Background Information on Coola and Tullece's Henchmen

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat May 02, 2009 11:00 am

Awesome stuff. It's nice knowing this sort of information exists, considering we don't get much from the films. Was there anything else on the Coola front?

Also, Daiz is the blue haired one, right?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sat May 02, 2009 11:27 am

Herms wrote:...
Here’s the background information on Tullece and his henchmen. This is was all orginally taken from the Japanese Wikipedia entry for DBZ movie 3., but I've expanded it with a some more information from the Akira Toriyama-The World anime special book. The only bit of information only found on Japanese Wikipedia is that Kakao was built on Planet Ikonda to fight an interstellar war.

Unfortunately there’s not much information on Tullece himself, but it does say that the reason he’s so strong is that he keeps eating the fruit of the Shinseiju (that is, Earth isn’t the first place he planted one, and the other times were successful). I think this actually got said at some point in the movie, but I could be wrong.

Amond was originally an atrocious criminal who rampaged throughout the entire galaxy, but was then was arrested and imprisoned by the Galactic Police, in a prison on Planet Nutts. But when Tullece attacked Planet Nutts, he freed Amond and let him into his group.

Daiz was the prince of the Pukinpa Dynasty on the Planet Kabocha, and led his kingdom’s army in an attack against Tullece. He fought so bravely against Tullece that Tullece let him become one of his men.

Kakao used to be a galactic lone-wolf bounty hunter. However, before even that he was originally a Battle Cyborg built on the planet Ikonda to fight in an interstellar war. He volunteered to join Tullece's group in order to strengthen his cyborg body, which is made from a special metal that makes him immune to ordinary attacks.

Lezun and Rakasei were revived by Tullece from the fossils of the long extinct Beenz people using extract from the Shinseiju. Their species is (well, was) extremely intelligent, and the two of them built Tullece and co.’s spaceship and the rest of their cool stuff.
Prime material as always Herms and an excellent source for the fan manga I hope to produce someday.
The Saiyans are very much like the Klingons and Jem'Hadar.

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Sat May 02, 2009 8:00 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
Herms wrote:Kame-sennin does say at the start of DBZ movie 5 that Goku has gotten even stronger since he returned from Planet Namek.
Plus he most definitely received a Zenkai which means more power.
Eh, I have a hard time swallowing that his increase would take him from 3 million to above 140 million. It basically implies that while on Yardrat, he became as strong in his base form as he was as SSJ against Freeza. Which would also place early Cell Saga SSJ Goku, before Android training, at around 750,000,000.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sat May 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
Senzu_Bean wrote:
Herms wrote:Kame-sennin does say at the start of DBZ movie 5 that Goku has gotten even stronger since he returned from Planet Namek.
Plus he most definitely received a Zenkai which means more power.
Eh, I have a hard time swallowing that his increase would take him from 3 million to above 140 million. It basically implies that while on Yardrat, he became as strong in his base form as he was as SSJ against Freeza. Which would also place early Cell Saga SSJ Goku, before Android training, at around 750,000,000.
Not at all. It implies that his zenkai from Freeza, training on Yardrat, and about 2 of the 3-years training got him from 3 million to above 9 million.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Sat May 02, 2009 11:06 pm

Dayspring wrote:Not at all. It implies that his zenkai from Freeza, training on Yardrat, and about 2 of the 3-years training got him from 3 million to above 9 million.
Except for the part where Goku whupped Coola's ass (I believe in the dub it was when the busted out "The Game" by Disturbed) in his normal form. Goku didn't, if I recall (and do correct me if I'm wrong) use Kaio-ken until after Coola changed forms. Which would mean that he would have to be over 140 mil.

Or am I missing something/fudging up my memory?

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sat May 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Onikage725 wrote:
Dayspring wrote:Not at all. It implies that his zenkai from Freeza, training on Yardrat, and about 2 of the 3-years training got him from 3 million to above 9 million.
Except for the part where Goku whupped Coola's ass (I believe in the dub it was when the busted out "The Game" by Disturbed) in his normal form. Goku didn't, if I recall (and do correct me if I'm wrong) use Kaio-ken until after Coola changed forms. Which would mean that he would have to be over 140 mil.

Or am I missing something/fudging up my memory?
That is accurate for the most part but we must remember that gaining large increases in power in a relatively short period is routine. The Daizenshuu states that Coola arrived sometime during the 3 years of training before the Artificial Humans arrived. Hence, there was plenty of time to reach the 140 million especially when training against Piccolo and Son Gohan. That is why he could slug Gero/Android 20 in base form later. It was implied after the Future Trunks incident with Freeza and Cold that the androids dwarfed Freeza in power.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 pm

We know Son can use the ten-times without an aura appearing. It's likely he was using that or even a higher multiplier before busting out a 20+ times.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Wojak
Regular

Post by Wojak » Sun May 03, 2009 1:13 pm

JulieYBM wrote:We know Son can use the ten-times without an aura appearing. It's likely he was using that or even a higher multiplier before busting out a 20+ times.
Agreed.

If the SSJ multiplication is counted as 50 times, and 10x or 20x kaioken could handle 4th form Cooler, then it must imply that Cooler got much stronger than that in his 5th form.
I think his power in his 5th form could be calculated as Goku's base times 40, as the Super Saiya-jin crushed Cooler's 5th form.

It's not odd to think that there would be a dramatic increase for Cooler in his 5th form, as every increase of Freeza's was dramatic, and got much higher for every form he changed into.
No more time for Daizex. Goodbye folks!

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun May 03, 2009 5:36 pm

Was it said in the movie that he was using kaioken x10 (without the aura)?

@Onikage: If Goku had a base PL of 10 million, then when he beat up 4th Form Cooler using kaioken x20, he'd have a PL of 200 million to Cooler's 140 million. Meanwhile SSJ would give him a PL of 500 million to Cooler's 450 million.

Though I also find 450 mil to be too high, it isn't implausible since he was at 3 million prior to his Freeza zenkai, training on Yardrat, and 2-3 years of training for the androids.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun May 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Goku did not used Kaioken until Cooler transformed which basically throw out of the window these battle powers as well the sense of the movie. How typical. :P

Saiyan-Professor
I Live Here

Post by Saiyan-Professor » Sun May 03, 2009 6:18 pm

I was thinking about this earlier, technically speaking wouldn’t the 140 million and 450 million of Coola’s 4th and 5th forms be official combat power levels post Namek? If so we could at least have sort of an idea of how strong Kakarrot was just prior to the Artificial Humans story arc. If so we could somewhat get an idea where everyone was at power wise up until Cell’s appearance.

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Sun May 03, 2009 6:19 pm

Dayspring wrote:Was it said in the movie that he was using kaioken x10 (without the aura)?

@Onikage: If Goku had a base PL of 10 million, then when he beat up 4th Form Cooler using kaioken x20, he'd have a PL of 200 million to Cooler's 140 million. Meanwhile SSJ would give him a PL of 500 million to Cooler's 450 million.

Though I also find 450 mil to be too high, it isn't implausible since he was at 3 million prior to his Freeza zenkai, training on Yardrat, and 2-3 years of training for the androids.
It wasn't said that he was. When he recovers (so we can possibly assume a recovery-based power-up) he charges up. This is intense enoguh to completely blow Sauza away. He then proceeds to fight Coola, and has the clear upper hand the whole way. That's why Coola goes to his next form so quickly. The only clear indication of him using Kaio-ken is when he can't lay a finger on Coola post-transformation (and it still doesn't do him a lick of good).

I generally assumed Coola to be in a similar state as Freeza just after transforming (before powering up to 50%). And rather than waste time at 50% or beef up to 100% of 4th form, he just decided to take the rare opportunity to show off his ultimate state.

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun May 03, 2009 6:28 pm

Saiyan-Professor wrote:I was thinking about this earlier, technically speaking wouldn’t the 140 million and 450 million of Coola’s 4th and 5th forms be official combat power levels post Namek? If so we could at least have sort of an idea of how strong Kakarrot was just prior to the Artificial Humans story arc. If so we could somewhat get an idea where everyone was at power wise up until Cell’s appearance.
Movies =/= Main storyline, thus no.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 03, 2009 7:03 pm

The Kaiô-ken seems to only appear when its in the higher levels. Son could be using lower levels of the technique and it just doesn't appear.
She/Her
bisexual milf

Senzu_Bean
I Live Here

Post by Senzu_Bean » Sun May 03, 2009 7:06 pm

JulieYBM wrote:The Kaiô-ken seems to only appear when its in the higher levels. Son could be using lower levels of the technique and it just doesn't appear.
:? Kaioken is always visible.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun May 03, 2009 7:17 pm

Senzu_Bean wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:The Kaiô-ken seems to only appear when its in the higher levels. Son could be using lower levels of the technique and it just doesn't appear.
:? Kaioken is always visible.
I fail to recall it being visibile when Son was duking it out with Freeza.
She/Her
bisexual milf

DNA
I Live Here

Post by DNA » Sun May 03, 2009 7:43 pm

So there's no interesting little tidbits about Zarbon & Dodoria, Ginew Tokusentai, Slug's henchmen or Bojack & Friends. What a pity :(

Pain

Post by Pain » Sun May 03, 2009 7:49 pm

DNA wrote:What a pity :(
DQ VIII reference?
Forum Occupation: Rebel/"The Spoiler"
Member #:2148
Post Rank: #33
Greatest Dragonball Successor: One Piece
Forum Role Model: SSj Kaboom

Bleach Title Of The Week: All Colour But the Black

DNA