If these voice actors were to voice a single Dragon Ball character each, who would they be?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

WittyUsername
I Live Here

If these voice actors were to voice a single Dragon Ball character each, who would they be?

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:30 pm

The three voice actors in question that I’m referring to for this hypothetical scenario are Mark Hamill, Steve Blum, and Grey DeLisle. They’re all pretty high profile voice actors, but we most likely won’t be hearing them in any Funimation licensed dub of Dragon Ball. With that being said, if these guys were each to voice one respective Dragon Ball character, who would you choose for each of them?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: If these voice actors were to voice a single Dragon Ball character each, who would they be?

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:11 pm

WittyUsername wrote:The three voice actors in question that I’m referring to for this hypothetical scenario are Mark Hamill, Steve Blum, and Grey DeLisle. They’re all pretty high profile voice actors, but we most likely won’t be hearing them in any Funimation licensed dub of Dragon Ball. With that being said, if these guys were each to voice one respective Dragon Ball character, who would you choose for each of them?
Grey DeLisle: Bulma
Steve Blum: Piccolo
Mark Hamill: Frieza
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: If these voice actors were to voice a single Dragon Ball character each, who would they be?

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:55 pm

Well Steve Blum actually played Goku in Final Bout, so there's that. I've joked about getting him to play Jiren in the Super dub because he has a cool deep voice and very few lines so they wouldn't have to pay him much. But if we can choose anyone from any era...I'd want him to play Icarus using his Guilmon voice. That would be The Best Thing.

I think a lot of people have joked about getting Hamill to play Belmod for the obvious Joker reference, but he's got more range than that and I could see him making a good Freeza.

Finally, Grey DeLisle is good enough to play any of the girls. She would be badass as Android 18.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:47 am

All three as the Kamikaze Fireballs :thumbup:

Jokes aside;

Blum: Dyspo. I think he plays a lot of super serious characters, I'd love to see him play a more goofy sounding character ala Guilmon
Hamill: Belmod, but NOT with his Joker voice.
DeLisle: Su Roas / Rozie

ConfusedPhantom
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ConfusedPhantom » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:03 am

For Steve Blum, basically any role that needs or requires some sort of charisma, because he's got plenty. Honestly he could've been Freeza himself. He'd probably have to go for slower reads, but his more feminine voices combined with that snakely texture of his, he'd be a deadwringer. And he can do those high pitched shrills no problem, too.

Mark Hamill sounds like an old man now, so it'd be kind of amusing if he played guys like Muten Roshi or Tao Pai Pai. Belmond would be a bit too easy. But he barely does anything, so I think it's kind of a waste. Freeza would work pretty well, too.

Grey DeLisle would work best as most of the deeper sounding girls, except for probably Lunch?

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:44 am

Blum - Cell
Hamill - Babidi
DeLisle - Bulma (especially DB era Bulma)
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:31 am

Grey DeLisle: Chichi
Steve Blum: Tenshinhan
Mark Hamill: King Piccolo
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:24 am

Steve Blum - Vegeta / Freeza
Grey Griffin - Android 18

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Post by PacificOceanDub » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:05 pm

ConfusedPhantom wrote: Mark Hamill sounds like an old man now, so it'd be kind of amusing if he played guys like Muten Roshi or Tao Pai Pai. Belmond would be a bit too easy. But he barely does anything, so I think it's kind of a waste. Freeza would work pretty well too.
I love the idea of Mark Hamill as Tao! That would be my choice as well.

Steve Blum: Piccolo
Grey DeLisle: Chi Chi
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!