"Dragon Ball: Consequences" auditions ... what?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

"Dragon Ball: Consequences" auditions ... what?

Post by John Pannozzi » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:38 pm

So, I get emails from Backstage, which FYI is an entertainment industry trade magazine and website focused on acting.

And I found this article from today just a moment ago.

This part of that article caught my eye:
“DRAGON BALL: CONSEQUENCES”
The anime “Dragon Ball: Consequences” is seeking voiceover talent. Talent, aged 16 and older, is wanted for various roles. The anime is set for a December or January release. Pay is TBD based on lines. Apply here!

Hmm...

When I check out the auditions page,

It says
Pilot Productions 99
C. Hinchley, animation supervisor

And it doesn't use FUNi's English Dub names for the characters, so I don't think this is licensed.

And it seems this Pilot Productions outfit has a "Dragon Ball: Consequences" YouTube Playlist (empty for now) at https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... TaFB7OScRx

Very odd, at least in that it makes me question the general legitimacy of any given project listed on Backstage.
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: "Dragon Ball: Consequences" auditions ... what?

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:14 pm

It's a fan animation and Cody owes me $20.

https://twitter.com/VegettoEX/status/13 ... 9944668161
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:19 pm

Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

John Pannozzi
Beyond Newbie

Post by John Pannozzi » Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:19 pm

It's so weird that an outfit like Backstage (whom I assume is at least a fair deal respectable), would be directly promoting/enabling this guy. I 'd like to think that their standards would be at least a little higher, gah.
Admin of the Dr. Slump Wiki.

I have a nostalgic soft spot for the Dragon Ball 10th anniversary movie. Ditto the Buu saga.

完全集のメンバー。

Friends don't lie.

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:14 am

For me, it was that they're looking for "actors" 16+. The red flags immediately go up unless they detail their need for official consent from a parent or guardian.

Not a single company would ever allow a minor to sign a contract because... well... those contracts are voidable by the minor. And it's not super smart when your "talent" can walk off the project with no consequences. And if they're not doing contracts, then they're faker than the jewelry you get from a booth at the mall.

Anyway, too much into the weeds here. I've never heard of "Backstage" other than Macy's, so this is all just fan-made YouTube video level stuff to me. But them taking $20.00 for production info is low.

Maybe you can have file a complaint with the bank/PayPal/whatever you used, VegettoEX. I know it's "just $20," but it's the principle of the thing too.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:26 pm

Silly Billy, there are no consequences in Dragon Ball. These people dont get Toriyama. SMH.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: