Best VIZ release of the Manga?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Re: Best VIZ release of the Manga?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:02 am

NewKakarot wrote:
eledoremassis02 wrote:I think they're out of print now, but shipping to US was about 12 per volume.
Looked them up on ebay out of curiosity. They're listed at ~$25-30 (with shipping). Eh, not too bad considering they're imports.
If your curious about the quality and such you can get this https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/product/408 ... UTF8&psc=1 Unfortunately not all the color pages are in color but it's a neat thing to have

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Thu Apr 07, 2022 5:23 pm

Been a while since I gave any updates on the VizBigs (and their censorship). Oops! Might finally start doing that now

Anyway, I was looking through the Dragon Ball Volume 1 VizBig and noticed they didn't even include all of the color pages like I was expecting (first noticed on chapters 2 & 3). That's really disappointing, especially since having the colored pages was the main selling point for me

Gee, thanks, Viz

I'm thinking of putting together a spreadsheet or something detailing all of the censorship/problems I found. Don't really have the other releases of the manga though, so if anyone ever wants to add in any censorship they've noticed in other printings, I'd appreciate that (and I'm sure it'll help any other fan who wants to buy the manga later down the road)

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:13 pm

This video covers almost everything, as is a pretty solid guide
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LCdHHkMSWs&t=281s

NewKakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by NewKakarot » Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:46 pm

That is a pretty good video, but sadly she didn't mention the colored chapters the VizBigs still printed in greyscale. Started my spreadsheet the other day to keep track of all of them (so far I've counted 14). However, I only have the Dragon Ball VizBigs, not the "Z era", so until I buy the rest of the series, that's kinda where I'll stop.

I'm also covering all of the censorship for the artwork. If anyone wants to help out or see the spreadsheet, just send me a message and I'll share it.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:18 pm

NewKakarot wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:46 pm That is a pretty good video, but sadly she didn't mention the colored chapters the VizBigs still printed in greyscale. Started my spreadsheet the other day to keep track of all of them (so far I've counted 14). However, I only have the Dragon Ball VizBigs, not the "Z era", so until I buy the rest of the series, that's kinda where I'll stop.

I'm also covering all of the censorship for the artwork. If anyone wants to help out or see the spreadsheet, just send me a message and I'll share it.
For the color pages, people do flip throughs on youtube, that might give you a head start. I wonder if they dont have access to all the color pages, the 3 in 1 omnibus' do have a quality drop on some of the color chapters, they look like the old singles.