Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 02, 2019 10:04 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 9:32 am
Shaddy wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 3:27 pmLest we forget that this entire situation has become more politicized as vic stans have made a basic case of sexual harassment and assault into a "libruls r so snesitivvvee" issue.
"B-b-b-but liberals being mean to Vic stans is example #1823432984279345725 of how we got Trump!!!!!11"
You can be ironic as you want, but that is actually... kinda of true. Well, not this 'liberals being mean with Vic stans' thing especifically, but the fact that liberals (or any other thing you want to call them) tend to be hysterical most of the time, thinking that just 'yell on twitter' and promoving mob culture on the internet is something relevant and good for society.
This thread itself is a huge example of it. And regular people are actually really tired of it. Really, really tired.

If you guys cannot understand why Vic, wrong as he is (and he is wrong), still has supporters (or why Trump was elected, as you exemplified), well, good luck.

--------------------------------

Also, since Vic Mignogna is the origin of this discussion, there is something to update about his work: the new Baki anime had it's 2nd part released on Netflix yesterday. Vic Mignogna was still on his role (Gouki Shibukawa), and even did a minor role in ep 24. I don't know if the 2nd part was dubbed before or after this entire thing, but he wasn't replaced in his character.
The dub for the new Baki series was produced by Studiopolis in LA. Nothing of it was related with Funimation.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 02, 2019 10:22 pm

Left-wingers are no more internet bitchy than right-wingers. They're just perceived as less legitimate because they happen to be young, queer and minorities...y'know, the marginalized.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu May 02, 2019 11:22 pm

It's an action-reaction thing actually. Left-wingers do their internet-bitching, and then right-wingers do their internet-bitching as a response. Usually, is what happens; not always but on most of the times it happens.

There is nothing to do with being marginalized also, but with behavior, and with ideas, like saying that big companies should be nationalized and turned into commodities or something, witch sounds extremist and out-of-reality for most of regular people. Just an example.

The "IStandWithVic" moviment exist because of the excesses in the "KickVic" moviment, like threating people who were skeptical at the beginning of this entire situation as bad people or ignorant people, and then it started.
And I don't need to talk about some very cringe situations that happened, like that copy-pasted message Monica Rial tweeted to everyone that just tried to argument with her; it just made the "IStandWithVic" stronger, and this is a fact.

To be clear, for me, it's almost impossible for Vic to not being guilty at this point, since so many women with nothing to gain on it talked about being harassed by him. But at the same time, the excesses on the KickVic moviment created a lot of damage to itself, at a point that many people - regular people, I need to say - now simply do not believe it anymore. They don't want to believe a moviment that rejects presumption of innocence, as "KickVic" actually did at some point; and then, they start to believe on "IStandWithVic" just because it's the reaction of it.

And many similar situations happened in the last years in different contexts. In the politics, in Hollywood, etcetera. And it seems it will not stop, unfortunally. Good night to everyone.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri May 03, 2019 3:36 am

Seems more like people were defending him as soon as he was accused, just out of the principle of 'sticking it to the SJWs' and 'He voiced some anime characters I like so he couldn't have done anything bad'.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 04, 2019 3:36 am

Now Jim Cummings is also getting accused of sexual harassement from his ex-wife and animal abuse. Good grief, another one of my favorite voice actors of all time. Could things get any worse?
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Sat May 04, 2019 4:27 am

How on Earth is two voice actors being accused of terrible acts the worst things could get?

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sat May 04, 2019 6:21 am

Brodes wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 4:27 am How on Earth is two voice actors being accused of terrible acts the worst things could get?
I was only talking about Jim Cummings, not Vic Mignogna. I just wasn't expecting Jim Cummings to get accusations, that's all. Sigh... why did this have to happen?
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sat May 04, 2019 7:21 am

People are people. Talent =/= Morals :( ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 am

This is so you people, all of this is nothing more than gossip, why do we have to know about personal matters between family or friends? it used to be that that was handled between the family or friends but no, something happens ya gotta put it on Instagram or Twitter. "Like oh my gosh like did you see twitter today like my favorite voice actor is like messed up like ya". That's all this is, a person makes a private matter public and people jump on it like wolves, I don't care what Vic has done or not done it's not my place to talk about it and neither it's anyone else's who doesn't personally know the man or his circle, same for Jim Cummings. You got divorced? put it on Instagram and twitter, you got abused? put it on Instagram and twitter, everything is a joke and a public affair these days, people should not get mad when people start taking sides when you make things public because to the public this is nothing more than TMZ "story of the week" gossip for the public to sink their claws in, as humans we clamor for drama, not that long ago we used to "enjoy" public hangings and watching people kill each other in the Coliseum, it's in our blood. The best thing you can do as a human being is ignore all of this and not put any mind into what happens with voice actors, especially if it's a "twitter" affair.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 04, 2019 8:55 am

You've just stated that the best thing you can do is not care about the well-being and safety of other human beings.

This is wrong, this is a problem, and this is not OK.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Brodes
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brodes » Sat May 04, 2019 9:01 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 am This is so you people, all of this is nothing more than gossip, why do we have to know about personal matters between family or friends? it used to be that that was handled between the family or friends but no, something happens ya gotta put it on Instagram or Twitter. "Like oh my gosh like did you see twitter today like my favorite voice actor is like messed up like ya". That's all this is, a person makes a private matter public and people jump on it like wolves, I don't care what Vic has done or not done it's not my place to talk about it and neither it's anyone else's who doesn't personally know the man or his circle, same for Jim Cummings. You got divorced? put it on Instagram and twitter, you got abused? put it on Instagram and twitter, everything is a joke and a public affair these days, people should not get mad when people start taking sides when you make things public because to the public this is nothing more than TMZ "story of the week" gossip for the public to sink their claws in, as humans we clamor for drama, not that long ago we used to "enjoy" public hangings and watching people kill each other in the Coliseum, it's in our blood. The best thing you can do as a human being is ignore all of this and not put any mind into what happens with voice actors, especially if it's a "twitter" affair.
So... what, exactly, is a 'twitter afair' and how does it pertain to you being a terrible person attempting to shut down discussion? If you don't care, why post? How are victims telling their stories 'gossip'? Ugh. I had to actually check if this was your first post here.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat May 04, 2019 10:33 am

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 8:28 am That's all this is, a person makes a private matter public and people jump on it like wolves, I don't care what Vic has done or not done it's not my place to talk about it and neither it's anyone else's who doesn't personally know the man or his circle
Yeah uh sexual misconduct is everybody's business around the person, thanks.
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

SaiyanTarzan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SaiyanTarzan » Sat May 04, 2019 11:41 am

What I'm saying is is what's the point of making this a social media thing? why didn't these people come together and make a kickstarter to pay for a civil lawsuit against Vic? why bring it to twitter? what is the real point of this other than creating drama which is what this has caused? for example I don't think the abuse of Rihanna was learned through social media but rather through reporters and it was taken to court and Chris was arrested. But with this now what? now people are in the receiving end of a civil lawsuit on Slander and Defamation.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat May 04, 2019 1:10 pm

Vic's behavior had been known for years and nothing was done. Same with many cases like Cosby. Getting the word out and into the public consciousness is what finally mobilized people to actually do something about it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sat May 04, 2019 1:16 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:41 am What I'm saying is is what's the point of making this a social media thing? why didn't these people come together and make a kickstarter to pay for a civil lawsuit against Vic? why bring it to twitter? what is the real point of this other than creating drama which is what this has caused? for example I don't think the abuse of Rihanna was learned through social media but rather through reporters and it was taken to court and Chris was arrested. But with this now what? now people are in the receiving end of a civil lawsuit on Slander and Defamation.
"Why didn't totally unrelated women across decades band together with an online crowd-funding campaign" is a really weird contrast to put in the same paragraph as your "why is this fabricated drama only on social media".

Do you even remotely see the absurdity of what you're saying here? Like, in all respects?
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sat May 04, 2019 1:27 pm

Always curious how anyone asking "why didn't the women involved [insert suggestion here]???" never considers doing their own research.

That aside, the Jim Cummings news is brutal beyond belief. Here's hoping his ex-wife and kids and pull through.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 3:36 am
Seems more like people were defending him as soon as he was accused, just out of the principle of 'sticking it to the SJWs' and 'He voiced some anime characters I like so he couldn't have done anything bad'.
Yeah, uh, this was obvious from the get-go. Little to no one is seriously wondering why #IStandWithVic started or continues to persist. (Not to paint all his supporters as blatant misogynists -- the naivete of "oh I met him once and he seemed nice/oh I liked his roles" certainly plays a part -- but the associated hashtags and grifters involved are telling.)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 04, 2019 2:32 pm

SaiyanTarzan wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:41 am What I'm saying is is what's the point of making this a social media thing? why didn't these people come together and make a kickstarter to pay for a civil lawsuit against Vic? why bring it to twitter? what is the real point of this other than creating drama which is what this has caused? for example I don't think the abuse of Rihanna was learned through social media but rather through reporters and it was taken to court and Chris was arrested. But with this now what? now people are in the receiving end of a civil lawsuit on Slander and Defamation.
The abolition of slavery, Woman's Suffrage, the New Deal, the Great Society and the Civil Rights Act all should have used GoFundMe and gone to a grand jury!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Sat May 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Holy fuck Julie that post was epic! Can I put it in my sig?
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Sat May 04, 2019 5:05 pm

The abolition of slavery, Woman's Suffrage, the New Deal, the Great Society and the Civil Rights Act were as they were because of real actions, and not just 'yelling at Twitter'. In some of these cases, people took guns to do their moviments.
Also, about the New Deal, it's not a consensus that was a good thing for the economy.

Anyway, as I've commented before, at least until now, it seems that Vic's voice acting career is not over in Los Angeles, but only in Texas until now. We'll see if it's happening when the dub for the new Bungou Stray Dogs season will be released. If they kept Vic on the cast, then his voice acting career will not be over yet.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sat May 04, 2019 5:16 pm

I don't know how many times we can possibly explain it to you and others that sexual assault is a crime that often has no evidence. So for the millionth time to you and others, what are they supposed to do? Clam up and let douchebags like Vic victimize others until someone happens to have a cell phone out? At which point people like you will say, "oh they're just leeching off the real victim to lie and push their agenda" anyway?
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃