Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball and COVID-19

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:22 pm

VegettoEX wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:11 pm Y'all have to have some sort of Dragon Ball (Toriyama, etc., whatever) angle to your discussion.

That's the rule. You know the rule.

Some of you continue to push this, knowing that you're doing this, doing it on purpose, and you will soon no longer have an account if it continues.
Maybe it's time to create an off-topic subforum?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 pm You did see Mike's message about staying on topic right? :?
Actually, no, I didn't. I forgot to hit confirm post when I finished with that and went to play with the kids for a while (my response to another thread has also been sitting here on the "editing board" for a few hours). Came back, realized I didn't and hit the button. For that I apologize and will back out of the topic of our political system.

That said, skimming an article . Also, just because there's an article about something in an op ed confirming your beliefs doesn't mean it's inherently true or unbiased.
Polyphase Avatron wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:22 pm Maybe it's time to create an off-topic subforum?
Not one to dictate how anyone runs their forum or anything, but in my opinion formed from my own experience in the past managing a few lesser known forumotion boards, having an Off Topic section or thread is generally a good idea to keep people from doing it in other topics. People generally just want to discuss current events with the people in communities they populate, regardless of what the community's main purpose is for (like, say, an online Yu-Gi-Oh dueling club, or a Digimon fandom board). It's an inherent drawback to having social recluses and adults having open discussion on the boards.

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm

Zeon_Grunt wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:37 pm
Planetnamek wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:34 pm You did see Mike's message about staying on topic right? :?
Actually, no, I didn't. I forgot to hit confirm post when I finished with that and went to play with the kids for a while. Came back, realized I didn't and hit the button. For that I apologize and will back out of the topic of our political system.

That said, skimming an article . Also, just because there's an article about something in an op ed confirming your beliefs doesn't mean it's inherently true
Does not mean it's not true either, also again you admitting to skimming the article means anything you have to say about it is meaningless.

Anyways here's something cool a fan did for Super:https://comicbook.com/anime/2020/03/23/ ... tion-goku/
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku

Zeon_Grunt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zeon_Grunt » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:31 pm

Planetnamek wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:45 pm Does not mean it's not true either, also again you admitting to skimming the article means anything you have to say about it is meaningless.
That's not how that works, you're just an incredibly dismissive person as you've shown multiple times to me since I've gotten here. If you read the first and last sentences of a paragraph, notice they're talking about the same thing in the next paragraph, and so on and so forth, it's perfectly fine to skim to get the gist of what's being said. Every time they did mention something wrong with Bernie's side, they attributed it to his campaign and campaign team, not him specifically.

On the topic of DBZ fans and COVID, here's Future Trunks vs COVID-19 by Wildart93
https://www.instagram.com/p/B97YiiXhJzL ... hare_sheet

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:57 pm

If the virus existed in the DBU, the easiest way to deal with it would probably be just to wish for Shenron to cure it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147