Hardest or Most Painful Blows of the DBZ Movies

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:21 am

VegettoEX wrote:At work so I can't take a screenie, but in DBZ movie 7 when #13 picks up Vegeta and cracks the guy's back right over his knee... that's the one that does it for me.
Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't just focusing on the damn punch to the Dragon Balls. :P

C'mon guys. Surely that isn't the ONLY hardest hitting attack that you can think of. What about Goku plowing right through Slug's chest (even though it's been done again with Gohan going right through Garlic Jr. in the TV series)?

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:26 am

I think it's because most of the movie fights tend to be pretty formulaic, they screw around for a while, then finish up with a super move, I've seen all the movies countless times, and right now I'm having trouble recalling anything.

So either my memory is horrible, or nothing really stood out to me.

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:40 am

Castor Troy wrote:Image

For all eternity...
Oh Jesus. I'm looking at that gif and listening to the YouTube video posted above at the same time. Ouch. XD

This one would have to be the one I can find the most painful in the series, since it's the only one I can think of at the moment.
Chuquita wrote:
Not to stray off-topic, but oh man, hilarious animation error at 0:05. :lol:
*snippet*
I couldn't help myself. :P

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:15 am

Super 13 punching Goku in the nuts...and gotenks being flung into the ground in movie 13 where they de-fused [which isnt really possible]

Mike D
Regular

Post by Mike D » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:32 pm

Magica wrote:
Vogeta meet Woll Smoth.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:11 pm

Tsukento wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one who isn't just focusing on the damn punch to the Dragon Balls. :P

C'mon guys. Surely that isn't the ONLY hardest hitting attack that you can think of.
There's a reason it gets so much focus:

No Goten in this universe!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Son being sliced with Janemba's sword? Ultimate Gohan owning Freeza, too.

A punch so powerful the guy explodes!
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

DominatorLost
Beyond Newbie

Post by DominatorLost » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:17 am

Castor Troy wrote:Image

For all eternity...
Is it strange that I'm not effected by seeing this?

Acid_Reign
Advanced Regular

Post by Acid_Reign » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:54 am

Definitely Gohan having his face used to dig through concrete (or whatever substance was used for that building) in Movie 8. I don’t see how anyone could live through that period, let alone without brain damage. I guess Saiyans really do have thick skulls. :P

Of course, Broly getting thrown into the sun doesn’t sound too fun either.
Rocketman wrote:No Goten in this universe!
Holy shit, I hadn’t even noticed that! Damn, I knew it was painful, but I never knew it was that bad!

Haseowolf
Patreon Supporter

Post by Haseowolf » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:02 pm

Yeah, I can think of some.

The worst would have to be during the Post-Shinseiju Tullece vs. Goku.

The fast punch as Goku tries to follow him using Kaio ken x10 and the onslaught afterwards involving many haymakers and the like before blasting him in the back multiple times.

Goku getting crushed by Dr. Uiro's Out-of-the-Atmosphere blast assault.

Them's my two for now.
[[ Saber_Breaker ]]
Want even MORE Dragon Ball podcast goodness? Check out We Gotta Podcast on Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere else you get your podcasts.

SSJmole
Advanced Regular

Post by SSJmole » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:14 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Ultimate Gohan owning Freeza, too.

A punch so powerful the guy explodes!

This was both my answer to this and one of the most surprising moments of the film the first I watched it I was like "Ha Gohan your about to get your ass kicked" *gohan punches frieza making him explode* :shock: "that .... that's just .. just .. wrong so very very wrong"

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:29 pm

Haseowolf wrote:The worst would have to be during the Post-Shinseiju Tullece vs. Goku.

The fast punch as Goku tries to follow him using Kaio ken x10 and the onslaught afterwards involving many haymakers and the like before blasting him in the back multiple times.
Oof, what about that time where Tullece knocks him down, then just before Goku lands, Tullece appears below him and rams his knee into Goku's gut, then smashes him into the ground?

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:40 pm

I think I've pointed this scene out way too many times. Here we go again.

Broly sliding Gohan's face across a building wall. Then again, it's not really an impactful 'blow' :(

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:55 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Haseowolf wrote:The worst would have to be during the Post-Shinseiju Tullece vs. Goku.

Oof, what about that time where Tullece knocks him down, then just before Goku lands, Tullece appears below him and rams his knee into Goku's gut, then smashes him into the ground?
After which he proceeded to stomp on his head.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 pm

Snail wrote:I think I've pointed this scene out way too many times. Here we go again.

Broly sliding Gohan's face across a building wall. Then again, it's not really an impactful 'blow' :(
Painful as hell, though.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:14 pm

VegettoEX wrote:At work so I can't take a screenie, but in DBZ movie 7 when #13 picks up Vegeta and cracks the guy's back right over his knee... that's the one that does it for me.
Man, I forgot how harsh that movie was.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 pm

Bussani wrote:
Man, I forgot how harsh that movie was.
Yeah. Between the shot to the balls and that back breaker...ouch.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:23 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

TriforceCaptre
Beyond Newbie

Post by TriforceCaptre » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:38 pm

One that always stood out for me was in the first Broly movie. Broly just grabs Vegeta by the face and slams him into this huge boulder or mountain (I forget what exactly, but it was a large rocky object) creating a huge crater as a result. Then he just holds him there putting pressure on Vegeta's face/head until he passes out. Pretty rough stuff.
"There's ten thousand reasons to survive, but you only needed one to die." -CKY-

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:39 pm

Kunzait_83 wrote:I always liked in movie 4 how when Goku first goes Giji SSJ, he catches Slug's incoming fist, bends the wrist back the wrong way, lighting Slug’s hand on fire in the process, before landing a punch of his own that also lights Slug's face on fire momentarily.

Also in movie 4 there's Piccolo blowing Dorodabo's head off; that's always good for some laughs.
Whether you like the dub or not, I love that scene in the dub. As soon as Goku catches that punch, Stupify by Disturbed starts up! I love that band and the song, so it was that much more powerful.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"