VIZ DBZ Manga translations

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:54 am

Oh...well, this won't really add to whether I'm right or wrong, but I meant

"Viz published DBZ starting from DB volume 17 1/2 (or something), and called in DB volume 17."

Typo...but either, way, now I'm confused. Now...anyone know what was supposed to be on the spinal picture? I'm thinking it's the remainder of Bulma's bike.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.

SDHero
Beyond Newbie

Post by SDHero » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:33 pm

SaiyaJedi wrote:
PsyLiam wrote:The US version of #16 has the extra stuff taken from the beginning of Japanese #17 put on the end, but it's still 80% the same as the Japanese version, and therefore should have the same picture on the spine that the Japanese version of #16 has.
This is a known problem... I sent in for a replacement (and you could, as well). Info is here:
http://www.viz.com/news/newsroom/2004/08_dbrecall.php

8)
What happens after December 31st? Will there be a new edition with the corrected spine cover? If so, I'll just wait to purchase it as I'm only up to DB GN #10 right now anyway.
SJ Dragonball Graphic Novel, Volume 9, page 60. That is all.

PsyLiam
I Live Here

Post by PsyLiam » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:01 pm

I think the corrected version will be out before then. All they are saying is that they'll only do exchanges up until then.
Romana: "I don't think we should interfere."
Doctor: "Interfere? Of course we should interfere! Always do what you're best at, that's what I say."
[i]-Doctor Who: Nightmare Of Eden[/i]

*PINHEAD*
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by *PINHEAD* » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:41 pm

Damn my forgetfulness...I forgot that I own tankoubon 16...
So anywho, yah, the spinal picture is the back of Bulma's bike.
I was voted "most unique" and "most likely to become the next existential thinker" in high school.