If fusion existed in other series

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

If fusion existed in other series

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:36 am

Say that characters from outside of Dragonball could learn the fusion dance or use potara earrings. Which ones would you like to see fuse, and which ones do you think would be likely to try it? For example, Luffy and Zoro from One Piece might become Zuffy.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If fusion existed in other series

Post by Super Sonic » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:08 am

It's usually parodied outside fusion with adding "mon" to a name and thus Toei did so. Pokemon did the more traditional way.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:50 pm

Wud like Fusion between Killua & Gon from HXH

Also Sesshoumaru & Inuyasha fusion..

And maybe Fusion b'ween Levi & Eren from AoT..wud be dope 😂

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:05 pm

There should be a DC event where Batman and Superman need to fuse in order to combine their skills and stop a big threat.

Metal Gear Solid features Liquid Snake and Revolver Ocelot essentially fusing into Liquid Ocelot.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:11 pm

nickzambuto wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:05 pm There should be a DC event where Batman and Superman need to fuse in order to combine their skills and stop a big threat.
Well there was the Amalgam Comics crossover event in the 90s where DC and Marvel characters were fused in a new universe.

Superman + Captain America = Super Soldier

Batman + Wolverine = Dark Claw

Thanos + Darkseid = Thanoseid

Dr. Strange + Dr. Fate = Dr. Strangefate (real creative one there :roll: )
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:24 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:11 pm
nickzambuto wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 2:05 pm There should be a DC event where Batman and Superman need to fuse in order to combine their skills and stop a big threat.
Well there was the Amalgam Comics crossover event in the 90s where DC and Marvel characters were fused in a new universe.

Superman + Captain America = Super Soldier

Batman + Wolverine = Dark Claw

Thanos + Darkseid = Thanoseid

Dr. Strange + Dr. Fate = Dr. Strangefate (real creative one there :roll: )
There is also Dark Khan from MK vc DC where Shao Khan & Darkseid end up fused. Fusion has been lampshaded in One Piece through Wapol's antics & Naruto has the Amphibious justu where the toad fuses to your shoulder and the most recent Baryon Mode which is supposed to kill the users if used to its logical conclusion. While Dragonball popularized the concept of fusion, it is not something holy unique to fiction over all. I would imagine for the generation after me, their point of reference fro fusion is the Yugioh Card game, especially after they had a whole series where the MC specialized in fusion monsters.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FusionDance

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:33 am

Yeah but my idea is more along the lines of what if any other given series had access to DBZ fusion techniques, even series that have nothing like it.

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Fri Dec 04, 2020 4:50 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:33 am Yeah but my idea is more along the lines of what if any other given series had access to DBZ fusion techniques, even series that have nothing like it.
I mean there are plenty of what-if fusion art of other series on DA. I would check out Steven Universe that has made fusion its own thing.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Dec 04, 2020 6:28 pm

Fusion does exist in other serie and one I particularly have in mind is Yu-Gi-Oh! up until VRAINS the attrocity that is Sevens does not exist to me.

The Fusion are:
  • Fusion (Yugo)
  • Ritual (Gichiki)
  • Synchro
  • XyZ (With a node to Dragon Ball for Zexal lol)
  • Link
And in my opinion Dragon Ball can takes inspiration from Yu--Gi-Oh! for new fusion method.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu