The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:32 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:Equal power level fights :

- Mr. Boo (no candy beam) vs. Eighteen.
- Chaozu (Boo arc) vs. Kaioshin.
- Dr. Gero vs. Mercenary Tao.
- Ultimate Son Gohan vs. Future Trunks (Cell Games).
- Krillin (Android arc) vs. Vegeta (Android arc).
- Piccolo ("Kamiccolo") vs. Tenshinhan (Android arc).

- A good match, both #18 and Boo have things that may give them the edge of the battle, #18 has unlimited energy and never wears and Boo has his wacky regeneration and the skill to learn any technique just by seeing once. I'll bet on Boo in this one, I don't 18 could handle his regeneration, nor have a strategy or tecnique good enough to finish him off.

- Oh I see... A telekinesis battle, well I think Kaioshin is more experienced and has better tricks up his sleeve, Chaozu is defeated after a good battle.

- Dr. Gero wants to test his skills with the once know as the most dangerous assassin in the world? Well, Dr. Gero has the data of all Goku's battles since 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai that had fighters stronger than Tao in the date and so on, so I think this a good advantage for him, Tao is defeated after a quick match without Gero needing to absorb his energy.

- Another good match, Ultimate Gohan is a more mature Gohan, that has the will to fight without holding back and Future Trunks is experienced fighter trained by Gohan future counterpart, so he might knows some moves of his opponent and he is fighter that in the first opportunity he has, he defeats his adversary. I think this could go either way, Ultimate Gohan overconfidence could be his downfall and Trunks may exploit that or Gohan could show Trunks that he is a way more pragmatic fighter than his future counterpart because he was trained by Goku twice.

- As for this match I share your opinion, I just would add that I don't think Vegeta would underestimate an opponent that has the same battle power as him, so it could be a good match, I'm betting on Vegeta winning against Krillin by some lucky move after a long battle.

-Tenshinhan's Kikoho could be a good/last resort that might put Piccolo in some trouble, also Taiyoken is an interesting technique, this is another battle that could go either way, Piccolo's regeneration is something that could play in his favor also he was some deadly techniques like Light Grenade and Hellzone Grenade.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Feb 07, 2016 1:50 am

Personally, I think Krillin vs Vegeta would be a great fight. The two most crafty and resourceful characters of the entire series going at it. Vegeta is the more brutal and cagey of the two while Krillin is more skilled and level-headed. Vegeta is also notorious for underestimating opponents and there is no way Vegeta would take Krillin seriously; that would cost him dearly against someone like Krillin, in my opinion.

In the end, it wouldn't be enough though. Vegeta is just too resilient for anything Krillin likely has in his arsenal, besides a lucky Kienzan. He wouldn't walk away from the fight easily though.
Boo should toy around with 18 and eventually curbstomp her. She was never noted as a particularly talented or outstanding fighter in the series, and here she is facing literally one of the best. The thing about Boo that everyone underestimates is that, just because he's not martially trained doesn't mean he isn't a dangerous fighter. He is the number 1 most versatile character in the franchise; his malleable body gives him near limitless options of attack, and both Toriyama and Toei got really creative with the things he does. It's almost like toonforce. Furthermore, he literally has billions of years worth of fighting experience, and the wisdom/knowledge of 2 or 3 gods at his disposal, not to mention the unfathomable ability to copy literally any technique at all, the instant he sees it performed. He is just completely unorthodox and unpredictable, you need a Saiyan's instincts (or the equivalent) in order to keep up with this guy when he's ripping chunks off of himself and using them as projectiles, stretching his foot through the ground and having it pop up underneath you, multiplying, antenna whipping, and then using your own techniques against you.

Chiaotzu, likewise, isn't particularly noteworthy. He was trained by the Crane School... but c'mon, Earthly martial arts are nothing compared to the Kaioshin. He can be pretty unorthodox, but the Kaioshin is the damn Kaioshin. The god of gods. He might have been a jobber by the time we meet Boo, but he's also the guy who thought of Freeza as a joke and has millions of years worth of experience. He actually did better against Boo than both Gohan and Dabura despite being the weakest among them, that's saying a lot.

Dr. Gero, I admit, I am somewhat biased towards. He was underutilized by Toriyama, but I feel the character had so much potential as the first cerebral villain of the series. The only man who can match Son Goku's limitless strength, with an equally powerful mind. He also had potential for a lot of depth and I have a lot of headcanon about him, so yeah, much as I love Tao as well, the doctor is well out of his league.

I seem to think more highly of Gohan's fighting skills than most people do. I actually think of him as number 1 in the whole series, besides Vegetto and before Battle of Gods that is. Everybody knows he's a prodigy, but for some reason, most fans make a separation between being a power prodigy and a skill prodigy. Why? Granted Gohan was never the most clever or pragmatic fighter, but in terms of actual hand-to-hand combat, not only are his instincts and natural talent totally unmatched, but he also has the best moves of both Piccolo and Goku at his disposal. Trunks of course has even higher potential than Gohan, but he never got close to reaching it. Gohan was already a far superior fighter to him after conquering the Room of Spirit and Time, and after sharpening up his skills with the Z-Sword followed by the confidence boost of unlocking his potential, he was better than he'd ever been before.

Vegeta should beat Krillin. People always point out that Vegeta's ego is a weakness and he likes to toy around with his opponents, but if he thinks so little of Krillin, torturing him and prolonging the fight isn't going to bring Vegeta any pleasure. He'll likely just want to end it as soon as possible because he has better things to do. Krillin might be clever, but now he's going up against the number 1 strategist in the whole series, who was ALREADY able to see right through his plans TWICE (when warning Nappa of the Destructo Disk/Kienzan and when predicting Krillin was sneaking for his tail after Gohan showed up to distract him) at the height of his savagery and brutality. And in terms of hand-to-hand combat, no discussion, Vegeta is better.

And as much as I love Tenshinhan, Piccolo has centuries of experience from three separate, and all extremely skilled warriors (Demon King, Kami, Nail) not to mention his own. He's definitely more tactical, and he's definitely more versatile, not only in abilities, but in style.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:04 am

- Mr buu has a good damage soak. He can beat #18 to death, but she cant, plus skill & regeneration.

- Chiatzu has more potent holding power IMO, as he was able to hold goku in 22nd TB with ease. He can freeza shin & nail him with dodonpas. Chiatzu wins.

- Tao, while the better fighter, has everything to his disadvantage - database, flight , smarts and most importantly, he won't realize that gero can absorb power , until it is too late.

- Dead even. Flip a coin.

- Great fight. If krillin can beat any version of vegeta even at equal PLs, it is this one.
Vegeta certainly is the better fighter, but krillin is more resourceful.
At equal power levels, krillin will be slightly faster while vegeta will be slightly more durable & slightly stronger.Thanks to his saiyan biology & his armor, his durability is even more.
So, here's what happens :
  • After long, long battle, krillin & vegeta are wounded badly. Krillin uses tayoken & hits vegeta with his scattering attack. Vegeta is down & out. Krillin thinks that he got him, the first saiyan win of his life , but vegeta rises up. Vegeta charges a big attack, while krillin uses tayoken again, but vegeta knows & closes his eyes.
    After a few seconds "Take this baldy - super vegeta BIG BANG ATTACK, and dieeeeee"
    Seeing he has no choice, krillin puts every drop of his ki into a concentrated beam & due to the fact that he had hit vegeta before, he turns out to be stronger. He directs vegeta's BBA towards him, & falls down. Everyone thinks krillin has won, but vegeta gets up again, putting his all ki into an uncharged galick gun & hits krillin with it. Goku arrives & gives both of them senzu or they'll die.
Vegeta wins

- Piccolo, and this is not even close.
After a few exchange of blows, tien thinks he can use a kikoho to put this to an end. He uses tayoken & rises up in the air, & when he's just about to blast, he gets blown apart by a kiai. He holds himself, but before he can throw his kikoho, piccolo starts throwing ki blasts like a madman.
"Piccolo , I didn't expect a fighter like you to waste your ki in useless attacks"
However, piccolo soon gets his sight back, & tien finds him surrounded by ki-spheres.
"HELLZONE GRENADE"
Tien is out.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:41 am

Injured Piccolo 23rd TB (lets say he won against goku due to his mouth blast at the end of fight)

vs

23rd TB yamcha & krillin (Kami can't interfere)
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:31 pm

apex_pretador wrote:Injured Piccolo 23rd TB (lets say he won against goku due to his mouth blast at the end of fight)

vs

Even if Kami and Tenshinhan interfered, Piccolo would still win.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

ThePiccolo
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThePiccolo » Sun Feb 07, 2016 5:09 pm

Personally, I think Krillin vs Vegeta would be a great fight. The two most crafty and resourceful characters of the entire series going at it. Vegeta is the more brutal and cagey of the two while Krillin is more skilled and level-headed. Vegeta is also notorious for underestimating opponents and there is no way Vegeta would take Krillin seriously; that would cost him dearly against someone like Krillin, in my opinion.

In the end, it wouldn't be enough though. Vegeta is just too resilient for anything Krillin likely has in his arsenal, besides a lucky Kienzan. He wouldn't walk away from the fight easily though.
- 18 might have infinite stamina, but Boo's regen probably give the edge to him
- Tao's skilled, but Gero's can absorb energy. Gonna say Gero on this
- Hmm, I think Trunks is a little more skilled than Gohan, so Trunks
- Vegeta's can take a hell of a beating, but Krillin's probably more skilled with better techniques, so Krillin
- Piccolo's pretty damn skilled, and has regen. Kikoho is Ten's best bet, and even then, Piccolo might be able to dodge it
apex_pretador wrote:Injured Piccolo 23rd TB (lets say he won against goku due to his mouth blast at the end of fight)

vs

Didn't Kami say that even if all of the humans, and himself, try to fight injured Piccolo, they'd lose? That pretty much speaks for itself.

In Brightest Day
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by In Brightest Day » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:37 pm

vs

An injured, exhausted Piccolo confidently claimed he wasn't worried about anyone still watching the fight ganging up on him, which not only included Krillin and Yamcha, but Kami, Tenshinhan, Master Roshi and Yajirobe as well.

So assuming he wasn't bluffing, Krillin and Yamcha probably wouldn't have lasted long.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:46 am

Piccolo Daimao (In his old age and wearing weighted clothing) vs General Blue (After becoming possessed by Babidi to become a Majin).

Super Piccolo (After fusing with both Nail and Kami, wearing his cape and turban, and having trained under Whis for as long as Son Goku and Vegeta) vs Golden Frieza (At the time of the Frieza Saga).

Super Saiyan 3 Adult Gohan (After healing from his final battle with Super Perfect Cell and training under Piccolo for seven years) vs Super Janemba.

Super Saiyan God Goku (As an adult from Dragon Ball GT) vs Legendary Super Saiyan Broly (Powered up by Dark Magic from Saga of Super Saiyan Legend).

Piccolo Daimao (Youth Restored) vs Majin Spopovitch.

Piccolo (Sync with Nail and without weighted clothing) vs Great Ape Nappa.

Super Gogeta (From Fusion Reborn) vs Baby Hatchiyack.

Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan (After healing from the conclusion of the Cell Games and training for 2 years under both Piccolo and Otherworld Goku) vs Majin Vegeta

Nail (If he had trained twice in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Gohan and Piccolo) vs Fifth Form Frieza (During the Frieza Saga)

Super Saiyan Pan (Baby Saga) vs Bojack (Base)

Super Saiyan 3 Future Gohan (Otherworld Body) vs Future Number 17 and Hell Fighter 17

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:57 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Piccolo Daimao (In his old age and wearing weighted clothing) vs General Blue (After becoming possessed by Babidi to become a Majin).

Super Piccolo (After fusing with both Nail and Kami, wearing his cape and turban, and having trained under Whis for as long as Son Goku and Vegeta) vs Golden Freeza (At the time of the Freeza Saga).

Super Saiyan 3 Adult Gohan (After healing from his final battle with Super Perfect Cell and training under Piccolo for seven years) vs Super Janemba.

Super Saiyan God Goku (As an adult from Dragon Ball GT) vs Legendary Super Saiyan Broly (Powered up by Dark Magic from Saga of Super Saiyan Legend).

Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan (After healing from the conclusion of the Cell Games and training for 2 years under both Piccolo and Otherworld Goku) vs Majin Vegeta

Nail (If he had trained twice in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Gohan and Piccolo) vs Fifth Form Freeza (During the Freeza Saga)

Super Saiyan 3 Future Gohan (Otherworld Body) vs Future Number 17 and Hell Fighter 17
If Blue's telekenis power increased with the Majin buff, Blue has a chance. But he has to play smart as Daimao is a power beast and Blue can't even manipulate KI.
Hard to say but probably Golden Freeza.
SSJ3 Gohan one shots.
SSJG Goku stomps.
Piccolo Damaio beats the Majin, with low difficulty.
Piccolo gets this.
Gogeta stomps.
SSJ2 Gohan stomps.
Hard to say, I would say Freeza but won't be easy.
Bojack wins, easily.
SSJ3 Gohan wins with mild difficulty.

Roronoa-pt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Roronoa-pt » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:01 am

Let's guess how strong Piccolo is after the training with Gohan.

Piccolo ( after the training with Gohan ) vs Fat Buu
Piccolo ( after the training with Gohan ) vs SSJ Goten & SSJ Trunks
Piccolo ( after the training with Gohan ) vs Tagoma/Ginyu
Piccolo ( after the training with Gohan ) vs Freeza 1st form ( after his training with Tagoma )

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:41 am

Roronoa-pt wrote:Let's guess how strong Piccolo is after the training with Gohan.

Piccolo ( after the training with Gohan ) vs Freeza 1st form ( after his training with Tagoma )
Piccolo loses all those matchups. Nothing indicates he got any stranger after training with Gohan.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:43 am

Frieza (Final Form) from RoF vs Demigra

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:48 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Piccolo Daimao (In his old age and wearing weighted clothing) vs General Blue (After becoming possessed by Babidi to become a Majin).

Super Piccolo (After fusing with both Nail and Kami, wearing his cape and turban, and having trained under Whis for as long as Son Goku and Vegeta) vs Golden Freeza (At the time of the Freeza Saga).

Nail (If he had trained twice in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber with Gohan and Piccolo) vs Fifth Form Freeza (During the Freeza Saga)

Blue wins. ajinization gave spopovich flight , ki blasts & hell of durability. I'm willing to bet that if he got the same % boost as spopovich, he might even have the power advantage.
But if he removes weighted clothing, blue is doomed & i doubt even his paralysis could handle the huge ki of daimao.

Super piccolo won't be pushed to his limits due to not having his training partner of equal strength & rival. Also, unlike saiyans, he can't increase as much by "pushing to limits".
I see golden freeza taking it easily. Even final form freeza can take it.

IDK about the powerup of broly you are talking about, but the goku must be the same as BoG.

It isn't even funny. Spopovich is a nobody with a power level of a few units (or a few 10s) , daimao could destroy the entire world.

WHAT? are you serious? this piccolo kicked freeza's ass, after freeza transformed. Great ape nappa will be crushed by unfused piccolo, & I think even nail can manage a fight against him.
If you mean "golden" great ape, then piccolo & nappa are even, but thanks to piccolo's knowledge of saiyan tail & better stamina , he wins.

gogeta one-shots

Gohan crushes vegeta like cell.

Nail

Pan takes this.

Does gohan obtain SS3 "after" a few years of training, or he "trains" SS3 for 7 yrs? If the former, then 17's , but if the latter, then gohan tears the mechanical twins apart.

Good battle.
Roronoa-pt wrote:Let's guess how strong Piccolo is after the training with Gohan.

- Fat buu
- Piccolo
- Piccolo
- Freeza
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:14 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:Super Saiyan Pan (Baby Saga) vs Bojack (Base)
Base Pan rips him apart. She could knock down a guy stronger than Gohan-Boo, and prompted Trunks to question whether she was stronger than him or not. Not to mention, she destroyed Nutt, who's stronger than SS Goku (@ Redjic/Lood).

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:16 am

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
Base Pan rips him apart. She could knock down a guy stronger than Gohan-Boo, and prompted Trunks to question whether she was stronger than him or not. Not to mention, she destroyed Nutt, who's stronger than SS Goku (@ Redjic/Lood).
Is base pan massively stronger than SS goku , or even better, SS GT goku ?
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am

apex_pretador wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:
Is base pan massively stronger than SS goku , or even better, SS GT goku ?
Stronger than SS Goku from the Beginning of GT, but not from later arcs. (Assuming we're talking about Baby arc Pan).

Pocket-God
Beyond Newbie

Post by Pocket-God » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:16 am

Bullza wrote:Freeza (Final Form) from RoF vs Demigra
Demigra takes this easily, I have him even above Gold Frieza, and even if Demigra were weaker than Frieza nothing is stopping him from using his mind control.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:28 am

We have nothing concrete about how strong Piccolo will be yet. Judging from the pick-order for Beerus' 5-men group, he should still be weaker than any of the Boos or Gohan and stronger than either Trunks or Goten as long as they don't use Fusion. Comparing him to Tagoma, Ginyu or Freeza now is pointless.
Bullza wrote:Freeza vs Demigra
They realize they are better as a team than separated and unite forces against the good guys.

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:43 pm

Piccolo Daimao (Youth Restored) vs Majin Spopovich.

Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan (After healing from the conclusion of the Cell Games and training for 2 years under both Piccolo and Other World Goku) vs Majin Vegeta

- Blue might be able to get him with his paralysis technique, but otherwise, Piccolo is gonna stomp him into the ground.
- Piccolo without Whis' training would probably win.
- Eh, I have Janemba around Ultimate Gohan's level, and even with his training, a Super Saiyan 3 Gohan wouldn't match up to his Ultimate counterpart.
- GT Goku + God energy = Broly getting One-Punch-Manned.
- Piccolo stomps no problemo. Spopovich would be less powerful than 22nd Budokai Goku.
- By "sync with Nail" do you mean fused? Because if that's the case, Piccolo (1 million+) would wreck Oozaru Nappa (40k) with total ease.
- Hatchiyack wouldn't be half as strong as Super Gogeta, and would lose just as badly as Janemba did.
- Gohan, I guess?
- Eh, the most I could see Nail getting up to is the power he and Piccolo got after fusing. A hypothetical 5th form Freeza would sweep. Part of the reason why Piccolo got so strong in the Android Arc was because he had the combined potential of two different Warrior-type Namekians.
- Pan wins by virtue of being from GT.
My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Feb 08, 2016 3:35 pm

Thank you all for answering my posts.

Super Saiyan 4 Goku (Baby Saga) vs Legendary Super Saiyan 3 Broly (The same one from the animated trailer for Dragon Battlers).

Demon God Démigra (Upon also becoming the God of Time and Space) vs Super Saiyan 4 Broly.

Saiyan Beyond Goddess Pan (If she had been trained by Piccolo, Videl, and Whis for the years following her grandfather leaving to train Uub and until the beginning of GT) vs Super Baby (Strongest Form 2), Super 17 (10x Kamehameha Absorbed), Eis Shenron, and Omega Shenron.