A link between Tullece and Broly?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Terra-jin
Regular

A link between Tullece and Broly?

Post by Terra-jin » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:40 am

Did you notice that Paragus and Tullece have the same spaceship? It's interesting, because it may mean that the three movie-Saiyans knew each other. They were all exiles from Freeza's empire and the rest of the Saiyans, at least in Broly and Paragus' case.

In Tullece case, I believe he was put on Freeza's death list for becoming too strong (he was around 18.000, I think). After surviving a set-up by Freeza's men, he and his team pillaged on beyond the borders of Freeza's empire, searching for a way to take revenge on him.

During one of Tullece raids, he could've come across Broly and Paragus. What would've happened? Would Broly flip out when he saw Tullece?

What's your opinion?

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:11 pm

In terms of the spaceship design, it's more likely that it's just a standard ship. I mean, DragonoBall doesn't have much variety in terms of spaceship design.

Your take on Tullece surviving is interesting. I like mine better though.

If Tullece and Broli met? Yeah, Tullece looks enough like Goku that he would've flipped Broli's "crazy switch." Then he would be dead.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:08 am

Hee, do the two theories contradict though? Other than... well... the Broli making a Oolong Tullece Toma sandwich...

Woah, I think I may have just gotten an idea for the insane overlapping fanfic continuity of text RPG land...

And it would be ... well... messy to try to explain the idea here. :(.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

balrog
Not-So-Newbie

Post by balrog » Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:25 pm

If seeing Goten was enough to make Broli flip, then Tullece, who is pretty much just Goku with darker skin, would certainly be close enough for broly to want to kill him.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:37 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:In terms of the spaceship design, it's more likely that it's just a standard ship. I mean, DragonoBall doesn't have much variety in terms of spaceship design.

If Tullece and Broli met? Yeah, Tullece looks enough like Goku that he would've flipped Broli's "crazy switch." Then he would be dead.
I always thought that was the same origin for Tullece as well. Only to explain why Tullece never became a god the first time he found a tree, it would be because the other planets couldn't produce a tree as healthy as on Earth. As a result, the fruit gave only small boosts of energy instead of the massive one he got on Earth. In the mainstream universe, I figured Tullece dies in a close battle with some of Freeza's goons, killing at least one in the process. Meanwhile in movie 3's universe, he's only appeared to be dead (in the same sense that Dodoria "killed" Bardock). Tullece wakes up, drags himself to a fruit, and eats it as the Z crew eat senzus. It doesn't heal him as a senzu, but its energy keeps him alive until he can heal properly. He then leaves like you said, but gathers his henchmen in order to protect him in case Freeza sends elite goons after him. He doesn't realize that Freeza thinks he's dead, but by then he's gotten used to having them around as servants.

If Broly and Tullece ever met? Crazy switch on and Tullece = dead. We know SSJ, before developing it through training methods or rage, is stronger than kaioken x40. Over 10,000 x 40 = Over 400,000 vs Tullece's around 30,000... Smush. Granted it's possible they met prior to Broly learning SSJ, but he'd already have a PL way over 10,000 when they meet whereas Tullece would be way under 30,000, probably still resulting smush.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Wed Jul 04, 2007 7:16 pm

Tullece was the trigger that made Broli go SSJ for the first time. :P. Or not.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

mister yummy
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mister yummy » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:45 am

I was under the impression that Brolli was a Super Saiya-jin during his birth. I'd gone from there to explain that Goku can do the technique, despite not being the legendary Super Saiya-jin, because he saw Brolli do it as an infant, and he can sometimes learn techniques after seeing them once.

chibi_goten
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by chibi_goten » Tue Jul 10, 2007 6:01 am

I know you have all thought a lot here, but at the end of the day it's a whole lot of ''what if's''.
- Scott

Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Supa Saiya-Jin Tullece » Tue Jul 10, 2007 7:51 am

Even if it's a bunch of what ifs, I like these possibilities. :P

And since I'm Tullece in a text RPG (or "Turles" because virtually no one watches the japanese version), I need more ideas. KEEP FEEDING ME IDEAS.

But seriously, I would never have thought of some of this. I could go with the whole exile thing (since he's a Saiyajin Space Pirate) but I never noticed that they had the same ship!

And Broly could only go Giji Super Saiyajin when he was born, and learned Super Saiyajin later on in childhood.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:33 pm

mister yummy wrote:I was under the impression that Brolli was a Super Saiya-jin during his birth. I'd gone from there to explain that Goku can do the technique, despite not being the legendary Super Saiya-jin, because he saw Brolli do it as an infant, and he can sometimes learn techniques after seeing them once.
Nope. He's just really powerful at that point (PL 10,000 at birth), not SSJ.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:23 pm

I could see Broly as a natural SSj like Goten and Chibi Trunks, in that he didn't need a trigger for it and just transformed for the first time around his childhood. After all, he is the "legendary Super Saiyan" :S

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:30 pm

Terra-jin wrote:I could see Broly as a natural SSj like Goten and Chibi Trunks, in that he didn't need a trigger for it and just transformed for the first time around his childhood. After all, he is the "legendary Super Saiyan" :S
Personally I think he's just SSJ type 3 in movie 8's universe. There's not really anything in the movie that proves otherwise. He never seemed fast to begin with, just uber-strong. For some reason they tried to match his strength head on rather than use any strategy. :?

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:30 am

I agree with you, but I think you misunderstood what I meant with natural SSj. The state Goku reaches at the Cell Games is a full power SSj or mastered SSj, which succeeds the SSj type 3 form. With natural SSj, I meant that he could transform at a very young age, without an emotional trigger, into a regular SSj. He was not a full power SSj, just a normal SSj. Afterward, his SSj form was subdued by Paragus and after seeing Goku, he went from that form to SSj type 3.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Fri Jul 13, 2007 1:22 pm

Terra-jin wrote:I agree with you, but I think you misunderstood what I meant with natural SSj. The state Goku reaches at the Cell Games is a full power SSj or mastered SSj, which succeeds the SSj type 3 form. With natural SSj, I meant that he could transform at a very young age, without an emotional trigger, into a regular SSj. He was not a full power SSj, just a normal SSj. Afterward, his SSj form was subdued by Paragus and after seeing Goku, he went from that form to SSj type 3.
Broly had the trigger: he was psychotically angry. Tack on his crazy birth PL and, like Trunks and Goten, it didn't take long to reach SSJ.

Darknat
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Darknat » Sat Jul 14, 2007 4:35 am

Dayspring wrote:
SSj Kaboom wrote:In terms of the spaceship design, it's more likely that it's just a standard ship. I mean, DragonoBall doesn't have much variety in terms of spaceship design.

I always thought that was the same origin for Tullece as well. Only to explain why Tullece never became a god the first time he found a tree, it would be because the other planets couldn't produce a tree as healthy as on Earth. As a result, the fruit gave only small boosts of energy instead of the massive one he got on Earth. In the mainstream universe, I figured Tullece dies in a close battle with some of Freeza's goons, killing at least one in the process. Meanwhile in movie 3's universe, he's only appeared to be dead (in the same sense that Dodoria "killed" Bardock). Tullece wakes up, drags himself to a fruit, and eats it as the Z crew eat senzus. It doesn't heal him as a senzu, but its energy keeps him alive until he can heal properly. He then leaves like you said, but gathers his henchmen in order to protect him in case Freeza sends elite goons after him. He doesn't realize that Freeza thinks he's dead, but by then he's gotten used to having them around as servants.

If i'm not mistaken, I think in the Daizenshu says something about Tullece wanting to get enough power to defeat Freeza. So he probably was attacked by his soldiers at some point

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 5:50 am

I think that Tullece was working for Freeza right alongside Vegeta, Nappa, and Raditz. Somehow, maybe by eavesdropping or being warned, he learns that Freeza considers four Saiyans "redundant" and is going to eliminate him.

Knowing he's no match for Freeza, he flees, stealing the top-secret, just finished pet project of Freeza's scientists--the Tree of Might seed.

Freeza, enraged, spreads the false news that he killed him; can't let word get out that someone can defect from his organization and get away with it.

Tullece, meanwhile, keeps a low profile and begins planting the seed on planets that aren't very inhabited and have little ki, but it's still enough to take him from around Raditz's power to somewhere in Vegeta's neighborhood, if not higher. Along the way, he recruits the strongest, most ruthless warriors among those who survive.

And then he finds Earth, a veritable bounty practically overflowing with ki. If he can just eat the fruit from THIS planet, surely he'll be strong enough to go challenge Freeza and become the new emperor of the universe. And how hard can it be to conquer this world?

Oops. :)
Trunks & Goten forever