Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Young-Jah » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:37 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Why are you comparing a dead man found innocent to Vic? Also if you a teenager why go to Michael Jackson?
Why are you being a jerk to me.
Asking you two questions is being a Jerk now. Earlier you asked not to be called an idoit and now here you have resorted to name calling.
You just said why I compare MJ, who passed away due to cardiac arrest/homicide in 2009, to Vic.
And said if I'm a teenager, why go to Michael Jackson.
It's My Boy, your Boy, his Boy! ~OSW Review HD

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:46 pm

Young-Jah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Young-Jah wrote: Why are you being a jerk to me.
Asking you two questions is being a Jerk now. Earlier you asked not to be called an idoit and now here you have resorted to name calling.
You just said why I compare MJ, who passed away due to cardiac arrest/homicide in 2009, to Vic.
Once again asking you two questions is being a Jerk and you who didn't want to be called an idoit is now name calling.

According to your profile you have been 3 when Michael Jackson was in trial so it was interesting to me a teenager would go that far back other using Bill Cosby for example which is a far better comparrison.
Last edited by miguelnuva1 on Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:54 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Once again aiming you two questions is being a Jerk and you who didn't want to be called an idoit is now name calling.

According to your profile you have been 3 when Michael Jackson was in trial so it was interesting to me a teenager would go that far back other using Bill Cosby for example which is a far better comparrison.
Based on his signature I’m gonna take a shot in the dark he’s a big fan of Michael Jackson’s music. Hence why he went to Michael Jackson as an example.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:55 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Once again aiming you two questions is being a Jerk and you who didn't want to be called an idoit is now name calling.

Why do you have to use my profile as an example, why Cosby, what is wrong with you man.
Why so angry with my comment.
I just said-

OK, I'm going to just forget it.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:01 am

MasenkoHA wrote:
miguelnuva1 wrote:
Young-Jah wrote: You just said why I compare MJ, who passed away due to cardiac arrest/homicide in 2009, to Vic.

Based on his signature I’m gonna take a shot in the dark he’s a big fan of Michael Jackson’s music. Hence why he went to Michael Jackson as an example.
No, I'm a huge fan of other music than Jackson.
I just use this signature cause I didn't know what will I want to use.

Why is people hating me saying Michael Jackson.

Seriously guys, I'm not being biased for Jackson.
I was just asking a question.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:20 am

People trying to put a Swat on Schemmel now?!

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:37 am

That's actually impressive. The first time of any note of an actual lie to attack Vic's supporters and they go ahead and make it real. Fucking legendary.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:41 am

Adam Sheehan also deleted his tweet:
https://twitter.com/neumaverick/status/ ... 7953735681
I deleted my post about the SWATing. After talking with some people I found it was not true. I also found out that this person in question has some clinical issues. I’m looking into what help they might be able to get in response to this news.
I’ll ask you one more thing. That is to not attack them for this if you know who they are. They need some help now and not more people piling on. Thank you.
In case anybody did not see what Sheehan originally tweeted, here they are:
Someone in the anime community who spoke up about the Vic had their door kicked in by a SWAT team this morning after someone made a fake 911 call. They said they stand with Vic on the call. This garbage person is on your team #StandWithVic people. #KickVic
Luckily the person who got their door kicked in was not hurt. The police apologized for the act and are helping to fix the door.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Broly深蓝

Post by Broly深蓝 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:03 am

This is all so surreal

EXBadguy

Post by EXBadguy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:09 am

Shaddy wrote:That's actually impressive. The first time of any note of an actual lie to attack Vic's supporters and they go ahead and make it real. Fucking legendary.
Now the Vic supporters are gonna think that they won and make it all about them...
Akira Toriyama wrote:If anyone. ANYONE AT TOEI! Makes a movie about old and weak major villains returning, or making recolored versions of Super Saiyan, I'ma come to yo company and evict you from doing Dragon Ball ever again! Only I do those things, because people love me, and they despise you....derp!
Marco Polo wrote:Goku Black is a fan of DBZ who hates Super and has taken the form of a younger Goku (thinner shape, softer hair) to avenge the original series by destroying the new.

TheBlackPaladin
I Live Here

Post by TheBlackPaladin » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:23 am

Broly深蓝 wrote:This is all so surreal
*Sigh*....yup. That's just about the best way to sum this whole mess up. I mean...ugh...just....ugh....online hate-mobs, sexual harassment, fake accusations of SWAT attacks, angry tweets...these are a whole lot of things that damage one's faith in humanity. All in one place.
A "rather haggard" translation of a line from Future Gohan in DBZ, provided to FUNimation by Toei:
"To think of fighting that is this fun...so, it was pleasant fight, as many as, therefore is a feeling which is good the fight where."

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:29 am

Hey, things may be rough, but the guy's been fired. He's gotten what he deserves for the things we knew he did, everything else is just kind of a really stupid aftermath. Either way we still haven't progressed to the Undertale needle cookies yet or whatever.
EXBadguy wrote: Now the Vic supporters are gonna think that they won and make it all about them...
Nah, they're probably going to say "that wasn't us that was someone on the kickvic side trying to make us look bad", which is of course going to seem awfully hypocritical while they parrot the "evidence-faking" facebook troll as proof that the victims are lying.

Robo4900
I Live Here

Post by Robo4900 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:33 am

TheBlackPaladin wrote:
Broly深蓝 wrote:This is all so surreal
*Sigh*....yup. That's just about the best way to sum this whole mess up. I mean...ugh...just....ugh....online hate-mobs, sexual harassment, fake accusations of SWAT attacks, angry tweets...these are a whole lot of things that damage one's faith in humanity. All in one place.
Yeah.

I suggest just taking a step back from this thread and only checking it once a day at most. It's just depressing, frustrating, and unfulfilling to face this nonsense that, ultimately, we have no real input on.
The point of Dragon Ball is to enjoy it. Never lose sight of that.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:37 am

I'm in a random thread on Reddit and what do you know, I stumble across yet another accusation of Vic being inappropriate in an unrelated topic.
No joke that guy they’re defending is a fucking creep and you’re right they only do it because they value their personal entertainment over someone else’s hardship.

I have a distinct memory of a convention I attended in 2006 and that VA grabbed me from behind without any kind of consent. My mom and I were leaving the event and heading for the airport and all of a sudden arms are around my pre-teen waist coming from behind and his face is literally breathing into my ear. Like, idk if he thought he was taking a photo with a fan, which I guess I get on some level. But the manner that it happened was jarring and inappropriate, and if his first instinct was to grab a 14 year old stranger like that who made no indication of being a fan, I definitely fucking believe he’s capable of more.

Needless to say, we left on a kind of bittersweet note because of that. I tried really hard for years to spin it differently, like I didn’t know it was creepy as fuck, mostly because his fans are kinda rabid and a slight against him was apparently a slight against the series or something lol. That all being said it’s increasingly fucked up that we live in this culture that downplays and invalidates victims of unwanted touching, assault, etc. because that shit is real and McNugget is a slimeball.
EDIT: As for the SWATing situation (which I never believed from the start), it's a perfect example of how false accusations are actually ridiculously easy to demonstrate.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:14 am

This SWAT thing is really crazy. All the situation become really extreme now.
Cursed Lemon wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:You saying I'm more preoccupied with one than the other is just an assumption of you.
No actually it's your post history but thanks
It's just your interpretation again. but ok.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:50 am

I'm almost, almost more disgusted by the fact that someone would fake a SWAT thing than I am with the notion of people actually SWAT-ing over this. Almost. Either way, I'm quickly losing faith in humanity over both sides of the situation at this point (in regards to how far some fans are taking things, I mean).

Is this getting older? Is getting older losing faith in your own race? At 30, am I just going to turn into Red Foreman?
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:09 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote:I'm almost, almost more disgusted by the fact that someone would fake a SWAT thing than I am with the notion of people actually SWAT-ing over this. Almost. Either way, I'm quickly losing faith in humanity over both sides of the situation at this point (in regards to how far some fans are taking things, I mean).

Is this getting older? Is getting older losing faith in your own race? At 30, am I just going to turn into Red Foreman?
Plenty of people need a foot up their ass.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:15 am

Shaddy wrote:]I'm not sure if you misunderstood what it said or you're really trying to spread misinformation here. The person in question says the team was sent by someone on Mignogna's side in response to them defending the victims.
I misunderstood it, but I'm glad it's proven to be fake.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Izanagi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Izanagi » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:03 am

Young-Jah wrote:Is Vic Mignogna allegation even worst or similar to Michael Jackson 1993 trial and the 2005 trial.
They're similar, but not quite. Mignogna will never in his lifetime ever dream of reaching the same fame as Michael Jackson did. The Michael Jackson case continues to this very day and age be the textbook example of media sensationalism and unsubstantiated rumor-mongering at its very worst. Lies taken as facts, an ever-changing narrative from accusers and prosecutors alike, and lest we forget, supposed "victims" who denied those rumors categorically (the man who first started to accuse Jackson of molesting his son, admitted he was lying to leech money off from him and he committed suicide one month following Jackson's death). That situation cost him jobs, including being the compositor of the OST of Sonic 3 and Knuckles, destroyed his life and contributed to his untimely demise. Even to this day, even after his death, people are still trying to ruin his legacy and mooch money off from his estate the worst way possible (see: Leaving Neverland).

Having said that, it would be unfair to say that the allegations don't mean anything against Mignogna. If the allegations are proven to be false, at best, for Mignogna, it means that they tried to destroy his reputation and he lost a few jobs. And at worst, if the accusations are proven to be true, then he should be on prison or serve community service. I'll reserve any judgement to those that actually knows all there is to know about any given case about him.

Young-Jah
Beyond Newbie

Post by Young-Jah » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:50 am

Izanagi wrote:
Young-Jah wrote:Is Vic Mignogna allegation even worst or similar to Michael Jackson 1993 trial and the 2005 trial.
They're similar, but not quite. Mignogna will never in his lifetime ever dream of reaching the same fame as Michael Jackson did. The Michael Jackson case continues to this very day and age be the textbook example of media sensationalism and unsubstantiated rumor-mongering at its very worst. Lies taken as facts, an ever-changing narrative from accusers and prosecutors alike, and lest we forget, supposed "victims" who denied those rumors categorically (the man who first started to accuse Jackson of molesting his son, admitted he was lying to leech money off from him and he committed suicide one month following Jackson's death). That situation cost him jobs, including being the compositor of the OST of Sonic 3 and Knuckles, destroyed his life and contributed to his untimely demise. Even to this day, even after his death, people are still trying to ruin his legacy and mooch money off from his estate the worst way possible (see: Leaving Neverland).

Having said that, it would be unfair to say that the allegations don't mean anything against Mignogna. If the allegations are proven to be false, at best, for Mignogna, it means that they tried to destroy his reputation and he lost a few jobs. And at worst, if the accusations are proven to be true, then he should be on prison or serve community service. I'll reserve any judgement to those that actually knows all there is to know about any given case about him.
OK, I get it now.
Speaking of few jobs, Mignogna not only played the current role as Broly, but he also play the role as E-123 Omega from the Sonic Series, which he still currently is today.