Does Broly even remember Goku as a baby?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheMikado
I Live Here

Re: Does Broly even remember Goku as a baby?

Post by TheMikado » Wed Jul 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Just want to state the author put a tremendous amount of time and effort in collecting the ACTUAL data and information rather than taking fan misconceptions and running with them. I decided to post in this thread as the obvious comparisons to Kale and Broly come to light and as a means of clearing fan misconceptions. I thought it would be easier to have the discussion of Broly's actual motivations in a thread which has taken the tremendous time and dedication to search for the actually truth of what was stated in the movie itself as to Broly and Goku's true relationship to one another and their interactions.

Ill just quote the conclusion of the first movie for those too lazy to read
Conclusions.

Unless the subtitles of the version of the movie I watched are completely wrong (which I highly doubt), I see nothing, whatsoever, in the movie that actually supports the notion that Broly remembers Goku as a baby. Nor do I see anything that supports the notion that Goku's crying made Broly mad and that that is the cause of Broly's reaction to Goku. The movie flat-out tells the audience why Broly had that reaction through Paragus in what seems to be, undoubtedly, expositional lines. And as for the crying flashback, nothing in the movie implies that the flashback means that the crying is the cause of the reaction or that Broly remembers Goku because of it, and we have Paragus mentioning it simply to point out what a twist of fate it is and the scene being used by the movie itself as both foreshadowing and a metaphor for the fight.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Re: Does Broly even remember Goku as a baby?

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:13 am

I'd like to thank TheMikado for bringing this thread to my attention. This is excellent, well explained material that's allowed me to view Movie 8 in a whole new light. I hope more people take the time to read through this. :thumbup: