Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am

Mooreish wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:42 pm
VegettoEX wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 2:48 pm I mean, yeah...? But we're talking a drop in the bucket here, especially if they recorded a bunch of them all in one fell swoop in one videography session.
Vic is a big drop in the bucket. He’s fucking Broly. People would be interested in the voice actor for Broly. And people were really looking forward to seeing Vic Mignogna handsome angelic beautiful ageless face in the special features.
Are you for real!? IS HE FOR REAL!?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:18 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am Are you for real!? IS HE FOR REAL!?
No no no, he was just "having fun", according to him. His tone certainly has changed, though, since the first time he entered this thread.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:26 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:18 am
Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:08 am Are you for real!? IS HE FOR REAL!?
No no no, he was just "having fun", according to him. His tone certainly has changed, though, since the first time he entered this thread.
...changed how?

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:28 am

I know we usually tend to dismiss Nick Reikata and such, but what has he said that was blatantly false? Genuinely asking because I never slogged through his six hour diatribes.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:29 am

Fionordequester wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:18 am His tone certainly has changed, though, since the first time he entered this thread.
I don't think it has. Take a look at his first few posts in the thread, they're about the same quality as they are now.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 am

gokaiblue wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:28 am I know we usually tend to dismiss Nick Reikata and such, but what has he said that was blatantly false? Genuinely asking because I never slogged through his six hour diatribes.
Exactly, it’s bordering on them advocating for his censorship right now. They keep saying we should close this thread, say that we shouldn’t listen to anybody pro Vic. Why are they trying to blot them out?
Last edited by Mooreish on Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 am

They say lawsuits are happening tomorrow.

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:40 am

Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 am Exactly, it’s bordering on them advocating for his censorship right now.
Really? I haven't seen a single person say the government should take down his channel.

Because that's what censorship is. That's all it's ever been. You people just invoke the first amendment like it's some rule that private companies or forums have to follow and just let anyone saying horrible things stick around on their platforms.
Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 amThey keep saying we should close this thread,
This isn't true. Most of the people wanting the thread closed were either scared of the drama or thought that if we took the attention away from proper discussion from the issue that will let Vic's shitty fans get more traction.
Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:31 amsay that we shouldn’t listen to anybody pro Vic. Why are they trying to blot them out?
Because the things they (and by proxy, you) are saying are wrong. For reference, you can see in this thread we also advocate against listening to the people that use racist language to justify our own movement, people that say 9/11 was a good thing, and people that think there's a secret conspiracy of evil feminists that try to take down z-list screechy voice men for being white.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:55 am

While it is true that Reikata has donned blackface, what has he said that was actually false? From what I've gathered from his videos, it's just a bunch of rambling, speculation, and occasionally actual facts.

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA

Shaddy

Post by Shaddy » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am

Well, there is the whole thing where his entire argument and the entire crowd of Vic stans say that Rial, Marchie and over a hundred other women are lying maniacs that have a secret SJW conspiracy to take down the men they don't like. That would be wrong.

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:32 am

Shaddy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am Well, there is the whole thing where his entire argument and the entire crowd of Vic stans say that Rial, Marchie and over a hundred other women are lying maniacs that have a secret SJW conspiracy to take down the men they don't like. That would be wrong.
There's definitely that. I guess I'm looking for anything specific. Most of the stuff he says can't really he verified, though...

Also, a person on Twitter posted a thread pertaining to a 70 page document he made about this controversy. You have to join a discord server to gain access to it, but it is interesting to see what he included in it. https://twitter.com/Ichiro_Ordo957/stat ... 26081?s=19

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:47 am

gokaiblue wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:55 am While it is true that Reikata has donned blackface, what has he said that was actually false? From what I've gathered from his videos, it's just a bunch of rambling, speculation, and occasionally actual facts.
That's the tricky thing. What he says isn't TECHNICALLY wrong... It's just presented in the most one-sided, manipulative ways you can imagine. For example...

https://twitter.com/NickRekieta/status/ ... 4139440128

This here, and the following tweets after it, are phrased in a way that implies that he got a Kamehacon contract, and that he's going to start ripping into "certain parties" regarding "TI and breach of contract issues". In other words, a veiled threat...

Yet, when he's then challenged on it...

https://twitter.com/ArceorKoga/status/1 ... 7619440640

He then basically says that it's just a generic guest contract, and that all he intends to do is educate everyone on how convention guest contracts work. That, and that it was apparently a response to Renfamous telling him he didn't know what a guest contract... Even though you'll see that the tweet was NOT in response to anything or anybody.

Or, in one of his 4 hour videos titled KamehaCon Announcements, CONtracts, ANN Articles, and a Whole Lot of REEEEEEEEEE (yes, that's a real title...)...

He talks about how Kamehacon was "allegedly" threatened by Monica, Sabat, et al, according to a "source" he had... And lo and behold, everyone's parading that around as though that's the truth... And he's not doing a blasted thing to stop that.

Yes, he said it "allegedly" happened... So if anyone tries to call him a liar, he can say "no, I didn't TECHNICALLY lie! See? I didn't "tell" my viewers ANYTHING!"... And so on and so forth.

He spins things in a way that allows his viewers to make the worst kinds of assumptions, then lets them out upon all the folks they hate so much... and does so in a way that he can cover his own butt, if he so needs to.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 am

gokaiblue wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:32 am
Shaddy wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 2:08 am Well, there is the whole thing where his entire argument and the entire crowd of Vic stans say that Rial, Marchie and over a hundred other women are lying maniacs that have a secret SJW conspiracy to take down the men they don't like. That would be wrong.
There's definitely that. I guess I'm looking for anything specific. Most of the stuff he says can't really he verified, though...

Also, a person on Twitter posted a thread pertaining to a 70 page document he made about this controversy. You have to join a discord server to gain access to it, but it is interesting to see what he included in it. https://twitter.com/Ichiro_Ordo957/stat ... 26081?s=19
Imagine if people on the internet put this kind of effort into actual major injustices in the world, and not just one anime voice actor getting fired from a company.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:49 am

MozillaVulpix wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:47 am Imagine if people on the internet put this kind of effort into actual major injustices in the world, and not just one anime voice actor getting fired from a company.
To be fair, "in the world" is a pretty abstract phrase. Much easier to get involved with things that are more immediate; at least for me.

TVfan721
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TVfan721 » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 am

Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 am They say lawsuits are happening tomorrow.

Lawsuits against whom? Who is Vic suing?

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:41 am

TVfan721 wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:12 am
Mooreish wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 1:33 am They say lawsuits are happening tomorrow.

Lawsuits against whom? Who is Vic suing?
We’ll probably find out today.

Char Aznable
Regular

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am

This is my opinion of course but now that the Blu-ray is out and you can switch between the Japanese and the English versions at will, you can hear just how bad Vic Migogna's performance as Broli is compared to Bin Shimada. Obviously you could do this with the old movies, but all the focus right now is on DBS: Broli, so I'm solely focusing on that. It kind of makes the fanboyism over Vic's 'amazing job' as Broli pretty damn funny.

Mooreish
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mooreish » Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:51 pm

Char Aznable wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:47 am This is my opinion of course but now that the Blu-ray is out and you can switch between the Japanese and the English versions at will, you can hear just how bad Vic Migogna's performance as Broli is compared to Bin Shimada. Obviously you could do this with the old movies, but all the focus right now is on DBS: Broli, so I'm solely focusing on that. It kind of makes the fanboyism over Vic's 'amazing job' as Broli pretty damn funny.
I think it also has to do with how different Vic sounds doing broly than when he does other voices for different characters.

AgitoZ
Temporarily Banned

Post by AgitoZ » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 pm

If you're not here soon... GET ON!

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:43 pm

AgitoZ wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 7:33 pm Image
Welp, looks like something is going down.