Brice Armstrong (Captain Ginyu, Lord Slug) passed away

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Witty User Name
Banned

Re: Brice Armstrong (Captain Ginyu, Lord Slug) passed away

Post by Witty User Name » Fri Jan 24, 2020 11:12 am

Mad Swami wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:34 pm Much respect to the guy but, I am not sad. He was 84 and lived a full life. I am happy for him and the work he's done. I don't think we should be mourning per say because this isn't like someone being ripped of life. Much love to the guy happy to enjoy all of his work
I agree with this sentiment.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:16 pm

#LongLiveBriceArmstrong (#LLBA)
Caulifla best girl! :)

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54 am

Eh. 84 is old, but not so old that he couldn't have had a few more good years left. I'd be more inclined to agree with that sentiment if he was in his 90s. 84 isn't heartbreakingly young obviously, but it does make me think "That's a bummer. It would have been entirely possible to get in five (or more) years of life worth living."
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:37 am

Dr. Casey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54 am Eh. 84 is old, but not so old that he couldn't have had a few more good years left. I'd be more inclined to agree with that sentiment if he was in his 90s. 84 isn't heartbreakingly young obviously, but it does make me think "That's a bummer. It would have been entirely possible to get in five (or more) years of life worth living."
I mean five years maybe sure but it's not like he had much more to do. Not saying i'm happy he's gone just, he's probably done anything he wanted and didn't need more time per say. Also curious does anyone know how he died?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:38 am

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:37 am Also curious does anyone know how he died?
Natural causes.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 am

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:37 am
Dr. Casey wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:54 am Eh. 84 is old, but not so old that he couldn't have had a few more good years left. I'd be more inclined to agree with that sentiment if he was in his 90s. 84 isn't heartbreakingly young obviously, but it does make me think "That's a bummer. It would have been entirely possible to get in five (or more) years of life worth living."
I mean five years maybe sure but it's not like he had much more to do. Not saying i'm happy he's gone just, he's probably done anything he wanted and didn't need more time per say. Also curious does anyone know how he died?
Yeah, that's fair and I understand what you mean.
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:41 am

KBABZ wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:38 am
Mad Swami wrote: Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:37 am Also curious does anyone know how he died?
Natural causes.
oh ok thanks

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:14 pm

May Mr Armstrong's soul rest in peace.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:55 pm

Dang, my favorite Ginyu. He had such charisma and had the strong leader type of voice. Perfect for the Captain. His role as Dr. Marcoh in the orginal FMA series was fantastic as well.