What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Son_Gohan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:46 am

Tanooki Kuribo wrote:I guess I'm the only person here that thinks those figures look like poop. :?
You're not alone. :?

KinoFourpaws
Regular

Post by KinoFourpaws » Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:14 am

mysteriousdbzgt wrote:For my birthday I got the Megahouse Desktop Real McCoy Son Goku and Banpresto Dragon Ball Kai Legend of Saiyan Figure 01, along with other non-related Dragon Ball items ^^

The... the Megahouse Goku. Do you happen to know from where it was ordered? .______.
I want I want so bad @_____@
Art, etc. links taken down for now. Will be updated at some point. I dunno.

I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE D:

Steam handle: KinoFourpaws. Want to shoot up some zambees?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:34 am

I picked up Kanzenban 16-20 (I'm slowly but surely getting there) and despite not really being into figures, I nabbed the One Piece x Dragonball figures where Goku and Luffy swap outfits.

mysteriousdbzgt
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by mysteriousdbzgt » Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:58 am

KinoFourpaws wrote:
mysteriousdbzgt wrote:For my birthday I got the Megahouse Desktop Real McCoy Son Goku and Banpresto Dragon Ball Kai Legend of Saiyan Figure 01, along with other non-related Dragon Ball items ^^

Snip
The... the Megahouse Goku. Do you happen to know from where it was ordered? .______.
I want I want so bad @_____@
The Megahouse Goku was ordered from this ebay seller, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/inx-station, but unfortunately it seems that they don't have any more in stock at the moment, since the listing isn't there any more. I always use them to buy DB figurines, since there stuff is always official and not bootleg.
Just another Dragon Ball fangirl in the world.

DB & Tiger and Bunny are my main fandoms, along with many other animes.

Deviantart Profile/ Tiger & Bunnyftw tumblr/ mysteriousdbzgt tumblr / My Anime List Profile

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:05 am

Dbzbabe wrote:
StarRot wrote: Chara Fortune Series Freeza Ver. by Megahouse. It's apparently a keychain, but all the pictures I’ve ever seen of it show no keychain parts …
I think there is also a little eraser shaped like Prince Vegeta. I'm sad there isn't any more figures of young Vegeta.

I read your post and thought I show you mine, I bought it last year at my Anime Central Convnetion where I live and it did come with the keychain! : )

*snip*
Oh, thanks!
That's really cute.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:57 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:I picked up Kanzenban 16-20 (I'm slowly but surely getting there) and despite not really being into figures, I nabbed the One Piece x Dragonball figures where Goku and Luffy swap outfits.
Watch out! Those were my first two figures. A friend bought them for me. Now, as quite a few people can attest to, I am quickly becoming obsessed. :lol:

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:14 am

CODii wrote:
Captain Awesome wrote:I picked up Kanzenban 16-20 (I'm slowly but surely getting there) and despite not really being into figures, I nabbed the One Piece x Dragonball figures where Goku and Luffy swap outfits.
Watch out! Those were my first two figures. A friend bought them for me. Now, as quite a few people can attest to, I am quickly becoming obsessed. :lol:
Heh, you're not wrong, I've spent at least a couple of hours pouring over some pictures of the One Piece Portrait of Pirates line, and I'm finding it difficult to resist.

DragonBoxZTheMovies
I Live Here

Post by DragonBoxZTheMovies » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:09 am

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =357207890
Do you guys think it's worth it?:

EDIT: Just realized you have to pick-up. :lol: Screw that!

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:16 am

Captain Awesome wrote:
CODii wrote:
Heh, you're not wrong, I've spent at least a couple of hours pouring over some pictures of the One Piece Portrait of Pirates line, and I'm finding it difficult to resist.
They're like Lays potato chips. You can't buy just one! I have purchased three figures in the short time since I received those Goku and Luffy figures.

Yeah the PoP line looks amazing. A bit out of my price range unfortunately.

ssjtrunks51
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssjtrunks51 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:44 am

CODii wrote: A bit out of my price range unfortunately.
Price range my ass. Cost and worth are different things, as you should know. In a few months time you'll be wondering why the RAH figs are so cheap. If you don't know what "RAH" is, PLEASE don't look it up. I'll bet you my whole collection and this comp that as soon as you see your first RAH, you can say bye-bye to one hundred and fifty of your well earned dollars. At least.

Kingdom Heartless
I Live Here

Post by Kingdom Heartless » Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:47 am

CODii wrote:
Yep, that was pretty much my first imported figure as well.
Yo! Cal's the name. Nice to meet you!
Lover of all that is pure and fun in the worlds of Dragon Ball, Jim Henson and so forth!
3DS Friend Code 1418-7854-8786. I'm always playing Pokemon, so PM me yours for Friend Safari and battling! :D

dragonfist
Beyond Newbie

Post by dragonfist » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:04 pm

ssjtrunks51 wrote:
Price range my ass. Cost and worth are different things, as you should know. In a few months time you'll be wondering why the RAH figs are so cheap. If you don't know what "RAH" is, PLEASE don't look it up. I'll bet you my whole collection and this comp that as soon as you see your first RAH, you can say bye-bye to one hundred and fifty of your well earned dollars. At least.

I did look it up due to your insistance and no I didn't part with 150 dollars so I am expecting both your computer and collections by mail no later than next week thank you. lol

On to the topic, I recently got my DB Movie One from Funimation, yay! This completes my movie collection.

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:10 pm

What came in the mail today:

GT Fan:
ImageImage
Front and back view.

Pins and keychain:

Little handtowels and a bandana:
ImageImage
I’ll probably use these to make something.

Pens:

Doujinshi:
ImageImageImage

Scarz
I Live Here

Post by Scarz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:11 pm

Where did you buy these?

StarRot
Advanced Regular

Post by StarRot » Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:19 pm

A friend sent me them from London.
But I'm pretty sure they pop up on eBay, from time to time. Just search "Dragonball capsule".

kingvegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by kingvegito » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:18 pm

My Desktop real Mccoy Vol. 2 Goku and Z Kai Vol. 4 shipped!

I also ordered Z Kai Vol. 5 and Dragon box 5.

CODii
Regular

Post by CODii » Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:48 pm

dragonfist wrote:
ssjtrunks51 wrote:

I did look it up due to your insistance and no I didn't part with 150 dollars so I am expecting both your computer and collections by mail no later than next week thank you. lol

On to the topic, I recently got my DB Movie One from Funimation, yay! This completes my movie collection.
Well since I was the "you" he was referring to, I believe the collection and computer are mine. :lol:
I understand that they're cool, but there is no way on Earth I could ever justify dropping such a large amount of money on a figure. Honestly, I max out at about $25. If it's much higher than that it simply is not worth it to me.

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:42 pm

These came in the mail today.

I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:12 pm

Captain Awesome wrote:
CODii wrote:
I know! Isn't it hard?! Those figures are something else! I already gave in and bought the DX Brotherhood piece, and I'm planning on getting a version of every single one of Luffy's "2 year time-skip crew" plus maybe some of the Red Hair pirates. I'll probably put DB collecting on a back-burner and turn my focus to OP since there's nothing being announced past May for DB toys atm. I might stick to the Figuarts Zero line though since it's still nice and cheaper than P.O.P. which reaches f***ing $100+ per figure on average becuase OP is blowing up in Japan atm. :/
Chibi Gohan wrote:These came in the mail today.
snip*
snip*
Excellent snag on the Pichi, for some reason I never liked the Buu piece though, he just looks weird to me lol. Still, nice buys.
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Chibi Gohan
Regular

Post by Chibi Gohan » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:07 pm

Raithos wrote:
Chibi Gohan wrote:These came in the mail today.
snip*
snip*
Excellent snag on the Pichi, for some reason I never liked the Buu piece though, he just looks weird to me lol. Still, nice buys.
Gotta admit that I wasn't too sure about the Buu myself at first, but I'm glad I got it now.
I have a Dragon Ball collection of sorts which can be seen here.