Battle of Gods ranked one of the best 100 anime films ever

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Re: Battle of Gods ranked one of the best 100 anime films ever

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:19 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Huh. That's cool. I'm figuring that will probably be the only Dragon Ball film to make the list. And if so, I have no problem with it.
The list is done, and it was the only DB film to make it there. Which is ok, I guess.

I suppose it deserved a place, since it began the DBS timeline that runs alongside GT, and it did debut Bills and Whis and the other universes. The othe previousr films could be easily written off as non-canon.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:02 pm

Bullza wrote:The Future Trunks saga would have made for a great movie. Better than any of the others they've made up till now. I think that movie could have made both sides of the fanbase happy.

It certainly wasn't lacking in any kind of action and it was even darker than the Resurrection F saga and it would have brought back the fan favourite Trunks. Plus there were new transformations just the same. So casual fans would have loved it.

But at the same time the die hard fanbase would have loved it too because it had a interesting and mysterious story, it was a far superior story. It also then had an original villain, new details with the timelines, a new universe,, the time rings etc. Details and original ideas that Resurrection F didn't have.

I thought early on that if Dragon Ball Super was never a thing then this story would have made for a very good and a very successful third canon movie.
I am not sure actually, you will lose a lot of the build up, suspense and intrigue it would feel extremely rushed and plus you will also lose all the vital interactions Trunks has in the present like with Gohan etc, If they did a movie it would feel more the Manga, just patch notes but even worse. The Future Trunks Arc would have been suited better in movie form as a Trilogy.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Bullza wrote:The Future Trunks saga would have made for a great movie. Better than any of the others they've made up till now. I think that movie could have made both sides of the fanbase happy.

It certainly wasn't lacking in any kind of action and it was even darker than the Resurrection F saga and it would have brought back the fan favourite Trunks. Plus there were new transformations just the same. So casual fans would have loved it.

But at the same time the die hard fanbase would have loved it too because it had a interesting and mysterious story, it was a far superior story. It also then had an original villain, new details with the timelines, a new universe,, the time rings etc. Details and original ideas that Resurrection F didn't have.

I thought early on that if Dragon Ball Super was never a thing then this story would have made for a very good and a very successful third canon movie.
I am not sure actually, you will lose a lot of the build up, suspense and intrigue it would feel extremely rushed and plus you will also lose all the vital interactions Trunks has in the present like with Gohan etc, If they did a movie it would feel more the Manga, just patch notes but even worse. The Future Trunks Arc would have been suited better in movie form as a Trilogy.
If it were a movie, the approach taken would have been entirely different. It certainly could have been just as good as the arc, I've written rough drafts of script adaptations that all but prove that much to me.
Retired.