Dragonball Animation Legend

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:32 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:Main Page updated. ^^
Yahoo! I was mentioned! Thanks Julian!
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

shannarafan
Beyond Newbie

Post by shannarafan » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:52 pm

Wow, that's awesome. *bank account trembles with fear*

SonGokuGT
I Live Here

Post by SonGokuGT » Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:33 pm

Well... The joy was good while it lasted... Still, nice to see the DB singles coming out.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:31 pm

You know, with expensive as these singles are gonna be, I'd think some of you guys would just get the FUNi releases considering how good a deal the releases are and they're not as nearly screwed over as DBZ's treatment. Also, the original DB dub is like the perfect extra to counterpart the fantastic subbed Japanese version. Is it really worth it to spend $34 on 6 episodes a piece when you can spend $30 or so for an entire saga (as few as 9 and as much as 17 episodes) a piece?

Just seems to me like the only real reason to buy any of the R2 releases is to just get those first 13 episodes uncut. The rest of the series is already available on affordable and awesome deals of releases from FUNi. I mean are some of you guys that nit-picky for all the OPs/EDs, next-EP previews, and uber-Dragon Box quality to have the whole series unsubbed at a worse deal?

:?
14 years later

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:38 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:F?
Stop fucking doing this every single time anyone ever considers ever importing DVDs from Japan for fucks sake. We all know the pros and cons of each and doing this every single time is annoying.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:41 pm

Blitzen wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:F?
Stop fucking doing this every single time anyone ever considers ever importing DVDs from Japan for fucks sake.
I'm not trying to say you guys "must" buy FUNi's releases of original DB, just that they're the most logical and wisest choice IMO. Especially considering we're all part of the English speaking audience. And last I checked, this is a message board where we can speak our minds. So take the New Years pole out of your ass.
14 years later

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:46 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote: I'm not trying to say you guys "must" buy FUNi's releases of original DB, just that they're the most logical and wisest choice IMO.
You're basically insinuating that if we don't, or haven't, or continue to buy the release even if we have it, that we're basically ;'wasting money' and that it, in general, is a bad desicion, "IMO" or not, and it's fucking annoying every single time you get a Dragonbox thread because you've got to fucking stick you FUNimation-loving cock into everyones mouths.

I mean considering what this forum is, it's a fairly good chance everyone who is considering getting these things know what is what.
Especially considering we're all part of the English speaking audience.
Yeah and English language audiences are only allowed sub-par products released in a retarded fashion then?
And last I checked, this is a message board where we can speak our minds.
Counterpoint already made.
So take the New Years pole out of your ass.
Already been through new years, it's 2007 here, so it got removed even before I made this post.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:56 pm

Blitzen wrote:You're basically insinuating that if we don't, or haven't, or continue to buy the release even if we have it, that we're basically ;'wasting money' and that it, in general, is a bad desicion, "IMO" or not, and it's fucking annoying every single time you get a Dragonbox thread because you've got to fucking stick you FUNimation-loving cock into everyones mouths.

I mean considering what this forum is, it's a fairly good chance everyone who is considering getting these things know what is what.
Alright, you're just going way too far on insulting me. I realize that we can all speak our minds and such, but now you're trying to make me out to be a bad guy by saying I "post about loving FUNi's releases" on every thread. Which I don't. I was just pointing out my views on this thread because it regards original DragonBall, not DBZ, original DB is a series FUNimation actually released to fuckin' perfect T outside the first 13 episodes. Sure, it's not absolutely 110% Uncut or on source material par with the Dragonbox, but it's still worthy of any purchase out there, especially considering the much better deal on them than these new singles. But whatever, you guys can do what you want, I will admit that it's my personal opinion that if you buy any releases beyond the first 13 episodes, you are wasting your money. That's just my opinion and I deserve the right to express it.
Blitzen wrote:Yeah and English language audiences are only allowed sub-par products released in a retarded fashion then?
What the hell are you talking about? Outside the first 13 episodes, FUNi released the original DB series on DVD with the utmost respect in what they had. Perhaps you're thinking of DBZ, because original DB was given a fair fucking release. Hell, I seem to recall you were willing to buy the R4 re-releases which seem to be the same prints as FUNi's. :?
Blitzen wrote:Already been through new years, it's 2007 here, so it got removed even before I made this post.
w00t!
14 years later

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:06 am

Conan the SSJ wrote: Alright, you're just going way too far on insulting me. I realize that we can all speak our minds and such, but now you're trying to make me out to be a bad guy by saying I "post about loving FUNi's releases" on every thread. Which I don't. I was just pointing out my views on this thread because it regards original DragonBall, not DBZ, original DB is a series FUNimation actually released to fuckin' perfect T outside the first 13 episodes. Sure, it's not absolutely 110% Uncut or on source material par with the Dragonbox, but it's still worthy of any purchase out there, especially considering the much better deal on them than these new singles. But whatever, you guys can do what you want, I will admit that it's my personal opinion that if you buy any releases beyond the first 13 episodes, you are wasting your money. That's just my opinion and I deserve the right to express it.
It's the appropriateness of where said opinion is expressed which is the problem, not the actual opinion itself. For all of it's 'pros', the FUNimation DB (yes, not talking about DBZ either!) still has one glaring problem which really sets it back- shithouse authoring/encoding of already bad source materials on discs that can barely contain the ammount of episodes without resulting in even lower quality.

If you're saying "you're wasting your money buying these releases" then you're just about trolling, only with much less swearing. On top of that we've had dragonbox threads for atleast 3 years, and Dragonboxes for around 4, aswell as their single releases. EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT THEY ARE OR ARENT, and you don't have to keep coming in here and fucking expressing the same, overused 'opinion' each and every time.

Besides you can always get the first 13 episodes from Australia for much cheaper and with more uhh, 'relevance' to the US release. Hoping anyone who is smart enough to import stuff also has a TV/DVD capable of PAL playback.
Conan the SSJ wrote:What the hell are you talking about? Outside the first 13 episodes, FUNi released the original DB series on DVD with the utmost respect in what they had. Perhaps you're thinking of DBZ, because original DB was given a fair fucking release. Hell, I seem to recall you were willing to buy the R4 re-releases which seem to be the same prints as FUNi's. :?
As I've said before, they weren't released with the 'upmost respect for what they had." If they had respect for what they had, they would have atleast released it in a linear fashion, which they didn't do. There was also compression issues and what not. I would have bought the R4 re-release because hey, it is possibly going to be cheap enough to justify buying it. Does that make it a perfect or adequate product? Not really, but atleast i know what I'm getting myself into by buying it.

Again, just to finish it off, it's not an issue of expressing opinion, it's just the repetetiveness and the continue bad placement of it. The final part to this is that we all know what we're getting ourselves (or others) into by doing this, and we all know how it goes. we've had years of experience, hundreds of dollars invested, and god knows what else. Posting what you posted is an exercise in pure redundance and I just can't stand for it.

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:13 am

Conan the SSJ wrote:You know, with expensive as these singles are gonna be, I'd think some of you guys would just get the FUNi releases considering how good a deal the releases are and they're not as nearly screwed over as DBZ's treatment. Also, the original DB dub is like the perfect extra to counterpart the fantastic subbed Japanese version. Is it really worth it to spend $34 on 6 episodes a piece when you can spend $30 or so for an entire saga (as few as 9 and as much as 17 episodes) a piece?

Just seems to me like the only real reason to buy any of the R2 releases is to just get those first 13 episodes uncut. The rest of the series is already available on affordable and awesome deals of releases from FUNi. I mean are some of you guys that nit-picky for all the OPs/EDs, next-EP previews, and uber-Dragon Box quality to have the whole series unsubbed at a worse deal?

:?
I plan on getting the R2 releases, as well as the Funimation volumes I still need. And the Dragonbox. Seriously. Am I nit-picky about resolution, extras and quality, enough so to pay through the nose for it? Hell yes, and I make no apology. 8)

Lobster_Rage155
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Lobster_Rage155 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:28 am

Soooo... who's up for image comparisons with the FUNi releases when these come out? :)

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:36 am

Lobster_Rage155 wrote:Soooo... who's up for image comparisons with the FUNi releases when these come out? :)
Considering they'll be the exact same discs that were included in the Dragonbox set release, you wouldn't need them as they came out.

theoriginalbilis

Post by theoriginalbilis » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:06 am

Blitzen wrote:*snip rant*
Whoa. Down, boy. He's expressing an opinion. He's a DB fan, he's bought DB merchandise, he has a right to say what his money would be better spent on what DB items. But we appreciate your obvious excitement over the Dragonbox DB DVDs... it's exciting news.
Conan The SSJ wrote:*snip rant*
For people who have the money and want pristine DB masters (albeit without translations), then they can go for these DVDs. I, personally, share your opinion that the FUNi DB sets are one of the best and most economic purchases a DB fan can make. The video/audio looks fine on my setup, and the episodes for the price are a great deal. Let them buy what they want and let us buy what we want.

Now, let's try not to get this topic locked anymore. K?

*thanks to both of you for nearly killing my buzz.* :wink:
Nothing matters (in a cosmic sense.) Have a good time.

Payne222
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Payne222 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:26 am

theoriginalbilis wrote:
Blitzen wrote:*snip rant*
Whoa. Down, boy. He's expressing an opinion. He's a DB fan, he's bought DB merchandise, he has a right to say what his money would be better spent on what DB items. But we appreciate your obvious excitement over the Dragonbox DB DVDs... it's exciting news.
Conan The SSJ wrote:*snip rant*
For people who have the money and want pristine DB masters (albeit without translations), then they can go for these DVDs. I, personally, share your opinion that the FUNi DB sets are one of the best and most economic purchases a DB fan can make. The video/audio looks fine on my setup, and the episodes for the price are a great deal. Let them buy what they want and let us buy what we want.

Now, let's try not to get this topic locked anymore. K?

*thanks to both of you for nearly killing my buzz.* :wink:
Haha, way to control the situation! (^_~)
「あの地球人のように?・・・クリリンのことか・・・クリリンのことか————っ!!!!!!」

「オレは地球からきさまをたおすためにやってきたサイヤ人・・・おだやかな心をもちながらはげしい怒りによって目覚めた伝説の戦士・・・超サイヤ人孫悟空だ!!!!!」

Snail

Post by Snail » Mon Jan 01, 2007 4:28 am

Haha my thoughts exactly, be more respectful to one another next time Blitzen, and Conan.

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:13 am

theoriginalbilis wrote: But we appreciate your obvious excitement over the Dragonbox DB DVDs... it's exciting news.
I'm not excited over them though, I just had a bone to pick.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:33 am

Blitzen wrote:
theoriginalbilis wrote: But we appreciate your obvious excitement over the Dragonbox DB DVDs... it's exciting news.
I'm not excited over them though, I just had a bone to pick.
You can pick your bones without being a complete jerk. Why don't you try acting semi-intelligent?! Conan suggested it would be slightly more ecconimical to try FUNi's relaases, and nothing probably would have been said again of it if not for you coming along and throwing yourself at him like a rabid hyena for no reason. Somehow I can't find the rule stating you can't post a short paragraph in favor of FUNi DVD's in a thread with a fairly loose topic definition.

Your behavior was completely uncalled for. Grow up and shut up.

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:44 am

Duo wrote:You can pick your bones without being a complete jerk.
Play nice in the sandpit?
Why don't you try acting semi-intelligent?!
I'll just act intelligent instead of lowering myself to your level, thanks.
Conan suggested it would be slightly more ecconimical to try FUNi's relaases, and nothing probably would have been said again of it if not for you coming along and throwing yourself at him like a rabid hyena for no reason.
I could keep posting that you guys would probably be a whole lot better if you breathed clean air, drank water, worked out, whatever else, and it would still get annoying. The problem here is that it's PRETTY DAMN OBVIOUS to the point where if it's basically said over and over again it gets pretty annoying. Sure, I could just "put up" but I'd rather try and be assertive about it, so I'm sorry if your girlfriend got hurt by it.
Somehow I can't find the rule stating you can't post a short paragraph in favor of FUNi DVD's in a thread with a fairly loose topic definition.
It's not an issue of rules, it's an issue of being appropriate. Might SEEM a tad hypocritical, but the thing is, atleast I know what I'm doing 'wrong'.
Your behavior was completely uncalled for. Grow up and shut up.
hahahahahhahahhahah nice work kid.

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:47 am

You can go ahead and try to make fun of me or whatever, but Conan doesn't deserve being cussed at and insulted because of a DVD preference. Get a grip on the real world. Being hidden by a computer screen doesn't make tactless behavior right, and dodging the point doesn't either. I've learned the hard way being a jerk about an opinion is no way to act, and it will catch up to you one way or the other.

Blitzen
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Blitzen » Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:31 am

Duo wrote:You can go ahead and try to make fun of me or whatever, but Conan doesn't deserve being cussed at and insulted because of a DVD preference. Get a grip on the real world. Being hidden by a computer screen doesn't make tactless behavior right, and dodging the point doesn't either. I've learned the hard way being a jerk about an opinion is no way to act, and it will catch up to you one way or the other.
Already has caught up with me, and it doesn't bother me one bit. Thing is, I don't take this sort of attitude into real life matters because the chances of me debating the differences between cartoon DVDs is so fucking slim that it's totally not worth it

Move on.