Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:03 pm

Huber must be developing memory problems if he believes that DBZ Kai was recorded in 2007. :lol:

Also, it's pretty clear that he's not a mediator of any kind between either sides. He's definitely on Lasagna's side.

I'm willing to believe he's making up stuff about voice actresses having sex with Sabat to get roles.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:07 pm

Jeez, Huber's an asshole. First his school, then his centrist approach and now implying that Sabat was unfaithful to his partner and basically extorted women? To say nothing of what this implies for every other actor they work with.

What a cunt.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:28 pm

So Huber just nuked his career, right?
Second, why would he do this? It just makes Vic look worse

ssj4
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj4 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:31 pm

Cursed Lemon wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:21 pm Someone explain to me how Chuck could've been recording DBZ Kai in 2007 when it wasn't released in Japan until 2009.

EDIT: Also...

This guy is clearly full of shit.
Didn't he mention earlier that he did hear rumours?

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm

ssj4 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:31 pmDidn't he mention earlier that he did hear rumours?
He did... And he also voiced his support for Jamie Marchie in Februrary 10, in regards to the hair pulling. He called her "strong and truthful".

...The guy's all over the place. He's like a revolving door; Inconsistent in everything he says and does. I don't know what his deal is.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:32 pm

According to a Vic defender, he pulled her hair 'playfully' and that makes it okay :crazy:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

gokaiblue
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by gokaiblue » Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:13 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:32 pm According to a Vic defender, he pulled her hair 'playfully' and that makes it okay :crazy:
I love how all these Vic stans suddenly became experts on abuse.
Looking for these rare items/information:

Any information or recordings pertaining to Dragon Ball Z's syndicated run on WAWB
Any information regarding the stations that carried the origin Dragon Ball in the USA
Dragon Box (any deals would be nice)
Shonen Jumps with Dragon Ball in them

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:06 pm

The fact that Vic is gone, and now Huber is accusing Sabat of casting couch shenanigans, really puts the future of the meta-series of Dragon Ball in the states in an awkward position. How can they continue to move forward voicing the series and games with all of these accusations and drama going on? Presumably #17 and Broli will continue to have pivotal roles, at least in video games, moving forward. Very, very strange.

I dunno, seems like a decent opportunity to clean house and start fresh with a new, more faithful dub of the series without 20-year holdover nonsense. Clearly things will keep changing from how they are now so they might as well recast with some people without skeletons in their closet.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Fionordequester
I Live Here

Post by Fionordequester » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:20 pm

Thanos wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:06 pm The fact that Vic is gone, and now Huber is accusing Sabat of casting couch shenanigans, really puts the future of the meta-series of Dragon Ball in the states in an awkward position. How can they continue to move forward voicing the series and games with all of these accusations and drama going on? Presumably #17 and Broli will continue to have pivotal roles, at least in video games, moving forward. Very, very strange.

I dunno, seems like a decent opportunity to clean house and start fresh with a new, more faithful dub of the series without 20-year holdover nonsense. Clearly things will keep changing from how they are now so they might as well recast with some people without skeletons in their closet.
...nah. The rumors are very vague, and stem from one man (a very, very self-contradictory man) with every reason to want Vic to come out looking good. No reason at all to yank out a team of 20+ year veterans by the roots.
Kataphrut wrote:It's a bit of a Boy Who Cried Wolf situation to me...Basically, the boy shouldn't have cried wolf when the wolves just wanted to Go See Yamcha. If not, they might have gotten some help when the wolves came back to Make the Donuts.
Chuquita wrote:I liken Gokû Black to "guy can't stand his job, so instead of quitting and finding a job he likes, he instead sets fire not only to his workplace so he doesn't have to work there, but tries setting fire to every store in the franchise of that company".

Mr.Saturn99
Beyond Newbie

Post by Mr.Saturn99 » Sun Sep 01, 2019 8:42 pm

A genuine accusation of FUNi's "sexually-charged" workplace culture may've honed in on credible statements regarding the supposed casting couch thing and not bad-faith victim-blaming bullshit like "b-b-but they dubbed Panty and Stocking!", but yeah, unless we get further corroboration I'm not about to put stock into it.
Fionordequester wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:46 pm
ssj4 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:31 pmDidn't he mention earlier that he did hear rumours?
He did... And he also voiced his support for Jamie Marchie in Februrary 10, in regards to the hair pulling. He called her "strong and truthful".

...The guy's all over the place. He's like a revolving door; Inconsistent in everything he says and does. I don't know what his deal is.
In his galaxy-brain mind, he thinks he's having it both ways. Doesn't work that way in court, let alone when you attempt to intimidate the defendants into taking back their accusations.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 4:32 pm According to a Vic defender, he pulled her hair 'playfully' and that makes it okay :crazy:
It's either that or how the screenshots from the deposition video were doctored. They're desperate and know they're going to lose, so gaslighting's their only weapon left.

PhoenixEX
Regular

Post by PhoenixEX » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:02 pm

After fully reading the affidavit I've decided to listen to what Huber has to say, but ultimately it does seem like he's just saying that they're rumors. However, the minute at least one victim does come forward and says that there is truth to any of those "casting couch" rumors, that's the minute that I'll be done with Sabat and whoever else may or may not be named. Always believe the victims.
One World. 🌐 🕊

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:28 pm

For me, how exactly the casting couch thing comes up again is going to play a major part in how much I'll believe it. If we suddenly have a bunch of people from FUNi saying it's true, especially if those people are also people who say Vic's guilty as well, then I'm definitely going to have some misgiving and start to get really worried that it might be true. But if it only comes up from people who are decidedly pro-Vic and using it to try to defend him, much like how Huber has here? I'd still continue to put absolutely zero stock in it at that point.

Because for right now, I'm not believing it. Voice acting, especially non-union anime voice-over, pays peanuts, and I can't imagine anyone actually wanting a role in a show like that badly enough to go that far. That and, again, such rumors have never been heard of before now that I'm aware of, whereas the rumors on Vic date back well over a decade. One is much easier to switch to believing than the other.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:33 pm

sailorspazz wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 2:18 pm
Kokonoe wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 10:58 am Can someone explain to me what this "Jelly Bean" thing I keep hearing about is?
Going to summarize since searching for it leads to a bunch of ISVW vidoes that I'm absolutely not going to click on, but one time when Vic and Monica were at a con, Monica signed a jellybean, then Vic put it in his mouth and made a joke about "eating Monica". This was years after the hotel incident, but Monica still found it creepy and mentioned it when Funimation was investigating the sexual harassment claims against him.

So now, the stans have jumped on this as the reason Vic was fired, all because of this one joke. Because in their minds, every other account and affidavit has been debunked, so it comes down to him being terminated for a joke (I haven't looked to see if there's video of this incident; maybe that's why they believe it's the only thing that can be proven?). And now they want other Funimation actors to also be fired for inappropriate jokes, which is why those outtakes were leaked. Because they're all butthurt that Vic's case is going to be thrown out, so they just want to take shots at anyone they can.
Thanks for this.

Yeah this sounds about what I'd expect from this crowd.

Kokonoe
Not Banned

Post by Kokonoe » Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:57 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:28 pm For me, how exactly the casting couch thing comes up again is going to play a major part in how much I'll believe it. If we suddenly have a bunch of people from FUNi saying it's true, especially if those people are also people who say Vic's guilty as well, then I'm definitely going to have some misgiving and start to get really worried that it might be true. But if it only comes up from people who are decidedly pro-Vic and using it to try to defend him, much like how Huber has here? I'd still continue to put absolutely zero stock in it at that point.

Because for right now, I'm not believing it. Voice acting, especially non-union anime voice-over, pays peanuts, and I can't imagine anyone actually wanting a role in a show like that badly enough to go that far. That and, again, such rumors have never been heard of before now that I'm aware of, whereas the rumors on Vic date back well over a decade. One is much easier to switch to believing than the other.
From someone I know that has ears around stuff, this is what they have to say when I asked about this.
So I "think" what happened.
Is it started from a rumor that spawned off the Panty & Stocking shoot.
FUNimation and crew did a tongue and cheek shoot for the show.
And I think the rumors internally spiraled out of control.
So IMO just seems like Huber being Huber.

8000 Saiyan
I Live Here

Post by 8000 Saiyan » Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 am

The theory that Mignogna was fired because of him being Christian makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, I'm sure that the majority of the Funimation talent pool are Christians like Mignogna, Huber, Caitlin Glass and Duncan Brannan. Actresses like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Emily Neves and Brittney Karbowski have ancestry from predominantly Catholic countries.
"It was deemed to be too awesome." - Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 am

8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 am The theory that Mignogna was fired because of him being Christian makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, I'm sure that the majority of the Funimation talent pool are Christians like Mignogna, Huber, Caitlin Glass and Duncan Brannan. Actresses like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Emily Neves and Brittney Karbowski have ancestry from predominantly Catholic countries.
To the holier-than-thou Evangelicals, those people don't count as 'real Christians'.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:37 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 5:59 am
8000 Saiyan wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:48 am The theory that Mignogna was fired because of him being Christian makes no sense whatsoever. I mean, I'm sure that the majority of the Funimation talent pool are Christians like Mignogna, Huber, Caitlin Glass and Duncan Brannan. Actresses like Monica Rial, Jamie Marchi, Emily Neves and Brittney Karbowski have ancestry from predominantly Catholic countries.
To the holier-than-thou Evangelicals, those people don't count as 'real Christians'.
Related: https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/ ... ueScotsman

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:44 am

Gyt Kaliba wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 9:28 pm For me, how exactly the casting couch thing comes up again is going to play a major part in how much I'll believe it. If we suddenly have a bunch of people from FUNi saying it's true, especially if those people are also people who say Vic's guilty as well, then I'm definitely going to have some misgiving and start to get really worried that it might be true. But if it only comes up from people who are decidedly pro-Vic and using it to try to defend him, much like how Huber has here? I'd still continue to put absolutely zero stock in it at that point.

Yeah, I'm not buying the casting couch allegations unless more evidence comes forward like Sabat's wife divorcing him.

While I am confident this will all blow over I don't envy Funimation right now, it can't be easy to deal with all the controversy thats been popping up this last year within the fandom of their biggest property.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Sep 02, 2019 7:50 am

For the time being, this casting couch thing just doesn’t add up. It doesn’t help that Chuck Huber not only couldn’t even get the date right, but he’s already contradicted himself in his affidavit.

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:48 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 6:44 am While I am confident this will all blow over I don't envy Funimation right now, it can't be easy to deal with all the controversy thats been popping up this last year within the fandom of their biggest property.
Oh yeah, that's for sure. This should have been a pretty great year for FUNimation, between it being one of their anniversaries and tons of big new releases coming out from them, but this whole shenanigan has certainly made this year one hell of a headache for them, I'm sure.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)