What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Re: What's your most recent Dragonball purchase?

Post by Raithos » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:14 am

Vegeta1984 wrote:
Raithos wrote:
Vegeta1984 wrote:Dragon Box 2 arrived, Box 6 should be here tomorrow... Then just have to wait til October.. The my DBZ TV Series DVD Collection is complete....

snip***
snip***
snip***
Sweetness is that from the Rightstuf sale? I'll be posting a similar pic soon, lol!
Yeah it was the only place that had it in stock.... I'll be posting Box 6 when it comes tomorrow...
Excellent, congrats on the grab!!! :D
Otaku at heart.
Come visit me and my collection here!

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:56 pm

Dragon Box 6 arrived today.... Only one to go.... Come on October...

XBox Live GamerTag - PSYCHO50501
http://www.facebook.com/daniel.j.williams3
BATMAN ARKHAM CITY - October 18, 2011

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:21 pm

Dammit, you haven't opened them, you have all 6 so far in the best condition!

I guess you're waiting for the last one to watch the whole series in one glorious marathon?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Mmm. Sexy. Hopefully my DBox 6 will be arriving any day now.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:22 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:Dammit, you haven't opened them, you have all 6 so far in the best condition!

I guess you're waiting for the last one to watch the whole series in one glorious marathon?
Yep.. I been pretty luck no dents or anything whats so ever... But yeah that's my plan...

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 pm

That's awesome. Too bad I won't recieve my Dragon Box Six for another two/three weeks considering where I live.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Sadly I wasn't able to get any Dragon Boxes in this sale. I think I still have time to get 6 and 7, but I need box 4. I hope it doesn't become as rare as the Coola steelbook. :cry:

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:54 am

Pokewhiz7 wrote:Sadly I wasn't able to get any Dragon Boxes in this sale. I think I still have time to get 6 and 7, but I need box 4. I hope it doesn't become as rare as the Coola steelbook. :cry:
Yeah, the sale's still on, but I'm not sure what you mean about Box 4. It looks like it's in stock.

As for purchases, a HQDX 3rd Form Freeza and DBox 7 preorder.
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:21 am

BluezaBladeNZ wrote:That's awesome. Too bad I won't recieve my Dragon Box Six for another two/three weeks considering where I live.
Oh damn that sucks.... It will be worth it... I'm half temped to open box six cause i want to watch some Majin Vegeta lol....

BluezaBladeNZ
Regular

Post by BluezaBladeNZ » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:06 am

I would of got it by now if I chose Express shipping but that's a bit too pricey for me right now.

Vegeta1984
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vegeta1984 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:15 am

Yeah I always go with the free shipping on Amazon...

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:43 am

got some additions to my db videogame archive :P
(the worst) DBZ Game ever, and a very good one for the gba .. both in a very good condition ... Euro Versions.

spend ~ 10$ including shipping ^^

Son Satan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Satan » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:53 pm

Oh god, is that Taiketsu? I remember getting it back in the day when I was 7 or 8... thought it was the best game ever. :lol:
DanielGClapp wrote:Every time my dad sees anything anime, he always say "When are these goddam Japs gonna learn how to draw?".

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Son Satan wrote:
Pokewhiz7 wrote:Sadly I wasn't able to get any Dragon Boxes in this sale. I think I still have time to get 6 and 7, but I need box 4. I hope it doesn't become as rare as the Coola steelbook. :cry:
Yeah, the sale's still on, but I'm not sure what you mean about Box 4. It looks like it's in stock.
There was a rumor off some website that boxes 1-4 have been discontinued already. I couldn't get box 4 during the Amazon sale because they ran out or something or other, so I bought box 5 during the sale.

Krycek7o2
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Krycek7o2 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:39 pm

So, it's finally here!

And it fits snugly behind The Movies boxset.

The odd-ball in my singles.

oldboy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by oldboy88 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:17 pm

Son Satan wrote:Oh god, is that Taiketsu? I remember getting it back in the day when I was 7 or 8... thought it was the best game ever. :lol:
sometimes its like that, its not about the game quality, but the memories around that time ...
for me it was the same when i got a copy of Final Bout in my Hands and that was around a time in Germany were only every fifth citizen max had an 56K Modem or a CD Burner ... for me, it was a dragonball-fucking awesome 3-D Fighting Game with characters i didnt even know about :

sumpter360
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Location: St. Peters, MO - Currently applying for Residency at Hinata Apartments :)

Post by sumpter360 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:38 pm

Just pre-ordered DBZ Level 1.1, and the Dragon Ball Z Movie Pack off RightStuf!

I'm SUPER psyched to get Level 1.1 (and the rest of the series). I grew up on the Faulconer dub before obtaining an appreciation, and later a preference, for the original Japanese dub, so the Faulconer dub will always have a place in my heart.

As far as the Movie Pack goes, I already own the Steelbooks in Blu-ray format, so this is just a curiosity purchase. Unless FUNi does something crazy like give us a new dub for the movies **crosses fingers in naive hopefulness** then I likely won't be picking up the following Movie Packs.

Off-topic, I got to use my dorm address for the first time ever!!! College in a week, WOOT :mrgreen:
I am neither subbie nor dubbie, I am all that is good: I am a FANBOY!

PSN ID (on PS4): sumpter360
YouTube Account: TheDbG33K
Twitter Account: https://twitter.com/dbG33K
Tumblr Blog: http://g33kout.tumblr.com

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:05 pm

sumpter360 wrote:Just pre-ordered DBZ Level 1.1, and the Dragon Ball Z Movie Pack off RightStuf!

I'm SUPER psyched to get Level 1.1 (and the rest of the series). I grew up on the Faulconer dub before obtaining an appreciation, and later a preference, for the original Japanese dub, so the Faulconer dub will always have a place in my heart.

As far as the Movie Pack goes, I already own the Steelbooks in Blu-ray format, so this is just a curiosity purchase. Unless FUNi does something crazy like give us a new dub for the movies **crosses fingers in naive hopefulness** then I likely won't be picking up the following Movie Packs.

Off-topic, I got to use my dorm address for the first time ever!!! College in a week, WOOT :mrgreen:
How nice. It'll feel so nice when I can get my parcels without annoying jabs from the rents, moving out soon? Yeah.
Otaku at heart.

SolarBlade52
Beyond Newbie

Post by SolarBlade52 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:14 pm

I just got my Dragon Box 6 yesterday as well as Part 5 of Kai. Beautiful consistent quality as always. Once I get the Dragon Box 7 and the remaining parts of Kai, I will be done collection Z for good (Unless the DBox Movies are released).

Raithos
Advanced Regular

Post by Raithos » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:03 pm

Just got in the Capsule Neo Cell set and I must say.
Blah. The piece I wanted the most which was the Semi Perfect Cell and Vegeta wasn't up to my expectations at all. All the pieces are ok, nothing stands out to me though. They look ten times better in the promotional pictures and even on the box itself. Actual figure quality is sub par at best. I have a few Megahouse pieces like this, so I was hoping they would have improved the quality on them with this being a new set and all but I guess not. My favourite piece from these Megahouse gashapon type sets will always be the SSJ3 Gotenks. Superb. Anyway, I was going to take photos and open the rest but I said screw it and just stopped halfway through. I'll probably end up chucking this in the garbage or giving them away as little freebies when I mail out parcels to people when I'm selling stuff. And more than likely the last of these types of sets that I pick up. Oh, except for the one on it's way from rightstuf. I hope that Vegetto piece is at least good.
Otaku at heart.