Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragonball Vs. Non Dragonball

Post by rereboy » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Kaboom wrote:
mysticboy wrote:The Superman vs. Spidey scans: Can we even consider crossovers canon?
When they depict Spidey kicking ass? Definitely.
I think I remember reading that comic. Superman was affected by magic or kriptonite, something like that. The moment he returned to normal, spider-man attacks weren't able to even move him.

I think this is a scan of that moment:

So, yeah, those previous scans don't really mean anything.
dbgtFO wrote:
dario03 wrote:
mysticboy wrote:The Superman vs. Spidey scans: Can we even consider crossovers canon?
That is probably the crossover where Lex Luthor and one of Spiderman's enemies tricks Spidey and Supes into fighting and while they are fighting Luthor uses a red solar radiation beam to power up Spiderman (which could also weaken Superman but I'm not sure if it did or not).
Correct.
The red sun radiation negated Superman's invunerability, but after it wore off, this happened:
Ah, you beat me to it.

Silkman3003
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Silkman3003 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:13 pm

How far would Biollante(from the godzilla movie) get in the Dragonball/ Dragonball z universe?

The monster plant has to fight people one by one. Gauntlet style. (and will get healed after every battle)
Wiki
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Biollante

How far does she get?

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:13 am

First Piccolo dies then Yamucha, Tenshinhan, and even Kuririn (after being scared shitless) . Gohan also dies then Trunks, only Toei Punch can save us.

Next Round:

Kame-shin'nin vs. Just about every female from Eiken
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:53 pm

What about... Super Vegetto vs Chuck Noris! :lol:
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:17 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:What about... Super Vegetto vs Chuck Noris! :lol:
Base Vegetto wins hands down.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:22 pm

Well, Chuck can do this. Could Vegetto survive this power?
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:38 pm

Vegetto is too swag to die from cheap tricks, even if it's Chuck Norris using them.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:49 pm

Chuck Norris' power level is probably... somewhere higher than the random farmer, but lower than Mr. Satan. Anyone with any real amount of strength at all could beat him. The only chance Chuck Norris has is if they both ended up being transported into some sort of evil alternate universe based on Internet memes before the fight started.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:53 pm

Even if they were both transported to an alternate universe based on Internet memes, base Vegetto could still obliterate Chuck Norris so hard with merely a glance that his soul would be destroyed, effectively killing him twice, and he'd literally disappear from existence.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Meme Chuck Norris eats black holes.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:58 pm

Vegetto eats meme Chucks Norrises.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:16 pm

Something I've been wondering about every now and then that may or may not belong in this thread...
I'm curious as to how Dragonball/Z would work if adapted into the Marvel universe, while trying to keep most of the DB/Z storyline in tact, but opening up the possibility for not just encounters between characters, but clashes of the different elements (for instance, how in the world could DB-style death fit into a Marvel universe? Granted, death in the Marvel universe is weird enough as it is...).

On the flipside, what if Marvel / DC events were set in the DB universe? I'm going to go ahead and assume that suupaaman is an example of how Toriyama would handle it, so I'm specifically thinking in terms of it not being used as a gag. :P

For the first case, I'd have to wonder if they'd try to have DB take place on Earth, or on its own planet. I'd find the former more interesting, but the latter would be way easier.

Also, I've decided that our world and DB both take place in the Wheel of Time universe. Due to his ability to resurrect the dead, Shenron is therefore the dark one. :P
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

mysticboy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mysticboy » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:15 pm

Chuck is too swagged out for anything.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:27 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:Even if they were both transported to an alternate universe based on Internet memes, base Vegetto could still obliterate Chuck Norris so hard with merely a glance that his soul would be destroyed, effectively killing him twice, and he'd literally disappear from existence.
Meme Chuck Norris was absurdly huge at its peak. It seems like it would pop up on any kind of message board or comments section and people would quote Chuck facts in real life. Meme Vegetto is basically just this site, youtube videos directly related to dbz or at least anime, and maybe other dbz sites. And Meme Chuck Norris could basically do anything.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Both of them catch the dreaded overrated virus and die horribly, forever.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:35 pm

Neither Vegetto or Chuck ever catch viruses, viruses catch them.
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:38 pm

Catch them and murder the shit out of them, yeap.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:43 pm

No, the viruses die. :D
fadeddreams5 wrote:

Perfect
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Perfect » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:10 pm

Silkman3003 wrote:How far would Biollante(from the godzilla movie) get in the Dragonball/ Dragonball z universe?

The monster plant has to fight people one by one. Gauntlet style. (and will get healed after every battle)
Wiki
http://godzilla.wikia.com/wiki/Biollante

How far does she get?
I doubt it'd make it past anyone with power as great or greater than Roshi's at the 22nd TB.
Fox666 wrote:It seems you have pissed a lot of people on this forum, and I am quite sure they would like to call you stupid and say that's the designated adjectives for you. But they don't do that because of there are rules in this community.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 7:21 pm

Going from what I can remember from Godzilla vs. Biollante is that Biollante was able to grow back her head after it was rip off and Biollante's sap spray is strong enough to eat through diamond. Her attacks have a limit to their range from what I can recall and I guess she could make it up to 22nd TB.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/