Vic Mignogna

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
SuperSaiyaManZ94
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1932
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2019 9:01 pm
Location: Alabama, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by SuperSaiyaManZ94 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:08 pm

samuraix123 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:00 pm
I don't care if I get banned for saying this because this is the truth. This thread is the worst thread on this site and is a stain on this community. I'm saying this because there are no REAL discussions going on here. It's just hurling insults back and forth at one another. I'm not saying i'm taking anyone's sides either but I care about Kanzenshuu and it's community. That's why it's the only Anime forum that I belong too! And I hate seeing the community rip itself apart the way you all have. I've suffered from Depression for 6 years of my life now and I used to love coming to the forum to escape from things, not so much anymore because this topic sticks out like a sore thumb. Say what you want about me and my opinion on this subject. But I care about the community and wanted to say this and if that gets me banned for saying it then so be it. Let this stupid hick teach you people a little lesson. The worser you stir in shit the worser it stinks. Stop fighting with one another because ya'll aren't going to agree with one another anyways? Let this topic die for God's sake.
I realize that after the last page or so this thread has constantly derailed and spiraled out of control on irrelevant tangents and other things way too many times, especially when everything about Vic has already been outed at length since first being revealed just over a year ago and been dealt with in the legal process. I am thus as of now going to stop posting in here as well because there really isn't anything more left to say of any real substance on the original subject.
Last edited by SuperSaiyaManZ94 on Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
DB collection related goals as of now:

1.) Find decent priced copy of Dragon Box Z Vol. 4 (Done)

2.) Collect rest of manga

3.) Get rest of Daizenshuu (2-7)

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14070
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm

The bad stuff going on in the US has been going on for ages. As much I hate Trump as the next guy, you can trace back all of this awfulness from the Bush Jr days or even the Reagan days. Bush's bad foreign polices got us into this mess and ICE was even created when he was in office. The 2010s didn't have anything as awful as 9/11 and Iraq War happen in the US if you ask me. With Trump, at least people are trying to fight against his bullshit while everyone was like "Meh whatever" when Bush was around. Probably because social media has helped give people a louder voice and more exposure to how bad things are.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
Planetnamek
Regular
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:18 pm

SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:19 am
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:03 am
SuperSaiyaManZ94 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:01 am
So basically you're saying with our border policy we're close to becoming like how Germany was under Hitler in the '30s/'40s both prior and during WWII? I'm sorry but i just don't agree with that, and giving a long winded explanation as to why why would just derail this thread even more than it already has.
You can bury your head in the sand all you want, won't magically make it any less true, plenty of historians FAR smarter then you and I have said so and i'm inclined to listen them moreso then some random joe on the internet:https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics ... -historian
https://www.commondreams.org/views/2019 ... etoric-and

You aren't giving an explanation because you don't really have a good one.
I am not burying me head in the sand on this, and on another note i seriously don't see how in any way that the detainment facilities on the southern border can even remotely be compared to the Nazi concentration/death camps. Do you see the illegal immigrants there being forced to continuously labor until they die? No. Nor are they being systematically executed in gruesome ways (gassing, firing squads.etc) the way that those imprisoned at Auschwitz.etc were during the Holocaust, and really i'm not sure where those people like those in the above articles come to the idea that we've become like Nazi Germany due to this. We aren't a fascist dictatorship bent on conquering the world like they were which lead to the war, and these facilities don't automatically equate us to them. You think i haven't got an explanation, well i've read up on the history of the Holocaust more times than i can count so i'm not someone who's blindly ignorant to the subject and in reading between the lines again i just cannot see how what we're doing on the border to combat this issue even compares to the unspeakable acts of evil that Hitler and the Nazis perpetrated on an entire race of people.
Then you clearly aren't paying attention very much at all, I suppose it's easy for white folks like you to overlook the plight of non-whites.

You're just splitting hairs at this point, i'm guessing you didn't bother reading any of those links at all, because they address every single one of your frankly weak arguments.

We kind of are headed towards fascism at this point yes, you know what they say, those who don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it:https://www.thenation.com/article/polit ... -dictator/

Hellspawn28 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:11 pm
The bad stuff going on in the US has been going on for ages. As much I hate Trump as the next guy, you can trace back all of this awfulness from the Bush Jr days or even the Reagan days. Bush's bad foreign polices got us into this mess and ICE was even created when he was in office. The 2010s didn't have anything as awful as 9/11 and Iraq War happen in the US if you ask me. With Trump, at least people are trying to fight against his bullshit while everyone was like "Meh whatever" when Bush was around. Probably because social media has helped give people a louder voice and more exposure to how bad things are.
True but at least Bush and Reagan for all their faults were never this insane and deranged and once in a while passed actual good legislation, Drumpf is on a whole nother level. But you are correct that the GOP is largely responsible for him getting elected in the first place as they've been enabling this garbage for far too long, and they are only now backtracking and actually trying to help people because they've been told by experts that the virus is going to be most deadly for Trump's own base so they have no choice but to act now.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6135
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:48 am

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:38 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:02 pm
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:28 am
Ajay wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:04 am


This is still an astonishingly fucked up statement, and just gives this forum a bad name.
It's really so bad to wish he was stuck at home for a month or two?
No, it’s bad to wish somebody to get a currently widespread disease that’s pretty serious right now. It’s just really in poor taste man.
Well fine then, I'll amend it to say that I wish he is forced to stay indoors due to the quarantine without actually being infected.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 pm

Bush lied us into offensive wars that have killed a minimum of 200,000 civilians. He never once instituted good legislature to help people. Reagan and Bush might smile and act like good ol' boys but you can still be evil because of your actions.

Anyway, Vic Mignogna sucks.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

GhostEmperorX
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:54 pm

You all should leave these controversial discussions to those who actually know how to discuss it in a more intelligent manner or even have a proper idea of just what it is they’re talking about, and probably leave this forum out of it as well. Or just take the idealism warfare somewhere else.
In other words, this thread has overstepped its boundaries and should probably be closed anyway. It just keeps derailing into things that have nothing to do with either DB or this forum.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Regular
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

GhostEmperorX wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:54 pm
You all should leave these controversial discussions to those who actually know how to discuss it in a more intelligent manner or even have a proper idea of just what it is they’re talking about, and probably leave this forum out of it as well. Or just take the idealism warfare somewhere else.
In other words, this thread has overstepped its boundaries and should probably be closed anyway. It just keeps derailing into things that have nothing to do with either DB or this forum.
Don't act like a mod and don't tell people not to talk about serious situations that could impact all of us, many people will die from this virus because of cadet bonespurs incompetence, there's ample evidence he knew months ago this was going to be bad yet he did nothing until it became clear his own base would be impacted the most.

It's not "idealism warfare" to point out the blindingly obvious :roll:
JulieYBM wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:41 pm
Bush lied us into offensive wars that have killed a minimum of 200,000 civilians. He never once instituted good legislature to help people. Reagan and Bush might smile and act like good ol' boys but you can still be evil because of your actions.

Anyway, Vic Mignogna sucks.
I don't like Bush either, but from what i've read it was mostly Chaney, Rumsfeld and Rove that got us into Iraq in the first place.

He did pass the Prison Rape Elimination Act.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 am
Damn right I fucking did because they are goddamn concentration camps, actual WW2 historians have fucking said so, so don't you fucking dare try and downplay the atrocities committed by agent orange:https://psmag.com/ideas/yes-trumps-dete ... tion-camps :evil:
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ies-trump/

You think they went straight to gassing people overnight in Germany? No, that shit built up gradually over time and we're on track to becoming them.

Easy for white people like you to downplay Trump's actions. :roll:

You're the one that needs a "grip on reality", i'm guessing you failed history class.

Only 17 people died so that somehow makes it A-OK? you make me sick :evil:
That second link was invalidated the moment the dude said "they're concentration camps because in my book, that's what detaining people without a trial is," wholly ignoring the different context of the prisoners and the actual severity of what was going on during WWII in those camps. No amount of "we have a few thousand people being detained for trying to illegally enter our country," is remotely comparable to "we're hunting down and imprisoning an entire race with the sole goal of exterminating them from history." For an "expert" on WWII, it's pretty laughable that he sees detaining illegal border hoppers as comparable to systemically trying to eradicate an entire race.

No, we're not remotely "on track" to trying to gas all Mexicans. Anyone who is trying to tell you that has some serious love for the slippery slope fallacy. The detainment camps aren't there to help eradicate the Mexican population like actual Nazi concentration camps, they're a failing effort to try and solve the problem of illegal immigration that's only been getting worse over the years, not better.

No, "only 17 people died," doesn't make it ok, but the relatively tiny number makes it absolutely incomparable to what was going on during the war. Millions of Jews were murdered, not just a handful died because of inadequate treatment, but straight up murder of MILLIONS of people.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:41 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 am
Damn right I fucking did because they are goddamn concentration camps, actual WW2 historians have fucking said so, so don't you fucking dare try and downplay the atrocities committed by agent orange:https://psmag.com/ideas/yes-trumps-dete ... tion-camps :evil:
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ies-trump/

You think they went straight to gassing people overnight in Germany? No, that shit built up gradually over time and we're on track to becoming them.

Easy for white people like you to downplay Trump's actions. :roll:

You're the one that needs a "grip on reality", i'm guessing you failed history class.

Only 17 people died so that somehow makes it A-OK? you make me sick :evil:
That second link was invalidated the moment the dude said "they're concentration camps because in my book, that's what detaining people without a trial is," wholly ignoring the different context of the prisoners and the actual severity of what was going on during WWII in those camps. No amount of "we have a few thousand people being detained for trying to illegally enter our country," is remotely comparable to "we're hunting down and imprisoning an entire race with the sole goal of exterminating them from history." For an "expert" on WWII, it's pretty laughable that he sees detaining illegal border hoppers as comparable to systemically trying to eradicate an entire race.

No, we're not remotely "on track" to trying to gas all Mexicans. Anyone who is trying to tell you that has some serious love for the slippery slope fallacy. The detainment camps aren't there to help eradicate the Mexican population like actual Nazi concentration camps, they're a failing effort to try and solve the problem of illegal immigration that's only been getting worse over the years, not better.

No, "only 17 people died," doesn't make it ok, but the relatively tiny number makes it absolutely incomparable to what was going on during the war. Millions of Jews were murdered, not just a handful died because of inadequate treatment, but straight up murder of MILLIONS of people.
This is why we're sounding the bells early, to draw attention to these growing similarities, because the truth of the matter is that is how you stop things from escalating.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

GhostEmperorX
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:55 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Don't act like a mod and don't tell people not to talk about serious situations that could impact all of us, many people will die from this virus because of cadet bonespurs incompetence, there's ample evidence he knew months ago this was going to be bad yet he did nothing until it became clear his own base would be impacted the most.

It's not "idealism warfare" to point out the blindingly obvious :roll:
Disregarding everything else, is this really the place to be discussing that though? There's other places it can be talked about, this is all just off-topic in general. It's fine to drop tidbits here and there relating to said things as they affect several (preferably related) affairs as was the original intention here but when it goes way off the rails like this one into stuff that doesn't have a thing to do with, well, the subject matter of the forum, then it becomes a problem. Discussion of it is fine but it's not like anything will come of it in the end here if it spirals out of control (and for that matter, even if it doesn't but that's slightly different). Though one could say I could have just not clicked on this thread in general, which is also true.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Regular
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:38 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:52 am
Damn right I fucking did because they are goddamn concentration camps, actual WW2 historians have fucking said so, so don't you fucking dare try and downplay the atrocities committed by agent orange:https://psmag.com/ideas/yes-trumps-dete ... tion-camps :evil:
https://www.esquire.com/news-politics/a ... ies-trump/

You think they went straight to gassing people overnight in Germany? No, that shit built up gradually over time and we're on track to becoming them.

Easy for white people like you to downplay Trump's actions. :roll:

You're the one that needs a "grip on reality", i'm guessing you failed history class.

Only 17 people died so that somehow makes it A-OK? you make me sick :evil:
That second link was invalidated the moment the dude said "they're concentration camps because in my book, that's what detaining people without a trial is," wholly ignoring the different context of the prisoners and the actual severity of what was going on during WWII in those camps. No amount of "we have a few thousand people being detained for trying to illegally enter our country," is remotely comparable to "we're hunting down and imprisoning an entire race with the sole goal of exterminating them from history." For an "expert" on WWII, it's pretty laughable that he sees detaining illegal border hoppers as comparable to systemically trying to eradicate an entire race.

No, we're not remotely "on track" to trying to gas all Mexicans. Anyone who is trying to tell you that has some serious love for the slippery slope fallacy. The detainment camps aren't there to help eradicate the Mexican population like actual Nazi concentration camps, they're a failing effort to try and solve the problem of illegal immigration that's only been getting worse over the years, not better.

No, "only 17 people died," doesn't make it ok, but the relatively tiny number makes it absolutely incomparable to what was going on during the war. Millions of Jews were murdered, not just a handful died because of inadequate treatment, but straight up murder of MILLIONS of people.
Bullshit, it's not "invalidated" at all just cause you, some random guy on the internet says so :roll:

So you're saying you support ICE rounding up immigrants for no reason? OK then, thanks for letting me know in advance that you are completely full of shit and absolutely nothing you say is worth listening to at all :evil:

We will be "on track" if agent orange wins another 4 years.

It's laughable that some random troll like you thinks they know more then a real expert does, i'm guessing you dropped out of high school :lol:

They might as well be an attempt to eradicate the population, and it's not just "inadequate treatment", some of them were straight up murdered.

You are one sick individual for trying to defend this garbage, do us all a favor and never try to speak on issues like these ever again, because it's painfully obvious you are WAY the fuck out of your depth and have no goddamn clue what you are talking about.

You obsessively focusing on numbers and not everything else shows how ignorant you are on this.

Julie is absolutely right, people were warned about what Germany was doing before the concentration camps started, but governments didn't take it seriously and brushed off concerns, even the U.S. ignored concerns until many years later. You don't seem to grasp that this kind of thing happens slowly over time, millions of people weren't gassed to death immediately when WW2 began, that took years to happen.

Also spare me the holier then thou sermonizing about "illegal" border hoppers, many of them are fleeing their country because of the violence there and just want sanctuary and that is perfectly legal.

You know i'm starting to get the feeling that you are in fact a racist bigot. :sick:

I'm done listening to anything you say and i'm not going to sugarcoat my responses to you anymore, with everything going on right now I have no patience for willfull ignorance on serious issues that affect marginalized people. You've "invalidated" every single thing you've ever said on here with that last post as far i'm concerned.
GhostEmperorX wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:55 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Don't act like a mod and don't tell people not to talk about serious situations that could impact all of us, many people will die from this virus because of cadet bonespurs incompetence, there's ample evidence he knew months ago this was going to be bad yet he did nothing until it became clear his own base would be impacted the most.

It's not "idealism warfare" to point out the blindingly obvious :roll:
Disregarding everything else, is this really the place to be discussing that though? There's other places it can be talked about, this is all just off-topic in general. It's fine to drop tidbits here and there relating to said things as they affect several (preferably related) affairs as was the original intention here but when it goes way off the rails like this one into stuff that doesn't have a thing to do with, well, the subject matter of the forum, then it becomes a problem. Discussion of it is fine but it's not like anything will come of it in the end here if it spirals out of control (and for that matter, even if it doesn't but that's slightly different). Though one could say I could have just not clicked on this thread in general, which is also true.
This thread has gone off on tangents about other serious issues multiple times, so I think it's fair game, and besides with everything going on right now with the virus it's damn near impossible to avoid talking politics at least at some points.
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 211
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:24 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm

Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm
This was happening long before Trump was in office. Just saying.
No it wasn't:https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ilies-was/

That's a bullshit myth perpetuated by alt-right douchebags.
I somehow missed this, but that's not what he was referring to... The US has been detaining illegal immigrants at the border since at least Carter in the '70s and the detention centers at the border have been there in some capacity since Clinton first put some there in '96. A lot of people have died at those detention centers or in attempts to cross the border in general since the 70s, it's not a new thing under Trump.

Now, is Trump incompetent piece of shit? No doubt, but his character or whether he's a good person has no bearing on the reality of history.
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Bullshit, it's not "invalidated" at all just cause you, some random guy on the internet says so :roll:

So you're saying you support ICE rounding up immigrants for no reason? OK then, thanks for letting me know in advance that you are completely full of shit and absolutely nothing you say is worth listening to at all :evil:

We will be "on track" if agent orange wins another 4 years.

It's laughable that some random troll like you thinks they know more then a real expert does, i'm guessing you dropped out of high school :lol:

They might as well be an attempt to eradicate the population, and it's not just "inadequate treatment", some of them were straight up murdered.

You are one sick individual for trying to defend this garbage, do us all a favor and never try to speak on issues like these ever again, because it's painfully obvious you are WAY the fuck out of your depth and have no goddamn clue what you are talking about.

You obsessively focusing on numbers and not everything else shows how ignorant you are on this.

Also spare me the holier then thou sermonizing about "illegal" border hoppers, many of them are fleeing their country because of the violence there and just want sanctuary and that is perfectly legal.

You know i'm starting to get the feeling that you are in fact a racist bigot. :sick:
And it doesn't automatically make it true because one guy, whose political agenda you don't know, claims that in HIS OPINION, they're concentration camps, not because we're rounding up every Mexican we can come across, working them to the point of death, but because they're being detained for a crime and not being prosecuted yet.

There you go with your slippery slope again. Enforcing US border control is in no way ever going to lead to trying to invade and exterminate another country. Beyond the fact that the US population absolutely would not stand for something like that, the UN and other NATO countries sure as shit wouldn't stand by and let it happen either.

Whether you like it or not, the numbers are important. It's what separates actual Nazis and attempts at genocide from your garden variety hate crime or murder spree.

Seeking asylum requires going through the proper legal channels in literally every first world nation in the world. No one just lets whoever wants to cross the border do so willy nilly. It hasn't worked like that since national borders became a thing and landowners could enforce their territorial claim. Whether you like it or not, trying to cross any country's borders illegally is a crime and should absolutely result in either detainment or deportation. No one has any entitlement or right to just pick up and live where ever the hell they choose to without first seeking permission from the land owners, be that a home owner or a country's government.
JulieYBM wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:41 pm
This is why we're sounding the bells early, to draw attention to these growing similarities, because the truth of the matter is that is how you stop things from escalating.
I do agree that we should take more steps towards improving conditions in said centers and stem any avoidable deaths (though, in all honesty, prison conditions around the country need drastic improvement, not just the border detention centers), but so long as tens of thousands of immigrants want to keep trying got cross the border illegally every year, I exactly can't condone just taking them down entirely and giving up on strict border control. The American people are never going to let it get to the point where we're literally gassing and cooking our detainees, or invading other countries in an attempt to capture and eradicate every Mexican.

That said, some people here seem to like losing their shit every time anything remotely contrary to their rather extremist world view gets brought up. "It's either, disbelieve everything you've ever heard, learned, or read that disagrees with something I read or someone I agree with said, or shut the fuck up, you racist bigot."
GhostEmperorX wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:55 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Don't act like a mod and don't tell people not to talk about serious situations that could impact all of us, many people will die from this virus because of cadet bonespurs incompetence, there's ample evidence he knew months ago this was going to be bad yet he did nothing until it became clear his own base would be impacted the most.

It's not "idealism warfare" to point out the blindingly obvious :roll:
Disregarding everything else, is this really the place to be discussing that though? There's other places it can be talked about, this is all just off-topic in general. It's fine to drop tidbits here and there relating to said things as they affect several (preferably related) affairs as was the original intention here but when it goes way off the rails like this one into stuff that doesn't have a thing to do with, well, the subject matter of the forum, then it becomes a problem. Discussion of it is fine but it's not like anything will come of it in the end here if it spirals out of control (and for that matter, even if it doesn't but that's slightly different). Though one could say I could have just not clicked on this thread in general, which is also true.
To be fair, Vegetto did tell us to cut it with the off topic arguments, so I guess I'll be cutting this off here.

User avatar
Planetnamek
Regular
Posts: 718
Joined: Sun Feb 09, 2020 3:54 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by Planetnamek » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:37 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:06 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm
This was happening long before Trump was in office. Just saying.
No it wasn't:https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... ilies-was/

That's a bullshit myth perpetuated by alt-right douchebags.
I somehow missed this, but that's not what he was referring to... The US has been detaining illegal immigrants at the border since at least Carter in the '70s and the detention centers at the border have been there in some capacity since Clinton first put some there in '96. A lot of people have died at those detention centers or in attempts to cross the border in general since the 70s, it's not a new thing under Trump.

Now, is Trump incompetent piece of shit? No doubt, but his character or whether he's a good person has no bearing on the reality of history.
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
Bullshit, it's not "invalidated" at all just cause you, some random guy on the internet says so :roll:

So you're saying you support ICE rounding up immigrants for no reason? OK then, thanks for letting me know in advance that you are completely full of shit and absolutely nothing you say is worth listening to at all :evil:

We will be "on track" if agent orange wins another 4 years.

It's laughable that some random troll like you thinks they know more then a real expert does, i'm guessing you dropped out of high school :lol:

They might as well be an attempt to eradicate the population, and it's not just "inadequate treatment", some of them were straight up murdered.

You are one sick individual for trying to defend this garbage, do us all a favor and never try to speak on issues like these ever again, because it's painfully obvious you are WAY the fuck out of your depth and have no goddamn clue what you are talking about.

You obsessively focusing on numbers and not everything else shows how ignorant you are on this.

Also spare me the holier then thou sermonizing about "illegal" border hoppers, many of them are fleeing their country because of the violence there and just want sanctuary and that is perfectly legal.

You know i'm starting to get the feeling that you are in fact a racist bigot. :sick:
And it doesn't automatically make it true because one guy, whose political agenda you don't know, claims that in HIS OPINION, they're concentration camps, not because we're rounding up every Mexican we can come across, working them to the point of death, but because they're being detained for a crime and not being prosecuted yet.

There you go with your slippery slope again. Enforcing US border control is in no way ever going to lead to trying to invade and exterminate another country. Beyond the fact that the US population absolutely would not stand for something like that, the UN and other NATO countries sure as shit wouldn't stand by and let it happen either.

Whether you like it or not, the numbers are important. It's what separates actual Nazis and attempts at genocide from your garden variety hate crime or murder spree.

Seeking asylum requires going through the proper legal channels in literally every first world nation in the world. No one just lets whoever wants to cross the border do so willy nilly. It hasn't worked like that since national borders became a thing and landowners could enforce their territorial claim. Whether you like it or not, trying to cross any country's borders illegally is a crime and should absolutely result in either detainment or deportation. No one has any entitlement or right to just pick up and live where ever the hell they choose to without first seeking permission from the land owners, be that a home owner or a country's government.
JulieYBM wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:41 pm
This is why we're sounding the bells early, to draw attention to these growing similarities, because the truth of the matter is that is how you stop things from escalating.
I do agree that we should take more steps towards improving conditions in said centers and stem any avoidable deaths (though, in all honesty, prison conditions around the country need drastic improvement, not just the border detention centers), but so long as tens of thousands of immigrants want to keep trying got cross the border illegally every year, I exactly can't condone just taking them down entirely and giving up on strict border control. The American people are never going to let it get to the point where we're literally gassing and cooking our detainees, or invading other countries in an attempt to capture and eradicate every Mexican.

That said, some people here seem to like losing their shit every time anything remotely contrary to their rather extremist world view gets brought up. "It's either, disbelieve everything you've ever heard, learned, or read that disagrees with something I read or someone I agree with said, or shut the fuck up, you racist bigot."
GhostEmperorX wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:55 pm
Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 1:27 pm

Don't act like a mod and don't tell people not to talk about serious situations that could impact all of us, many people will die from this virus because of cadet bonespurs incompetence, there's ample evidence he knew months ago this was going to be bad yet he did nothing until it became clear his own base would be impacted the most.

It's not "idealism warfare" to point out the blindingly obvious :roll:
Disregarding everything else, is this really the place to be discussing that though? There's other places it can be talked about, this is all just off-topic in general. It's fine to drop tidbits here and there relating to said things as they affect several (preferably related) affairs as was the original intention here but when it goes way off the rails like this one into stuff that doesn't have a thing to do with, well, the subject matter of the forum, then it becomes a problem. Discussion of it is fine but it's not like anything will come of it in the end here if it spirals out of control (and for that matter, even if it doesn't but that's slightly different). Though one could say I could have just not clicked on this thread in general, which is also true.
To be fair, Vegetto did tell us to cut it with the off topic arguments, so I guess I'll be cutting this off here.
The Concentration camps with people dying are a new thing, stop trying to defend agent orange.

It does have a bearing on history, i'd love to hear you try and say that with a straight face to minorities who are actually being affected by his policies, but of course you're not the one targeted so it's easy for you not to give a shit I suppose.

It's not just "one guy" troll, it's several people, but i'm sure you'll just ignore them because they don't align with your precious little narrative.

https://www.thenation.com/article/archi ... ion-camps/
https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archi ... es/593239/
https://therealnews.com/stories/trumps- ... r-children
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 82186.html


Stop obsessively focusing on border crossing just because Faux News keeps on promoting xenophobia, those people are not doing anything wrong, hell many of them actually contribute to the economy by paying taxes, so spare me the fear-mongering right-wing bullshit xenophobia. :roll: We don't not NEED "strict border control" just because nazi bigots say so.

After the "people" voted for someone that started their campaign by demonizing immigrants as rapists I have no faith in them not allowing things to get that bad if Drumpf gets another four years somehow.

Disagreeing is one thing, dismissing the fascist bullshit that ICE(a horrible organization that only exists in the first place because of post 9/11 xenophobia BTW, for me and countless other people with actual brains they can't get disbanded soon enough) is doing does very much make you come across as a bigot.

The whole "proper channels" thing is a fucking myth that right-wing morons perpetuate, it's actually not true at all:https://www.americanimmigrationcouncil. ... t-get-line

No it isn't a fucking crime and no they should not be "Detained" in fucking concentration camps just for that, man you are really outing yourself as quite possibly one of the worst users on this site right now :evil: It's not "entitlement" to want to seek a better life, real easy for white people like you with all your privileges to look down upon others. :roll:

Sounds like you're the only one "losing your shit" because you refuse to admit that it's possible that you could somehow possibly be wrong about anything ever, dismissing actual experts just makes
you look ignorant and foolish, how do you expect anyone to take anything you say seriously?

There is no "slippery slope" here troll, just you burying your head in the sand and refusing to accept reality. Also spare me the "political agenda" bullshit argument, i'm dealing in fucking facts here, something you seem to know nothing about. I never said a damn thing about "invading" fool.

We have plenty of actual nazis in the U.S. right now, like that guy who killed all those black people in that church a few years ago. This notion that the only nazis were the ones in Germany during WW2 is blatantly false, i'd love for someone like Michael Harriot to educate someone as ignorant as you in basic facts and common sense(let me guess, you're one of those people that don't think racism exists anymore right?)

You are a terrible human being who I have no sympathy for, that's my final word on this tangent. :thumbdown:
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I Live Here
Posts: 2141
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:58 pm

America should be a lot better than how we treat our people but our government's power is way to divided to turn into Nazi Germany mode.

Any president that tried to do this would be removed from power and one thing about our citizens is if it was discovered that the government was acting in this way we would rebel and riot.

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13689
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:06 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 6:58 pm
America should be a lot better than how we treat our people but our government's power is way to divided to turn into Nazi Germany mode.

Any president that tried to do this would be removed from power and one thing about our citizens is if it was discovered that the government was acting in this way we would rebel and riot.
https://twitter.com/black_mixed/status/1230479770871312384 wrote:There are 1.7 million black men under some form of correctional control today, about twice the 870,000 black men who were enslaved in 1850.

Slavery wasn’t abolished, just redesigned.
Casualties of the Iraq War

10 Reprehensible Crimes Of Ronald Reagan

Civilian casualties from U.S. drone strikes

Fascists learned from the mistakes of the Nazis and became stronger for it.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF

User avatar
jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6466
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:15 pm
Location: Georgia (I wish I was in New York)

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by jjgp1112 » Sat Mar 21, 2020 10:33 pm

Y'all really can't help yourselves, huh?

I don't really see what purpose this thread serves anymore. This place doesn't have an off-topic forum for a reason and all this thread is good for is people incoherently flying off the handle about politics now and I've seen planetnamek drag conflicts here into other threads where they were irrelevant at least once.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World
"They say assholes grow on trees/But I'm just here to trim the leaves"
"If a girl is over 35 and not married, then she must be nuttier than squirrel shit." - Reverend Pastor Father Uncle Ruckus (no relation)

GhostEmperorX
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 205
Joined: Sun Jan 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by GhostEmperorX » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:46 am

Planetnamek wrote:
Sat Mar 21, 2020 4:17 pm
This thread has gone off on tangents about other serious issues multiple times, so I think it's fair game
Doesn’t exactly make for much of a justification for any of this clowning around going on here, now does it?
and besides with everything going on right now with the virus it's damn near impossible to avoid talking politics at least at some points.
That’s only if you have no place else to go, which really shouldn’t be the case. And again, what’s going to come of it anyway? Just a bunch of loaded charges back and forth that serve little purpose other than further contamination.

User avatar
VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator
Posts: 16663
Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2004 3:10 pm
Location: New Jersey
Contact:

Re: Vic Mignogna

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:56 am

We stated that the thread would remain open while there was still valid conversation to be had related specifically to Dragon Ball throughout ongoing events like the home release of the 2018 film, convention cancellations, and a formal replacement voice actor selection for Dragon Ball FighterZ and beyond.

This have come to pass, and the results have been noted and discussed in full. The thread will now be locked for these and other obvious reasons. Additional account strikes will continue to be issued as we review the latest pages, and account bans will occur as appropriate. All would do well to review our community guidelines, which you agreed to (twice) prior to registration.

If and when additional conversation is necessary related to this individual and Dragon Ball, posts (be it in this thread or a new one) will of course be allowed once more.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Locked