“Do it!” Which moment was more intense for you: Goku and Frieza vs Jiren or Goku vs Evil (Kid) Boo?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

“Do it!” Which moment was more intense for you: Goku and Frieza vs Jiren or Goku vs Evil (Kid) Boo?

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:49 pm

I noticed that during the moments when Goku kills Evil Boo with the Spirit Bomb and when Goku and Frieza eliminate Jiren in the Tournament of Power, all the other important characters yell “Do it!”. That made me realize how intense those moments were. Which “Do it!” moment did you find more intense?

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Re: “Do it!” Which moment was more intense for you: Goku and Frieza vs Jiren or Goku vs Evil (Kid) Boo?

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:15 pm

Goku vs Freeza is my favorite and then Goku vs Piccolo Daimaou. The rest weren't as memorable (Goku vs Kid Boo, etc) but still enjoyable, imo.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Re: “Do it!” Which moment was more intense for you: Goku and Frieza vs Jiren or Goku vs Evil (Kid) Boo?

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Sun Jan 27, 2019 1:20 am

They were suspenseful.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:52 am

Are those really the only "Do it" (or IIIIKEEEE!) moments? It feels like a very common anime trope.

I guess I'd give it to Goku and Freeza vs Jiren since it's a better climax than Goku vs Buu overall, but I don't know how much that counts.

If you want to go by similar scenes, Gokue yelling "DOOO ITT!" during Gohan's beam struggle with Cell, or everyone yelling "GOOKUUU" during Battle of Gods are also good.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jan 27, 2019 8:41 am

I preferred the climax of the Future Trunks arc when the people of Earth gave their energy to Trunks. I don't remember if they were yelling precisely "Do it!" but the concept is basically the same. A large group of people cheering for the good guy against the big bad. This scene was personally much more impactful because it wasn't just Goku's friends who were cheering but all the mortals left on Earth. Though the writing was terrible, the scene was beautiful, I especially loved the theme and the visual of the Genkidama cleansing the skies of the planet from Zamasu's darkness.

Rebel_Yeh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rebel_Yeh » Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:56 pm

Kataphrut wrote:or everyone yelling "GOOKUUU" during Battle of Gods are also good.
Didn’t that just happen in Goku’s head though?

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:07 am

Buu since Super's fights already lose all tension because you know who will survive due to it's weird placement in between Z. The Majin Buu saga at least took risks with letting characters (temporarily) die without knowing if they'll be back. GT also did this very well.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Thu Jan 31, 2019 12:36 pm

I would say Buu since it was obvious that everyone was gonna be alive or wished back by the end of ToP.