Favorite member of the Ginyu Force?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Favorite member of the Ginyu Force?

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:18 pm

I've always thought the Ginyu Force was hilarious, how they're constantly dancing around, betting on fights with candy, striking poses, etc. My favorite member is Burter. I love how Burter is always saying "I'm the fastest warrior in the universe!" over and over again. If I had to pick a second, it would be Jeice or Guldo.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Favorite member of the Ginyu Force?

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Probably Recoom, although that's probably because he got the most attention out of them all (apart from Ginyu). He's just one of those juggernaut characters who looks like he can tank anything. Overall, he's a goofy, flamboyant, towering brute who effortlessly beats down Vegeta, Kuririn and Gohan in a spectacular manner and names all of his attacks after himself.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

Codarik
Advanced Regular

Post by Codarik » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Ginyu, because I really like his body change technique. He also seems to be the smartest one of the group.

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:08 pm

Codarik wrote:Ginyu, because I really like his body change technique. He also seems to be the smartest one of the group.
That's not really saying much. None of them seem to be that smart. :lol:

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:16 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Codarik wrote:Ginyu, because I really like his body change technique. He also seems to be the smartest one of the group.
Well, I don't think that's right. Acting goofy and making elaborate poses doesn't mean you're dumb. They appear to have average intelligence.

But Captain Ginyu probably is the smartest one of the group by default, since he's the captain.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

MajinVegetaSSj6
Beyond Newbie

Post by MajinVegetaSSj6 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:23 pm

Ginyu, but i don't like very much the Ginyu Force...

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Well, I don't think that's right. Acting goofy and making elaborate poses doesn't mean you're dumb. They appear to have average intelligence.

But Captain Ginyu probably is the smartest one of the group by default, since he's the captain.
Well I suppose you're right, although that's not the reason I think they're dumb. Intelligence wise, they're not dumb. I think they're dumb for other reasons.

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm

Pokewhiz7 wrote:
Piccolo Daimao wrote:
Pokewhiz7 wrote:That's not really saying much. None of them seem to be that smart. :lol:

Well I suppose you're right, although that's not the reason I think they're dumb. Intelligence wise, they're not dumb. I think they're dumb for other reasons.
OK, then.

kaialone
Regular

Post by kaialone » Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:35 pm

Mmhh I cant decide :( they're all interesting in their unique way .But If I´d had to choose I would pick Ginyu
-凯

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:00 am

Recoom, because of the way he's portrayed(check Piccolo Daimao's 1st post) and his ridiculously funny japanese voice.

Snail
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Snail » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:49 am

Winning.

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:51 am

I don't like picking favorites that much, but I always thought Guldo was a cool guy. He had interesting abilities.
酷签名

Nineteen
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nineteen » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:06 am

Burter had the best personality, but man, Guldo could have been extremely useful had his character stuck around past-Namek.
Dr. Gero: I cleared the area of innocents, in accordance with your wishes. Do you disagree with my methods?
Goku: Grr...leave these people out of this!
Android 19: There are no people left to leave out.

Chibi Mystic Gohan
I Live Here

Post by Chibi Mystic Gohan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 am

Ginyu's the best of the bunch. I like how he sort of had a sense of honor. Of course, he turned into a typical villain when things stopped going his way.
君と再会ったとき 子供のころ大切に想っていた景色を思い出したんだ
僕と踊ってくれないか 光と影の Winding Road いまでも彼に夢中なの?

Son Edo
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Son Edo » Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:23 am

Ginyu for having battle smarts unlike most of Freeza's Army.

Ahiru77
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ahiru77 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 pm

Burter!!!!

He has the best voice, color and he died smiling!

roidrage
Beyond Newbie

Post by roidrage » Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:57 pm

I'll have to say Ginyu, since he wasn't a really bad guy like Freeza and seemed to have some sense of honor.
SAD 4 U

Pokewhiz7
I Live Here

Post by Pokewhiz7 » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:34 pm

Ussj Future Trunks
Regular

Post by Ussj Future Trunks » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:14 pm

All of them. The only one I dislike is Jeice because he had NOTHING special about him.
Simian upstart...none surpass me. No one even comes close! BURN THIS INTO YOUR MIND! I am emperor of the universe. The likes of you are only fit to grovel at my feet. Or better still...to be crushed...LIKE AN INSECT AT THE WHIM OF YOUR MASTER!

- Freeza, DBZ Kai.

Kroni_Hunter
Regular

Post by Kroni_Hunter » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:08 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:All of them. The only one I dislike is Jeice because he had NOTHING special about him.
Yes he does, he comes from Space Australia :)
"An optimist thinks that this is the best possible world; a pessimest fears that this is true."