How do you ''see'' the forum?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How do you ''see'' the forum?

Post by KBABZ » Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:41 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:43 am
VegettoEX wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:59 amI would caution people about viewing this forum as an "academic" arena. That's... well, beyond just not being accurate... I dunno, I think the word "elitist" has lost all meaning, but it certainly fits.
I think people mean academic in the sense of learning more about the franchise and what goes into making it compared to other sites. The production guide is a great example of going in depth about the process that's taken to bring the anime to life, and it gives an insight into how things in the industry as a whole works.
Agreed, and that is how I meant when I described Kanzenshuu as such. There's so many guides and useful articles here that are very informative: almost all my knowledge about the original Japanese versions of Dragon Ball stem from the main site (the Intended Endings Guide was the very first thing I read when someone linked me here after I stated the classic mistake in Kotaku's comments). The difference between that and elitism is that Kanzenshuu welcomes all with the right attitude: what matters isn't if you grew up on the Funi dub or not (I'm proof of that all on my own), it's if you're able to accept the people around you and their opinions.

Educational things about Dragon Ball happen all the time for me here, even as recently as yesterday where I learnt that it took half a Chapter for Upa to be named and Bora isn't named at all!

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:14 pm

The forum has been good about clarifying certain fundamentals about the story itself (e.g. what genre it is, the motivations of the characters, etc.) I see it as a mature and safe place to discuss the show with people way more knowledgeable than myself as well as people who enjoy the original story not the bastardized version the US got. It cuts out on quite a bit of misinformation.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Thunderbird
Banned

Post by Thunderbird » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 am

As being dead.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:30 am

Thunderbird wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 am As being dead.
i mean it's an internet forum based around dragon ball in 2020, it's way more active then it really has any right to be if we're being honest.

anyway, i don't really post anymore because of my anxiety but i still check it everyday more or less, and i kinda view it the same way i always have. there's always some pretty decent discussion to read and it's a good way to keep up with the series during down periods. i also love the website it's been beyond useful for me for the past several years and i can't wait till more and more of the wiki gets opened up.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:43 am

There'll be more discussion once the Super anime/movie returns. If anything I appreciate how it's much less toxic than when Super was airing, it's a nice breath of fresh air.

ABED
Namekian Warrior

Post by ABED » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:12 am

Soppa Saia People wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:30 am
Thunderbird wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:57 am As being dead.
i mean it's an internet forum based around dragon ball in 2020, it's way more active then it really has any right to be if we're being honest.

anyway, i don't really post anymore because of my anxiety but i still check it everyday more or less
If you don't mind my asking, how come your anxiety prevents you from posting more? I don't understand the cause and effect here.
The biggest truths aren't original. The truth is ketchup. It's Jim Belushi. Its job isn't to blow our minds. It's to be within reach.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take - Wayne Gretzky" - Michael Scott
Happiness is climate, not weather.

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:48 am

i just have really bad social anxiety and well i can manage it in a lot of areas, i'm still not perfect at it and i still feel uncomfortable in a lot of places and with a lot of people in general. not to mention i'm really self conscious, i don't think anyone really needs to see my thoughts on anything so why post, and i wanna be helpful and contribute but i really can't be so again why post ?

sorry if this isn't thread appropriate.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:31 am

My anxiety prevents me from speaking over the phone so issues with forums and stuff makes a lot if sense to me.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf