The extent of Garlic Jr's immortality

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nippolyte
Not-So-Newbie

The extent of Garlic Jr's immortality

Post by Nippolyte » Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:34 pm

Don't know if this has been discussed before, but what do you think the extent of Garlic Jr's immortality is? Like what would happen if someone blasted him to pieces? Or better yet, what would happen if Buu turned him into chocolate and ate him? Discuss.

Super Vegito
Beyond Newbie

Re: The extent of Garlic Jr's immortality

Post by Super Vegito » Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:15 pm

Immortal just means you can't die. So he can still be absorbed, but if he were to mortally "die", he would just continue to live or come back (regenerate, depending on how severe the physical injury is). Similar to how Freeza and Cell are immortal in hell (in DBGT) and how they cope with injuries.
Last edited by Super Vegito on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:32 pm

He would regenerate, most likely.

I guess he'd live in Boo's stomach forever, unless Boo #2's him out.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

SonGokuh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by SonGokuh » Thu Dec 09, 2010 10:35 pm

I'm of the opinion that he would either regnerate from virtually any injury or if smashed to pieces, would continue to exist.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:17 am

The chances are that he will regen from dust if he was hit by a full power attack from Gogeta or Omega Shenron. If he was turn into a candy from Buu or stone from Dabura then he will likey be candy or stone forever.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:19 am

He seemed to just regenerate in the filler arc. I compared it to Yakumo Fujii and the other Wu from 3x3 Eyes, who will eventually reform even if reduced to dust. I guess I think of it like a permanent version of Shenlong bringing someone back to life. But yeah, being immortal doesn't mean you can't be trapped, frozen, transformed, etc.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

cpd12589
Beyond Newbie

Post by cpd12589 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 am

I think Garlic Jr would just regenerate like many of you have been saying. Him being immortal doesn't mean he's invulnerable so he obviously can still take damage. Regeneration just seems like the only plausible explanation.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:22 pm

Immortal means you can't die. Which means that even if he recieved an injury that should kill a mortal person, like getting blasted into pieces, he'd be able to regenerate from it. As Super Saiyan Turlast x4 said, if Boo turned him into chocolate, he'd likely live inside Boo's stomach until Boo shat him out (if he can even do that).
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Coycoy88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Coycoy88 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:52 am

Here's something Iv'e wondered. What if Garlic Jr was completely vaporized, like Cell and Kid Buu were? If there is nothing left of you, what's there to regenerate?
My Youtube account (Coycoy88)

I primarily rip and upload unreleased Faulconer Productions music, as well as some other American dub music.

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:52 am

Coycoy88 wrote:Here's something Iv'e wondered. What if Garlic Jr was completely vaporized, like Cell and Kid Buu were? If there is nothing left of you, what's there to regenerate?
I assume he'd continue to exist as a spirit or something like that.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 am

If Garlic Jr was completey vaporized then I think he might be born back to his normal body maybe similar to Doomsday.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

CatouttaHell
Advanced Regular

Post by CatouttaHell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:38 am

To follow up on my previous post, I'm assuming that he quite literally cannot die no matter what. Even if Boo eats him or he gets vaporised or whatever else he will somehow come back, no matter how illogical the way may be. The fact that he was defeated twice and both times they had to seal him away, with not even a hint being given anywhere that there was anyway for him to die just tells me that there's virtually no other way to get rid of him.
Rocketman wrote:Where you born unable to understand jokes or is this the result of years of hard training?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:50 am

Coycoy88 wrote:Here's something Iv'e wondered. What if Garlic Jr was completely vaporized, like Cell and Kid Buu were? If there is nothing left of you, what's there to regenerate?
Being vaporized wouldn't stop Shenlong restoring you to life, right? I assume immortality granted by him would work along the same lines.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Daimo-Rukiri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:16 pm

The only way to kill .JR is to use the Dragon Balls and wish that he was mortal again. Immortal means he can never die even without a body.

I always wished he was sent to the sun kinda like Bebi was.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:32 pm

Daimo-Rukiri wrote:The only way to kill .JR is to use the Dragon Balls and wish that he was mortal again. Immortal means he can never die even without a body.
Can you wish away the immortality of someone beyond the power of the dragon? I mean, you can wish someone stronger than the dragon back to life, but you can't wish them dead, soo...interesting question.

NeoKING
Advanced Regular

Post by NeoKING » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:30 am

Garlic Jr's immortal until he dies.

Have fun.

Garlic
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Garlic » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Garlic jr is beast,he is without a doubt my favourite villlan in the entire franchise. I love his desighn and spite he holds towards kami.I know a lot of people despise the garlic jr saga but it was the best in my opinion.Akiria kayima was awsome as him,Chiba rules but I wish they could have gotten Kayima back.Chuck huber is good in the movie but in the saga he gets stuck with crappy dialouge.Don brown Is my favourite english VA for him.Huber makes him sound good but it`s too much like his pilaf. :mrgreen:
Rocketman wrote:
but what does 18 do that transcends her stereotype?

Beat the shit out of an egotistical prick

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 pm

He can be killed by Vegetto or the Blade of Olympus.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:44 pm

Rocketman wrote:He can be killed by Vegetto or the Blade of Olympus.
Then he wouldn't be immortal, would he? Not even the almighty power of Super Vegetto would be able to kill an immortal.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.