At which point did Chi Chi's hair stop being blue?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kokonoe
Not Banned

At which point did Chi Chi's hair stop being blue?

Post by Kokonoe » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:47 am

So I was wondering why the wig in Xenoverse 2 had blue hair and I found out she initially had blue hair in the manga much to my surprise. I can't seem to find much information about this, however.

That said, at what point in the series (manga, anime, etc) did her hair color change from blue to black?

Sin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: At which point did Chi Chi's hair stop being blue?

Post by Sin » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:01 am

I'm not sure it ever was blue, at least, if it was it was likely only blue for the odd image.

Even in her earliest appearances her hair was black:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

The most popular image of Chi Chi with blue hair seems to be the image of her on the back of the bike:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

But this just seems to be an artistic liberty with the colour scheme, as it isn't something consistent.

In the anime, she is also shown sometimes to have a blue hue to her black hair:

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

So we might infer that her hair is black, but has a slight blue hue to it. This seems to be thematic with dark hair characters though, as a slight blue hue is often used on black haired characters, whereas Vegeta is often shown with a brown hue to his hair as it is often depicted lighter than black.

[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 6:40 pm

Kokonoe wrote:So I was wondering why the wig in Xenoverse 2 had blue hair and I found out she initially had blue hair in the manga much to my surprise. I can't seem to find much information about this, however.

That said, at what point in the series (manga, anime, etc) did her hair color change from blue to black?
Weird, I didn't think Chichi ever had blue hair.
Are you sure you're not just confusing her with Lunch or Bulma? If you've never seen the original series -- or never read the manga in full -- before, I imagine that particular piece of confusion could happen quite easily.

Still, if you're sure it's Chichi, I'm curious as to your source on when her hair was blue, I've never seen that happen anywhere.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:08 am

Are talking about this in XV2?
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I checked in the game yesterday, and the hair that's attached to the helmet really is blue. Basically it's a wig attached to the helmet. I've never noticed that before :o Why would they make that blue? :think: