Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:11 am

Gozar wrote:
Snail wrote:
Gozar wrote:Bleh, I hate to say it but this Box Set looks like a huge step backwards from the past few sets.

Let me ask to anyone who has this already...Where did you pre-order from? Deep Discount? Rightstuf? I'd like to cancel my order on Amazon and order to get it sooner.
Oh come on, the set will be in stores everywhere within a mere week or two (?) Patience, young grasshoppah.
I hate being patient. XD
Patient? Pfft.

The first DBZ DVDs I owned were just bought LAST MONTH. And that was Season One, for $20.

Calling waiting until street date "patient" is ridiculous. =p

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:12 am

Super Ghost Kamikaze wrote:
Gozar wrote:
Snail wrote: Oh come on, the set will be in stores everywhere within a mere week or two (?) Patience, young grasshoppah.
I hate being patient. XD
Patient? Pfft.

The first DBZ DVDs I owned were just bought LAST MONTH. And that was Season One, for $20.

Calling waiting until street date "patient" is ridiculous. =p
But...I'm a rabid fan boy who wants his butchered film. :lol:

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:13 am

Gozar wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
Gozar wrote: Strangest thing is, I enjoyed a lot of Menza's Movie scores. But his GT was just terrible.
I suppose your right there, thinking about it, i kind of enjoyed *some* of them. But still, he has nothing on Faulconer.
Yeah, I found Movie's 6, 9, & 12 to be very enjoyable scores. So apparently every 3 Movies since Menza started on them were good :P

At least IMO.
Strange he didn't do the same for GT. It might of been a different experience then.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:16 am

DBHighDefinition wrote:
Gozar wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote: I suppose your right there, thinking about it, i kind of enjoyed *some* of them. But still, he has nothing on Faulconer.
Yeah, I found Movie's 6, 9, & 12 to be very enjoyable scores. So apparently every 3 Movies since Menza started on them were good :P

At least IMO.
Strange he didn't do the same for GT. It might of been a different experience then.
Without a doubt. I heard that the reason Faulconer left FUNi was because they wanted him to change his style...But do they really think than what we got from Menza was better? Seriously, out of the 64 Episodes of GT, the only Episode that I enjoyed the music through the entire way was Episode 64. =/

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:21 am

Snail wrote:I have a question. What exactly is the symbol behind Piccolo on the cover? Let's recap, we've had the Kaio symbol for Season 1, 2, 4, and 5, and the turtle symbol for season 3. So, the World Tournament, or Kami symbol perhaps concerning season 7?

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:22 am

Gozar wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
Gozar wrote: Yeah, I found Movie's 6, 9, & 12 to be very enjoyable scores. So apparently every 3 Movies since Menza started on them were good :P

At least IMO.
Without a doubt. I heard that the reason Faulconer left FUNi was because they wanted him to change his style...But do they really think than what we got from Menza was better? Seriously, out of the 64 Episodes of GT, the only Episode that I enjoyed the music through the entire way was Episode 64. =/
You are correct. FUNi fired him becuase he didn't want to change his style, and i actually emailed FUNi about him, they actually replied telling me thats the reason.

Going a bit off topic...Dameon Clarke accepted my friend invite on YouTube!! Wahoooo!
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Kienzan88gt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kienzan88gt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:24 am

JulieYBM wrote:Say, how accurate is the dub in this season anyhow?

Again, thanks for the SSj2 Gohan clip.

Think we can get one of the Paikuhan fight (same audio)? 8) :wink:

Cookies are in mail, yes.
Sure thing but let me know what scenes you'll want, cause if you don't tell me then I'll just pick a clip from the scene where Goku is Super Saiya-jin fighting Paikuhan :P I'm done for tonight though, heading to bed after We Were Angels is finished uploading to Youtube.

Here is We Gotta Power from the set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkCsYgNgZHg
Last edited by Kienzan88gt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snail

Post by Snail » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:26 am

DBHighDefinition wrote:
Gozar wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote: Strange he didn't do the same for GT. It might of been a different experience then.
You are correct. FUNi fired him becuase he didn't want to change his style, and i actually emailed FUNi about him, they actually replied telling me thats the reason.
Any proof of that email sir? Seems like a rather blunt and odd reason.

Yes, I'm extending to this tumor of a quote box for shits and giggles.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:27 am

Hmm, We Gotta Power seems to have more random damage than the 4:3 clips I've seen.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:30 am

I'd gladly show it to you, only problem is that its on one my old yahoo accounts which i haven't used in years. I'll try and get in them again, and if i have any luck, I'll come back here with a screenshot.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:48 am

Gozar wrote:Yeah, I found Movie's 6, 9, & 12 to be very enjoyable scores. So apparently every 3 Movies since Menza started on them were good :P
*bangs head on desk repeatedly*

Nathan Johnson. Nathan. Johnson. Did. Movie. 12. I think a fourth of my posts have been spent pointing that out. I'm sorry. I bet I sound like a dick right now. It's just a huge pet peeve. :wink: Regarding Menza, though, the only piece I liked from his movie 6 score was the music that played when Gohan, Kuririn, and Piccolo were destroying the robots. His movie 9 score put me to sleep. But I think the opening he composed for the movies (which is currently being used on the season sets) is the best dub opening the series has had. Other than that, though, he's pretty forgettable, as far as I'm concerned.

Eh, opening 2 looks okay-ish, I guess. I guess I'll just have to wait for movie ten in the double features to see it in motion and know for sure.

Ooh, I have a question. I was curious about this. On the dub music track, what music plays in the second ending? Is it the same tune that played with ending 1, or is it the dub movie ending song, or what?
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:51 am

Well, not sure if this is the dub track, BUT...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4efOZbNWOE
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

Kienzan88gt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kienzan88gt » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:52 am

Here is We Were Angels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxU4KCvy_X8

@ MagicBox
On the Dub Music track for the second ending, its the same tune that played with ending 1 =/.

Well I'm heading to bed, I'll have more clips up tomorrow, specifically the Goku vs Paikuhan one ^^.
Last edited by Kienzan88gt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:58 am

Kienzan88gt wrote:@ MagicBox
On the Dub Music track for the second ending, its the same tune that played with ending 1 =/.
Wow, that's incredibly... awkward. I mean, it kinda suited the first ending, with the animation and all, but that's just gonna be random when paired with the second ending animation. Regardless, I'll stick with "We Were Angels." Gotta be one of my favorite songs ever.

'Ppreciate it, man. Thanks a bunch.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

Tsukento
I Live Here

Post by Tsukento » Tue Nov 04, 2008 12:59 am

DBHighDefinition wrote:No one can resist Bruce "almighty" Faulconer. XD
I can. Simply because that "music" represents a fake Dragon Ball Z.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/TsukentoX]YouTube Profile[/url]

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:10 am

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

Gozar
Advanced Regular

Post by Gozar » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:16 am

MagicBox wrote:
Gozar wrote:Yeah, I found Movie's 6, 9, & 12 to be very enjoyable scores. So apparently every 3 Movies since Menza started on them were good :P
*bangs head on desk repeatedly*

Nathan Johnson. Nathan. Johnson. Did. Movie. 12. I think a fourth of my posts have been spent pointing that out. I'm sorry. I bet I sound like a dick right now. It's just a huge pet peeve. :wink: Regarding Menza, though, the only piece I liked from his movie 6 score was the music that played when Gohan, Kuririn, and Piccolo were destroying the robots. His movie 9 score put me to sleep. But I think the opening he composed for the movies (which is currently being used on the season sets) is the best dub opening the series has had. Other than that, though, he's pretty forgettable, as far as I'm concerned.
LOL, nah, you don't sound like a dick. Thanks for correcting me. I'd hate to incorrectly say that in more places.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:20 am

Tsukento wrote:
The real Dragon Ball has no music. :P

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:57 am

Rocketman wrote:
Tsukento wrote:
The real Dragon Ball has no music. :P
But the real Dragonball Zeeeeeee does.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 Discussion

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:59 am

Kienzan88gt wrote:Season 8 trailer coming soon, heres the screenshot of season 8 box art for now:

So would that mean that this cover was just a mistake due to there being no Majin Vegeta in this season?

Note how much higher Vegeta is on the Season Eight cover.

I'm glad they're getting back to using relevant characters...