Vegetto or Gogeta?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Vegetto or Gogeta?

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Apr 21, 2008 2:51 am

Which is stronger? This is excluding the time factor and SSJ4.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:11 am

Vegetto.

DemonKingPiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by DemonKingPiccolo » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:09 am

agree, Vegetto. I think Rou Dai Kaioshin says that Potara Fusion is better than Metamorphian Fusion.

However, he never specifes how they're better. :?
"There's a hole in the world like a great black pit
And it's filled with people who are filled with shit
And the vermin of the world inhabit it."
~Sweeney Todd

Kula
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kula » Mon Apr 21, 2008 5:52 am

Perhaps because the potara fusion is permanent, the bond is stronger between the characters. The fusion dance could be a weaker bond between the two.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Mon Apr 21, 2008 6:55 am

Mr. Satan
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Saiyavenger2941
Advanced Regular

Post by Saiyavenger2941 » Mon Apr 21, 2008 7:52 am

Jerseymilk wrote:Mr. Satan
You is the winrar.

Anyways, I'd like to think Vegetto is, honestly. I'm pretty sure we never saw the full extent of his power, since he was technically just toying with Buu, so... Yeah. Vegetto.
[color=#30966E][b]PROUDLY Straight-Edge. Arrogant. Gohan and Videl obsessed. BE JEALOUS![/b][/color]
---
[url=http://bit.ly/F3l7t]DA[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/2FC03o]FFNet[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pE5Xs]Youtube[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/lCOED]Facebook[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/rWFtp]Livejournal[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/zrd4v]Twitter[/url]|[url=http://bit.ly/pYRHD]Flickr[/url]|PSN: Saiyavenger

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Apr 21, 2008 8:26 am

DemonKingPiccolo wrote:agree, Vegetto. I think Rou Dai Kaioshin says that Potara Fusion is better than Metamorphian Fusion.

However, he never specifes how they're better. :?
Yes! This is what I've been telling people all along. He also said since they were rivals and complete opposite it made the fusion the best it could be.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

USSJed
Beyond Newbie

Post by USSJed » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:00 am

I say Vegetto, purely because the only Gogeta I have seen is the Super Saiyan Four varient. Bah, rot in hell SSJ4 Gogeta
Wow, unreal, my gosh....This is amazing! I feel incredible! Yes Yes Yes Yes! I can win, I feel great, I can do this eyah!
-Piccolo, the Super Namek

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:05 am

Fact- there is no way to know. Gogeta (not counting GT) only existed in a non-canon movie.

My opinion- Equal in terms of raw power. They're the same two guys fused. Potara is said to be better, not specifically stronger. You don't need similar height, powers of the two don't matter, bond is permanent and can't be undone by using too much ki or getting smacked hard- it's a true fusion.

In a fight with the two, Vegetto would win because Gogeta would run out of time or use up his power. The fight would be too even for Gogeta to get the quick victory the fusion dance requires.

And who's to say Rou Kaioshin's comment about their rivalry doesn't apply to Gogeta? He says their fusion works well because they are rivals. He doesn't say "because they are rivals, the Potarra gives them an exclusive x2.5 modifier to base power level as a bonus- take THAT stupid Metamora-jin!"
Last edited by Onikage725 on Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:13 pm

/thread

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Folks, let's all remember that you are expected to type more than a single word as a response on this forum. Thank you.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Apr 22, 2008 3:59 pm

It was always my knowledge (which I got from somewhere; I believe it was here on these forums) that the Potara fusion would create a stronger warrior over the Fusion dance. This is because that while the Fusion dance requires both individuals to be at the same power for the fusion to succeed (which according to this theory means that you're lacking the full power of the stronger individual), the Potara earrings do not require the individuals to be at the same power in order for them to fuse.

However, this theory may not be correct. We've seen that Gotenks can be formed by Goten and Trunks while they are not at their full power, but can tap into it when fighting against Majin Buu. Not only can they transform into Super Saiyajin, but they can transform into Super Saiyajin 3, a form which neither of them possess while apart. We also cannot tell visually when (or if) they were Super Saiyajin 2 while fused, but we presume because they've made it to Super Saiyajin 3. Most fans assume that Trunks and Goten cannot ascend to Super Saiyajin 2 when separated.

With Goku and Vegeta fused, in either form (Vegetto or Gogeta), we have no idea how strong they really are. We never see the limits of their power. We're not even sure that either of them are shown as Super Saiyajin 2 while fighting Buu or fighting Janemba, yet they play with the villains so easily. Speculation would assume that since Vegetto (in filler) could so easily handle Buu without Super Saiyajin, that Vegetto would never need to go Super Saiyajin 2 and if he did it would be dangerous for the planet.

Further speculation gets fuzzy, since (Super) Buu himself is a fused character, and we aren't sure how much power he's really getting while feeding off Gohan's power (since we're not sure how strong Gohan really is, or how useful Piccolo or the defused Goten and Trunks are). However, it's safe to say that we have no idea how strong Gogeta or Vegetto really are.

In the Janemba movie, Gogeta's already Super Saiyajin after fusion (and I believe Goku and Vegeta were not at Super Saiyajin at all while performing the dance). During the fight against Buu, I believe (and someone correct me if I'm wrong) that without the filler, Vegetto turns Super Saiyajin immediately after fusion.

So yeah, according to this new theory, we don't know who's stronger - Vegetto or Gogeta - because we never see the extents of their power. Course, this is just a show, and we should really just relax. :lol:
Last edited by veshira on Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:03 pm

Mr. Satan? Who the hell is that? H E R C U L E = God.

On topic; Vegetto, however I apologize for the lack of a huge explanation as to WHY. Hasn't this been discussed to death before on Daizex several times? :lol:

veshira
Regular

Post by veshira » Tue Apr 22, 2008 4:10 pm

Snail wrote:
Mr. Satan? Who the hell is that? H E R C U L E = God.
Well yes, and Mr. Satan's the devil. Course, now we're getting off topic.

Too keep on topic, I'd like to point out that Gogeta's filler. Gogeta's filler. Gogeta's filler.

Furthermore, the Buu saga's a mess, and GT's even worse. GT should never be used to speculate ANYTHING. Not Vegeta's haircut, not Pan's inability to go Super Saiyajin (and Gohan's lack of being able to go MYSTIC), and especially not Gogeta. Gogeta's the biggest of all inconsistencies in the series. (And if I'm wrong, make a topic and challenge that!)
What's scarier than a DBZ H-game?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLuBVyPsL5g]Fear the dancing![/url]

Zuhalter2000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Zuhalter2000 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:22 pm

Rocketman wrote:Vegetto.
I second that notion
[b]*Supporter of the Remastered Season Sets*[/b]
[quote="Tenshinhan (Ocean Dub)"]This three-eyed cowboy is going for one last ride![/quote]
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:Zuhalter2000[/url]

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Tue Apr 22, 2008 5:25 pm

Vegetto's stronger, but Gogeta's hotter. </weeaboo> ;D

Onikage725

Post by Onikage725 » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:46 pm

veshira wrote:It was always my knowledge (which I got from somewhere; I believe it was here on these forums) that the Potara fusion would create a stronger warrior over the Fusion dance. This is because that while the Fusion dance requires both individuals to be at the same power for the fusion to succeed (which according to this theory means that you're lacking the full power of the stronger individual), the Potara earrings do not require the individuals to be at the same power in order for them to fuse.
I thought that too for a time. However, I think Goku and Vegeta are close enough. Unlike Goten and Trunks, who had to synchronize, these two don't seem to. I don't remember if Goku says anything about it in movie 12 or not. But mostly Goku's extra strength seems to be from his extra transformation. They were dead even at SSJ2 in the Majin Vegeta fight. There are two theories on Vegeta after death- one that he loses power without the Majin spell and one that he doesn't and maybe gains power from dying and being restored.

Personally, I interpret the Majin spell as drawing out latent power, not adding an outside surpluss. So I've always assumed post-Majin Vegeta to still be pretty smexy in the power department.

So if they are equal in normal - SSJ2, then the power lowering shouldn't really be a huge factor, in my opinion. But that still leaves us at square one.
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

USSJed
Beyond Newbie

Post by USSJed » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:29 pm

Furthermore, the Buu saga's a mess, and GT's even worse. GT should never be used to speculate ANYTHING. Not Vegeta's haircut, not Pan's inability to go Super Saiyajin (and Gohan's lack of being able to go MYSTIC)...
Now in the manga, Elder Kai says that Mystic is a one off, twenty hour boost. I doubt Gohan can just transform whenever he wants to without that excessively long ritual.
Wow, unreal, my gosh....This is amazing! I feel incredible! Yes Yes Yes Yes! I can win, I feel great, I can do this eyah!
-Piccolo, the Super Namek

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:48 pm

Onikage725 wrote:Fact- there is no way to know. Gogeta (not counting GT) only existed in a non-canon movie.

In a fight with the two, Vegetto would win because Gogeta would run out of time or use up his power. The fight would be too even for Gogeta to get the quick victory the fusion dance requires.

And who's to say Rou Kaioshin's comment about their rivalry doesn't apply to Gogeta? He says their fusion works well because they are rivals. He doesn't say "because they are rivals, the Potarra gives them an exclusive x2.5 modifier to base power level as a bonus- take THAT stupid Metamora-jin!"
If you read the first post it said "excluding time limit and SSJ4". Kaioshin does not say exclusive modifier or anything like that, he simply said that because Goku and Vegeta were complete opposite it made the fusion better than one that was between Gohan and Goku or one like that.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

vicdmx
Not-So-Newbie

Post by vicdmx » Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:57 pm

(I think it is) Vegito because the Potara Fusion is lasts more (perhaps "last longer"?) and is stronger.