Did Freeza ever say, "This is not even my final form" in canon?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Did Freeza ever say, "This is not even my final form" in canon?

Post by precita » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:24 pm

I always see these meme images of Freeza online with, "This is not even my final form" as the dialogue, and I cannot recall, does he actually have that line in the episodes or is something the internet meme'd into reality? Either Japanese or dub line?

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: Did Freeza ever say, "This is not even my final form" in canon?

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:42 pm

The only lines I can think of that come close are Freeza telling Piccolo he can transform two more times, and telling Goku he's only using [insert number here] percent of his power.

A "not even my final form" line would make most sense in his 3rd form, but by that point we already knew it wasn't his final form yet, so there'd be no point in saying it.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:49 pm

No. It’s just a meme. It’s not much different from how Morpheus never said “What if I told you” or how the phrase “Beam me up, Scotty” was never actually used in Star Trek.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:58 pm

So this is what I see:

Was this really not said in the old Season 3 Funimation dub from 1999? That's where I assume most of these lines become memes in the west because they feel like old dub lines Funimation would have had back in the day.

He really never says this in the old dub?

jjgp1112
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by jjgp1112 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:19 pm

It's a "Beam me up, Scotty" kind of deal. Frieza never actually said it in the dub but probably said something close enough that it eventually mutated into "THIS ISN'T EVEN MY FINAL FORM" in the collective pop culture memory.
Yamcha: Do you remember the spell to release him - do you know all the words?
Bulma: Of course! I'm not gonna pull a Frieza and screw it up!
Master Roshi: Bulma, I think Frieza failed because he wore too many clothes!
Cold World (Fanfic)
"It ain't never too late to stop bein' a bitch." - Chad Lamont Butler

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:32 pm

Dirty Harry never said "Do you feel lucky, punk?". Darth Vader never said "Luke, I am your father". Freeza never said "This is not even my final form."

A lot of movies and TV shows forget to put their most famous lines in.

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm

It's a paraphrase. He said something along those lines, but not that exact wording.

In the English dub, right before transforming to his 3rd form, he said "And keep in mind it's not my ultimate form. I still have one more transformation!". In the Japanese version, he said "And I still have two more transformations remaining!"

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:32 am

Happened to cover this for part of the Recap! In short: no, Frieza never said it.

There are only two moments that come close. Against Piccolo, he says "I still have two transformations beyond this one", which matches the meme in spirit because up until then it was assumed that Frieza could only transform once, not thrice. The second time is when he's about to start transforming into his final form, where he says "Feast your eyes while you can... on my last transformation... MY TRUE FORM!!!", which is closer to the meme in verbage, if not in spirit.

To be perfectly honest, I actually associate this meme far more with Sephiroth and other RPG bosses, who have a habit of transforming once before then surprising the player by transforming AGAIN, making the battle longer and more difficult than they first assumed.

Dr. Casey
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Dr. Casey » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Can't forget Wild Arms 3 and its 11 form final boss. 8)
Princess Snake avatars courtesy of Kunzait, Chibi Goku avatar from Velasa.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:47 am

Dr. Casey wrote: Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm Can't forget Wild Arms 3 and its 11 form final boss. 8)
Exactly!

Planetnamek
Banned

Post by Planetnamek » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:46 pm

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:12 pm It's a paraphrase. He said something along those lines, but not that exact wording.

In the English dub, right before transforming to his 3rd form, he said "And keep in mind it's not my ultimate form. I still have one more transformation!". In the Japanese version, he said "And I still have two more transformations remaining!"
Actually in the dub(specifically in "Freeza's Second Transformation") he said "I have two more transformations"(unless you're referring to Kai, as I just saw the original dub version of that episode on tape)
"Why run away from something you're not afraid of?" - Goku