happy ending. He deserves it.

Cooler?
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Nejishiki
I Live Here

Post by Nejishiki » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:24 am

Coola is one of my favorite antagonists. His smooth performance, direct demeanor, militaristic approach, and cold cruelty keep him highly regarded years after his debut. The way his life ends, attempting pragmatism much too late as he reflects how he was just as soft as his brother, is extremely memorable. The subject of pride is handled well with his character. The bookend his story provides is executed with precision as sharp as his beams. His action cuts were fun, too!

What do you think about Yakon?

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Yakon has OK powers but they're nothing we haven't seen before. At least Goku killed him. Goku only killed 2 villains in all of DBZ.

Gohan?
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:11 pm

TheGodfather93 wrote:Yes, actually. I've loved all incarnations of Gohan, even the more unpopular ones like the Great Saiyaman and RoF Gohan. The kid pretty much gave up his childhood to protect people and save the world. While other kids his age would be going to school, playing in the sand, or learning how to wipe their asses properly, Gohan was off in space fighting a galactic tyrant, or defending the Earth from a giant grasshopper. He's witnessed shit that no one should ever bear witness to, especially a kid, and I know that DB isn't the most realistic of series, but it's a miracle that Gohan didn't develop some form of PTSD as he got older. And yet, despite all that, he achieved his dream of being a scholar, married the love of his life, and now has an child of his own - and he's shown he's a hell of a lot better as a father than Goku and Vegeta. And while I am disappointed to a degree that Super, and some so called Gohan 'fans', like to mock him mercilessly, I'm glad he got his happy ending. He deserves it.
To be fair, lot of us mock him sometimes as a coping mechanism and because of how disappointing he's been in Super. Although what you mentioned is what makes kid Gohan so much better than Kid Goku or Goten and Trunks. That kid had unrivaled dedication and selflessness.
floofychan333 wrote:Yakon has OK powers but they're nothing we haven't seen before. At least Goku killed him. Goku only killed 2 villains in all of DBZ.

Gohan?
Once again, yes!
They'res gotta be a Tien fan out there?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Fri Dec 30, 2016 6:41 pm

Somewhere, there is. But not here. :wink:
kinisking wrote:They'res gotta be a Tien fan out there?
Just a reminder to use the Japanese names here:
Additional Notes
  • To avoid confusion, all character names must be from the original Japanese version. If you are unsure about any particular character's name, send me a PM and I'll let you know.
Though the event of confusion is unlikely, it's best to be safe. :thumbup:

Champa?
MyAnimeList | AniList

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Dec 30, 2016 7:02 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Champa?
Definitely one of my favorite new characters --up there with Zamasu and Gowasu. He has good chemistry with Beerus, Vados, and the rest of the cast --almost all scenes involving him is excellent. I also like about how he seems to be nicer than Beerus, and he's one of the most charismatic and hilarious characters in Super.

Mitsuo Iwata is excellent as Champa, and is a big plus to his character, even though I really like his suave tone in his introduction and was quite bummed that it was changed. I very much agree with Morita that Champa (Along with Beerus) should be in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics!

Garlic Junior?

Boo Machine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Boo Machine » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:15 am

I like him as a villain. And I even like his saga. But not quite on my list of most favorite characters.

Who's a fan of Pan?
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:51 am

Boo Machine wrote:I like him as a villain. And I even like his saga. But not quite on my list of most favorite characters.

Who's a fan of Pan?
I like Pan a lot. Especialy EOZ Pan and Baby Pan from Super. I dunno if she's my fav but I do enjoy her every time shes on screen.

17?