What is Bulma real hair color in the anime

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

HakkaiBills93
Banned

What is Bulma real hair color in the anime

Post by HakkaiBills93 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:56 am

Hello i create a topic a little for helping people that try to make color correction of the series or just try to know which colors are real for each people but the most difficult people to find is bulma
as she often change hair style but i allways wondered if she have blue hair or greenish hair like on the dbox
the things is that even on cels you don't allways have the same color for her hair so did she often change color?

i have try watching lot of foreign dvd to see what is true but
- french censored dvd which use old master vary a lot in quality
for example you can have an episode where bulma's hair is blue and the next there is green inside

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

- Funimation seems to have greenish hair for her then often they became totally blue
- animax colors look like french dvd (and faded colors aren't allways okay)
- toei cels have greenish hair but somes are only screenshot and like you can see below, sometimes it's blue on other cels or green

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

(those images have been gathered from kei's original trailer, vjump tweeter account, tanooki for production cel art, pekindaq for the game box and some other unknown uploader)

so it could be great to gather references here to know chich colors is the right one for her hair
even broadcast tapes from kei aren't totally okay as references

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What is Bulma real hair color in the anime

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:11 am

Bulma kinda has two hair colours in the anime; turquoise for DB and DBZ, and aqua for Super. That last picture looks the best to me, though.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:29 am

The light blue is but a mere illusion. Her actual hair color is a combination of white and gold.
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:52 am

CashmanX wrote:The light blue is but a mere illusion. Her actual hair color is a combination of white and gold.
You must be joking right?
I thought we all agreed upon her hair being blue and black
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Turquoise.

My guess on the bluer vs greener shades: Depending on the shade, some people see it as more blue or green, and the exact threshold for blue vs green isn't exactly fixed person-to-person, so some people(Animators, poster-makers, artists in general) use bluer or greener shades for her hair depending on how they prefer.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:38 pm

She was blue in Dragonball, green in the beginning of DBZ, and blue now.

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:51 pm

I'm going to say aqua, the film has degraded but there's also no denying different shades of blue were used throughout the series.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/