I like Goku: Xeno's personality and design more than those of normal Goku.

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

I like Goku: Xeno's personality and design more than those of normal Goku.

Post by Psajdak » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Speaking only out of Heroes promo anime experience...

Personalitywise, Goku: Xeno seems far more serious, and mature, like he learned something from years of facing various enemies, and villains.

As for design, or his clothes to be more precise; well, first of all, him not wearing his iconic orange gi makes him feel like his own person, not to mention more unique.
Black color is almost always good for clothing, while red vest adds to that heroic main character look.

Super Saiyan 4 also looks nice with those clothes.

In general Goku: Xeno makes so much sense as natural evolution.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: I like Goku: Xeno's personality and design more than those of normal Goku.

Post by Dbzfan94 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:39 pm

Xeno Goku seems more in line with his characterization in the original run. Its relly noticeable in contrast to Super Goku.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 12, 2020 4:36 pm

not only that it does not come out much in the manga they do silly things and silly faces too

xeno clothes are ugly ... it looks worse on ssj4 too much color palette ... and overdesigned

goku has never been a hero even in the original manga

evolution makes sense in dragon ball online with future trunks traveling on the time to pay for their sins against the timeline but it never made sense with other characters

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Apr 12, 2020 5:03 pm

Yep. No wonder Xeno Goku is the best version of the character (then again, that pretty much goes for every Xeno character). Everything about him is great. Even Super Saiyan 4 somehow manages to look amazing on him.

I can only keep hoping Toei doesn't screw him up eventually and make him act like a kid just like Dragon Ball Super Goku does. His first appearance in the anime is already memorable to me.

We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:38 pm

Can't say I like him, but I don't hate him either. I can't even see him as "Goku", IMO he's more like an OC.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:39 pm

just to add one thing the xeno versions is basically a trick to sell you cards of the same character by pretending to be a different one ... but it only works in Japan because on other continents nobody knows them

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:37 am

Xeno Goku is who Super Goku should be like during this part of the story. Goku was always developing into a mature, competent fighter and person in the original, but for some reason Toei decided to regress him in Super past his earliest days as a kid.

XanatosVanBadass
Banned

Post by XanatosVanBadass » Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:45 am

He could be interesting, but my issue is he’s now the opposite extreme of where Super Goku is. Being more serious is fine and, but Goku should never not have that child like sense of wonder. Xeno Goku almost acts like what much of the US fanbase THINKS Goku is based on the Funi dub of old.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:15 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:37 am Xeno Goku is who Super Goku should be like during this part of the story. Goku was always developing into a mature, competent fighter and person in the original, but for some reason Toei decided to regress him in Super past his earliest days as a kid.
an absent character that almost nobody knows?

I still do not see a single good argument regarding xeno goku "" only that it is more serious " but it is a character that only appears when the moment is serious ...

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Mon Apr 13, 2020 3:43 pm

I might check out Super Dragon Ball Heroes, if Goku is like this, as I'm not fan of modern childish Goku, and i always liked him more in Movies :)
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Thanos

Post by Thanos » Wed Apr 15, 2020 1:18 pm

XanatosVanBadass wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 4:45 am He could be interesting, but my issue is he’s now the opposite extreme of where Super Goku is. Being more serious is fine and, but Goku should never not have that child like sense of wonder. Xeno Goku almost acts like what much of the US fanbase THINKS Goku is based on the Funi dub of old.
Y-yeah, that's literally what I imagined when I saw this thread. Whenever I think of Xeno Goku I just think of the ">:(" face he's always making--and sure enough that's on full display in the image posted above.

The thing I always go back to is the fact that Goku's personality is rather unique when it comes to protagonists. The "XTREME MACHO SUPERMAN" thing exists in just about every single action franchise in the world. Why would you want to dilute the qualities that make the character unique and interesting?
Thanos before Thanos was cool.