Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

Kefla
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kefla » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 pm

Olé Vicky has backed himself into a corner, with this.

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm

Kefla wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 pm
Olé Vicky has backed himself into a corner, with this.
It's so bizarre. In most ways, Vic Mignogna almost appears to be a good person... Just so completely tone deaf to others' feelings, that he'll victimize them without even realizing it. Heck, that's probably a large part of HOW he's been getting away with this for so long.

It's actually a little scary. He's still bad, but... he's the kind of bad that makes me wonder if I could've turned out like he did, without a better support structure :? ...
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Kefla
Newbie
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Kefla » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:31 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm
Kefla wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 pm
Olé Vicky has backed himself into a corner, with this.
It's so bizarre. In most ways, Vic Mignogna almost appears to be a good person... Just so completely tone deaf to others' feelings, that he'll victimize them without even realizing it. Heck, that's probably a large part of HOW he's been getting away with this for so long.

It's actually a little scary. He's still bad, but... he's the kind of bad that makes me wonder if I could've turned out like he did, without a better support structure :? ...
Reminds me of a family member, who always tries to hug me without my permission. Anytime I complain of such, I get scolded for denying said member a hug. Personal space doesn’t seem to matter much anymore.

User avatar
KBABZ
I Live Here
Posts: 3965
Joined: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: The tallest tower in West City

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by KBABZ » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:33 pm

Fionordequester wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:25 pm
Kefla wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:15 pm
Olé Vicky has backed himself into a corner, with this.
It's so bizarre. In most ways, Vic Mignogna almost appears to be a good person... Just so completely tone deaf to others' feelings, that he'll victimize them without even realizing it. Heck, that's probably a large part of HOW he's been getting away with this for so long.

It's actually a little scary. He's still bad, but... he's the kind of bad that makes me wonder if I could've turned out like he did, without a better support structure :? ...
As an autistic person I can semi-relate to that situation, where you don't realize how your actions are affecting others, but Vic doesn't have an excuse even if he were like me because it's well-known that he was reprimanded about it from Rial (and likely others) multiple times and lied about changing his behaviour, instead continuing with his actions. That means he was well aware that his actions were reprehensible as he did them.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:44 pm

Honestly at this point, I'm almost convinced that he got fleeced, KNOWS he got fleeced, and just wants this all to end so he's trying to tank his own case as quickly and definitively as possible, and can cut his losses and try to move on with the rest of his life. Because I just cannot possibly see how the things he's admitting to, even if they're not breaking any 'laws' in of themselves (since he's not the one on trial at the moment), is in any way something that he thinks will clear his name and reputation and get him his roles back. It's just not possible for him, for anyone, to be that delusional. God I hope it's not.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 12495
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:58 pm

Mic Vignogna is a big fish in a small pond and got away with the bullshit he pulled solely because nobody in a position of the minute capitalistic power would say anything. Now that he's in an actual legal situation we can actually see just how much of a little nobody he is.

Dude just admitted to sexual assault on camera, again.
•Julie | She/Her | Pansexual & Transgender | Queer |
•Avatar: Igarashi Kyou (married name: Hasumi Kyou) from the web comic 性転換後、親友と (Seitenka-go. Shin'yuu to) by Eroe (Pixiv; Twitter)

LostTimeLord
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 159
Joined: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:14 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by LostTimeLord » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am
WARNING: In reading Monica's deposition, Nick descends into full-on rape apologism. I believe we've had sexual assault survivors post in this thread, so take heed of a probable trigger warning, cause it's not fucking pretty. (Not that you'll ever be prepared otherwise.)

Nick Rekieta is an absolute scumbag.
Against my better judgement, I found this clip in the original video. It's even worse than that twitter summary makes it out to be. It genuinely made me feel physically ill.
And Rekieta responds with that. He's not only a lawyer who doesn't understand something as simple as consent, but he's encouraging other people to think like this. There's comments on the YouTube video along the lines of 'how is any man supposed to know to stop if a woman doesn't say "no"'.

Fucking hell.

I've reported it with the timestamp, so either Vic's fans start whinging about free speech or YouTube will greet me tomorrow with a whole recommendations page of Rekieta and his henchmen.

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5663
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:09 pm

LostTimeLord wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:59 pm
Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:44 am
WARNING: In reading Monica's deposition, Nick descends into full-on rape apologism. I believe we've had sexual assault survivors post in this thread, so take heed of a probable trigger warning, cause it's not fucking pretty. (Not that you'll ever be prepared otherwise.)

Nick Rekieta is an absolute scumbag.
Against my better judgement, I found this clip in the original video. It's even worse than that twitter summary makes it out to be. It genuinely made me feel physically ill.
And Rekieta responds with that. He's not only a lawyer who doesn't understand something as simple as consent, but he's encouraging other people to think like this. There's comments on the YouTube video along the lines of 'how is any man supposed to know to stop if a woman doesn't say "no"'.

Fucking hell.

I've reported it with the timestamp, so either Vic's fans start whinging about free speech or YouTube will greet me tomorrow with a whole recommendations page of Rekieta and his henchmen.
It's like if a mugger puts a gun to your head and asks for your wallet, and you give it to them without protest, and they later say 'Well I only asked, they had the choice to say no but they didn't, so they agreed to give it to me'.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:48 am

"How is a man to stop if a woman doesn't say no" is the most garbage, disingenuous non-starter in history.

Sex is arguably the most interactive activity on the planet, it is littered with nonverbal cues and communicative gestures. That's the reason you don't need to specifically hear your boyfriend/girlfriend say "yes I give consent to sexual activity at this present time, admissible in court", because you're capable of picking up on what is a favorable mood/tone/etc. and what is not. To explain it is complicated but to experience it is absolutely not, and it's often as easy as observing active participation or not, e.g. if a woman is just starfishing, maybe you should pause and investigate.

To say a man can't discern consent without a specific "yes or no" is to assert that a man is looking for any excuse to greenlight shoving his dick in something and explicitly insulate himself thereon from any other kind of communication barreling ahead without any further regard (indicating that consent is just an annoying speed bump for him), and/or presuming that he's too fucking dumb to heed such clues regardless (which is NOT exoneration).
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

ssj4
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:07 am

What ws the first he admitted to it?

User avatar
Bryesque
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 189
Joined: Sat Jan 28, 2017 11:39 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Bryesque » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:44 am

Via Greg Doucette:

Image

Is that not... one of the accusations he's suing over? And he just admitted he did it, under oath?

Like, someone tell me I'm missing something here. Because... I mean... :crazy:

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:43 am

Cursed Lemon wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:48 am
To say a man can't discern consent without a specific "yes or no" is to assert that a man is looking for any excuse to greenlight shoving his dick in something and explicitly insulate himself thereon from any other kind of communication barreling ahead without any further regard (indicating that consent is just an annoying speed bump for him), and/or presuming that he's too fucking dumb to heed such clues regardless (which is NOT exoneration).
The really sad part is, there are tons of guys out there who pretty much are just like that.

I mean, I get it. I'm a guy too, so of course I know how powerful our hormones can be in affecting our actions. But the moment you fully let your dick start making your decisions for you, especially leading you to bad, harmful, illegal decisions such as what Vic seems to have done constantly, then you've basically given up on your human intelligence and may as well just go live in a cave or something. It's sad.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

ssj4
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by ssj4 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:14 am

Vic denied greeting people like this and now....wow

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 pm

Vic’s YouTube not-lawyer posted a tweet teasing the affidavit of Stan Dahlin. I haven’t followed this case in awhile but it really looks like it’s over, why is this apparently so important to the Vic side when it seems like they’re losing so badly?

User avatar
Fionordequester
I Live Here
Posts: 2608
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:33 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Fionordequester » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:29 pm

Char Aznable wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:08 pm
Vic’s YouTube not-lawyer posted a tweet teasing the affidavit of Stan Dahlin. I haven’t followed this case in awhile but it really looks like it’s over, why is this apparently so important to the Vic side when it seems like they’re losing so badly?
Well, I've been on Twitter myself, and there definitely ARE people jumping ship, with one person outright saying "****. I feel real bad backing the wrong horse now".

OTHERS, however... Well...

https://twitter.com/Luke47134324/status ... 60256?s=20

https://twitter.com/Darkbunnyrabbit/sta ... 58848?s=20

I make it a rule to always assume the best in people. With interactions like these, I have absolutely no explanation, other than...

1) They refuse to actually read or see what's right in front of them.

2) They're driven entirely by their emotions, and how badly they want Vic to win...

3) They're deathly afraid of admitting they're wrong.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

User avatar
Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 176
Joined: Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:06 am
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm

Quite a few updates today thanks to Vic's full unredacted deposition releasing -- I don't know if I'll have time to go through everything, but I'll get through the most pressing (one including Chuck Huber, who I know some of us were concerned about):

-First and foremost, I don't recall if this was shared before, but regardless, Vic admits to not even reading his own lawsuit. Not a surprise.

-The context behind Vic's threesome attempt with the twins has been revealed -- apparently, he'd encountered them numerous times at conventions years before said attempt, when they just turned 20. In other words, he was grooming them under the impression they were "interested" in him. Ew.

-In 2013, Huber sent an email to Rial and Toye, which containined a statement from Vic claiming he's a sex addict. Vic states Huber considers himself a friend of the parties involved and thought this may've mended bridges between them and Vic. Rial and Toye weren't having it.

-Not sure if this is from the same source, but numerous affidavits surfaced involving what I believe are other witnesses/accusers. Someone may want to dig around or ask Greg. If I'm reading it right, they may involve people from his teaching days?

Bonus: Context behind Jamie Marchi's infamous "I want his balls" tweet.

User avatar
Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 8749
Joined: Fri Sep 28, 2007 1:38 am
Location: Arkansas
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:42 pm

Mr.Saturn99 wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:15 pm
-In 2013, Huber sent an email to Rial and Toye, which containined a statement from Vic claiming he's a sex addict. Vic states Huber considers himself a friend of the parties involved and thought this may've mended bridges between them and Vic. Rial and Toye weren't having it.
It's interesting that that was back in 2013, which makes me wonder where he falls on this whole debacle now. Is he still trying to mediate, or just trying to stay out of the whole mess now that it's ballooned to this degree at long last? Can't say I'd really blame him too much for the latter.
My Writing Endeavors - Twitter
"There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people. Psychopaths, and mystery writers. I'm the kind that pays better." - Richard Castle, 'Castle'

User avatar
Shaddy
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1119
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Shaddy » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 pm

Image

*giggles incessantly*

I really hope all the people who donated take a lesson from this. First, that when dozens of unrelated women complain about one dude's behavior in the exact same manner for over a decade, they're probably not lying, and second, that GoFundMe campaigns for lawsuits are a stupid thing to spend money on.
Mage of Blood yeets pizza wrote:Satanism is just Atheism wearing a funny hat
bjm knhhjnbguv cxkjmn bl,v wrote:Go yiff yourself

User avatar
Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:29 pm
Location: Location, Location
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Cursed Lemon » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:00 pm

Image
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

User avatar
Char Aznable
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 489
Joined: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:02 pm
Location: Connecticut
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Char Aznable » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:26 pm

Shaddy wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:44 pm
Image

*giggles incessantly*

I really hope all the people who donated take a lesson from this. First, that when dozens of unrelated women complain about one dude's behavior in the exact same manner for over a decade, they're probably not lying, and second, that GoFundMe campaigns for lawsuits are a stupid thing to spend money on.
I’m truly shocked they’re not going for the ‘no refunds’ approach. These people are stupid enough to donate their money to a guy already fully capable of affording his own legal team, would they even notice?

Post Reply