The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by PFM18 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:02 pm

ricky84 wrote:
AvatarReiko wrote:M12 SSJ Gogeta vs M10 Broly
Didn't SethTheProgrammer undeniably prove that Z-Broly stomps Z-Gogeta?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NqfSj5Weh4
He didn't undeniably prove anything. He simply gave his opinion on the matter. He likes to present his interpretation of the events as proof, when he is normally hopelessly confused.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sat Aug 25, 2018 1:45 pm

M12 SSJ Gogeta vs M10 Broly
How in the world is this even a fight!? Gogeta was vastly stronger than SSj3 Goku and destroyed Janemba (who was beating SSj3 Goku like... well, like Broly was beating Gohan!) effortlessly. He's by far the strongest character to appear in a DBZ movie until Battle of Gods.

Broly was out of a rusty SSj2 Gohan's reach, but only just barely -- he managed to get a couple good hits on him and knock him away, and all it took to kill Broly was a Cell Games style "pull out all of your power" Kamehameha with a bit of help from Goten and Trunks (okay, the attack didn't directly kill Broly... but it did push him all the way to the sun and make his heart explode from the strain of holding up his barrier that long, so close enough.) Plus, Goku may or may not have actually been present for that last Kamehameha; if he really was there, I'd say Broly was somewhere above the Buu Saga SSj2s but still below Fat Buu. If he wasn't physically there and actually firing his own Kamehameha, then Movie 10 Broly's even weaker than that -- probably stronger than Super Perfect Cell, maybe around the same level of power that Gohan had back in the Cell Games at best. Either way he is not on par with SSj3 Goku, let alone far above him!

The only place Broly (that is, Z-movies Broly, not the new and ridiculously stronger Super Broly) can fight Gogeta without ending up crushed in milliseconds is the video games.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:32 pm

10 new fights:

1) Ssj3 Goku (Buu saga) vs Lavender
2) 17 and 18 (ToP) vs Frost (ToP, can use Mafuuba), Magetta and Botamo. This is a death match, not a tournament.
3) Super Uub vs Dyspo (can't use his maximum light speed state)
4) Obuni vs Ssj3 Gotenks (DB Super)
5) Lord Slug (final form) vs Future Trunks (base, the one who confronted Mecha Freeza and King Cold)
6) Bojack (final form) vs Ginyu-Tagoma
7) Saonel and Pirina vs Ssj2 Goku and Ssj2 Future Trunks (ep.57)
8) Piccolo (Androids saga, not fused with Kami) vs Shosa and Majora
9) 100% Freeza (Namek) and 5th form Cooler vs Ssj Goten and Trunks (DB Super, ToP saga)
10) Super Baby Vegeta 2 vs Golden Freeza (RoF, the tired one who easily lost against Vegeta)

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Sat Aug 25, 2018 3:41 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:10 new fights:

2) 17 and 18 (ToP) vs Frost (ToP, can use Mafuuba), Magetta and Botamo. This is a death match, not a tournament.
5) Lord Slug (final form) vs Future Trunks (base, the one who confronted Mecha Freeza and King Cold)
9) 100% Freeza (Namek) and 5th form Cooler vs Ssj Goten and Trunks (DB Super, ToP saga)
10) Super Baby Vegeta 2 vs Golden Freeza (RoF, the tired one who easily lost against Vegeta)
1) Goku. I don't think Lavender was that much stronger than Basil, and Basil wasn't stronger than Fat Buu.
2) 17 alone would solo. With 18 on his side, Frost, Magetta and Botamo stand no chance.
3) Dyspo just because I don't remember Super Uub's feats atm.
4) Obuni one-shots
5) Not sure about this one, only because I never watched the Lord Slug movie.
6) I think Bojack is slightly stronger.
7) Saonel and Pirina. They were able to fight on par with current Ultimate Gohan.
8) Shosa and Majora
9) Goten and Trunks
10) I have no idea.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:55 pm

1. Lavender stomps
2. 17 solos
3. Dyspo one shots
4. Obuni one shots
5. Lord Slug wins high-difficulty
6. Even normal Tagoma casually stomps
7. The U6 Nameks stomp (they were relative to ToP Gohan)
8. Majora alone takes this
9. Base Goten solos
10. Golden Freeza still easily wins. Super is just on another level compared to GT.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:00 pm

Any thoughts?

1. Omen Vegito (ToP) vs SSB Kefla (Post-ToP)
2. SSB Vegeta (ep.122) vs Hit (ToP)
3. All of U2 vs Aniraza
4. Full Power Dyspo vs Black Rose (scythe)
5. Omen Black (Scythe) vs Merged Zamasu (Post-Black arc zenkai, no immortality)
6. SSJ4 Goku & SSJ4 Vegeta (Both Buu arc) vs SSJ1 Vegito (Buu arc)
7. SSJ2 Vegeta (GT) vs Metal Rildo
8. Base Vegito (Buu arc) vs SSJ3 Goku (start of BoG) and SSJ2 Vegeta (Bulma slapped)

And how strong do you think SSB Caulifa and SSB Cabba would be? Who from what part of Super would they compare to?
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 5:07 pm

Pantalones wrote:
M12 SSJ Gogeta vs M10 Broly
How in the world is this even a fight!? Gogeta was vastly stronger than SSj3 Goku and destroyed Janemba (who was beating SSj3 Goku like... well, like Broly was beating Gohan!) effortlessly. He's by far the strongest character to appear in a DBZ movie until Battle of Gods.

Broly was out of a rusty SSj2 Gohan's reach, but only just barely -- he managed to get a couple good hits on him and knock him away, and all it took to kill Broly was a Cell Games style "pull out all of your power" Kamehameha with a bit of help from Goten and Trunks (okay, the attack didn't directly kill Broly... but it did push him all the way to the sun and make his heart explode from the strain of holding up his barrier that long, so close enough.) Plus, Goku may or may not have actually been present for that last Kamehameha; if he really was there, I'd say Broly was somewhere above the Buu Saga SSj2s but still below Fat Buu. If he wasn't physically there and actually firing his own Kamehameha, then Movie 10 Broly's even weaker than that -- probably stronger than Super Perfect Cell, maybe around the same level of power that Gohan had back in the Cell Games at best. Either way he is not on par with SSj3 Goku, let alone far above him!

The only place Broly (that is, Z-movies Broly, not the new and ridiculously stronger Super Broly) can fight Gogeta without ending up crushed in milliseconds is the video games.
The movies don't have the same powerscaling as the main series. They are not even in the same dimension according to Toriyama. Tree of Might/M3 is the most obvious example. For instance, it is said to take place during the saiyan arc right? Yet base Goku in that film has a power level of 30,000 and can use Kaioken x20 with no issues. While in canon at the time his base is only 8,000 and he can only go up to kaioken x4 for a few seconds.

So just because M8 takes place during the Cell Games don't mean Broly scales off of Perfect Cell. Especially since M8/M10 Broly's feats and statements (in and outside of the films themselves) place him way beyond anything in the canon Android and Buu arcs.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:10 pm

ricky84 wrote:1. SSG Vegito (ToP) vs Merged Zamasu
2. SSJ4 Baby Vegeta vs Super 17 (GT)
3. Future Trunks/ToP Gohan potara fusion vs Black arc Vegito
4. Android 16 vs SSJ3 Future Gohan
5. SSB Vegeta (ep.122) vs Rose Black (scythe) & Futue Zamasu (no immortality)
6. SSJ3 Goku (BoG) vs Buuhan
7. SSJ3 Goku (ToP no stamina issues) vs SSJ2 Cauifla & SSJ2 Cabba
8. Piccolo (ToP) vs Frost (Champa arc)
1. Vegito is probably stronger, merged Zamasu could win due to being immortal though.
2. pass
3. SSB Goku/Vegeta are stronger than Gohan/Trunks, so Vegito wins.
4. ssj3 future Gohan stomps
5. Vegeta one shots Zamasu and beats Black after a tough fight.
6. Buuhan
7. Goku easily
8. Could go either way
ricky84 wrote:1. Omen Vegito (ToP) vs SSB Kefla (Post-ToP)
3. All of U2 vs Aniraza
8. Base Vegito (Buu arc) vs SSJ3 Goku (start of BoG) and SSJ2 Vegeta (Bulma slapped)

And how strong do you think SSB Caulifa and SSB Cabba would be? Who from what part of Super would they compare to?
1. Vegito stomps. SSB Vegito would be enough.
2. Vegeta
3. Aniraza
4. Black
5. They would be of a similar power, but omen would allow Black do outmaneuver fused Zamasu, he wins.
6. pass
7. pass
8. If Vegeta can keep up his rage mode they have a chance, but Vegito would probably out last that power boost and then win.

They would be weaker than SSB Goku and Vegeta. They could probably beat RoF Golden Frieza.

1. Goku stomps
2. 17 carries 18 to victory
3. pass
4. Probably Obuni, at least if it's anime versions.
5. Future Trunks
6. Bojack
7. I think it would be a close fight either way.
8. Another fight that could probably go either way.
9. Frieza and Cooler. Goten and Trunks have yet to impress me. In base form Goten had to resort to a kamehameha just to beat a snake and Trunks had to go ssj. First form Frieza would erase that snake with a glance.
10. pass
ricky84 wrote: 9) 100% Freeza (Namek) and 5th form Cooler vs Ssj Goten and Trunks (DB Super, ToP saga)
9. Base Goten solos
How does base Goten solo when base Goku was weaker than Frieza before the god power up? Even if we ignore that base Goten and Trunks were easily being beaten by 18.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 7:12 pm

ricky84 wrote:Any thoughts?

3. All of U2 vs Aniraza

1. Omen Vegito wipes the floor with her. It would be like when Goku fought her.

2. Vegeta should win, since he figures out Jiren’s tactics. And Jiren beat hit. So Vegeta with mid difficulty.

3. They lose but put up a good fight.

4. If Dyspo doesn’t screw around and goes for the kill. He wins.

5. He can’t touch black, so black wins.

6. Well the books for GT hint or claim ssj1 vegeito in buu arc was as strong or a little weaker than GT ssj4 Goku. So Vegito with mid difficulty.

7. Vegeta.

8. Can go either way. However I feel the team wins.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:07 pm

Gohan (ToP) vs SSBKKx10 Goku (Champa arc)
SSBE Vegeta (ep.123) vs Merged Zamasu (full power, no immortality)
Mastered Berzerk Kale vs SSJ3 Goku (Black arc)
2nd Omen Goku vs Surpressed Jiren (ep. 110)
Ultimate Gohan (Cell Games) vs Buutenks
Base Kefla vs Hit (Champa arc)
SSB Vegeta (start of ToP) vs SSJ Rage Trunks (Post-Black arc, no Hope Sword)
SSJ1 Goku (Baby arc) vs Buuhan (KKx20)
17 (ToP) vs SSBKKx10 Goku & Hit (both Champa arc)
Base Black (first appearance) vs Android 18 (Post-Ribrianne fight)

And how strong do you think Cell would be if he trained all 13 years after the Cell Games and was recruited for the ToP? Who would he be comparable to?

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:02 pm

Future Gohan vs vegeta(against 19)

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:49 pm

Ssjcell wrote:Future Gohan vs vegeta(against 19)
If manga then Vegeta, if anime then Future Gohan.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Aug 25, 2018 11:44 pm

Goku is stronger but Lavender has a chance thanks to his poison and Super Saiyan 3's stamina issues.
17 alone is enough to beat them. 18 stands no chance against Frost or Magetta though.
Dyspo.
Obuni one shots him in an instance.
Trunks.
Bojack has this in the bag unless he gets careless and loses his body to Ginyu.
Before or after they stabilize their fusion? They win very easily if it's after. Before they get stomped.
Piccolo has no chance here.
Goten and Trunks finger flick.
Freeza.
ricky84 wrote:Any thoughts?

3. All of U2 vs Aniraza

Kefla. Her Super Saiyan transformations are just stronger than normal.
Hit has never been stronger than Super Saiyan Blue so he loses.
Aniraza is simply out of any U2 fighter's league.
Dyspo takes this unless Black traps him with his clones.
Merged Zamasu takes this unless he gets trapped by Black's clones.
Vegetto loses.
Vegeta.
Goku is enough to win.

Cabba and Caulifla would be weaker than Blue Vegeta from the ToP.
ricky84 wrote:Gohan (ToP) vs SSBKKx10 Goku (Champa arc)

And how strong do you think Cell would be if he trained all 13 years after the Cell Games and was recruited for the ToP? Who would he be comparable to?
Gohan loses badly. Regular Kaioken is enough.
Vegeta has no chance if this is corrupted Merged Zamasu. Regular Merged Zamasu gets destroyed.
Kale wins easily.
Goku wins I think. It's hard to gauge suppressed Jiren.
Why would a weaker Gohan have a chance against Bootenks?
Kefla can't win.
Vegeta wins after a good fight.
Boo.
Regular Blue Goku and Hit win.
18 stands no chance at all.

I guess Cell would be stronger than Golden Freeza.
Gohan gets his hands rip off.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:09 am

Vegeta mid to low difficulty. Future Gohan was weaker than yadrat Goku imo.

Goku wins without kaioken.
Merged Zamasu in a good fight.
Kale in a good fight.
Either way, Goku might have the edge as long as he can maintain the form.
Buutenks stomps.
Hit
Vegeta with a bit of trouble.
pass
The team stomps 17.
Black stomps, his base was at least high Buu tier in its first appearance.

ricky84
Banned Alternate Account

Post by ricky84 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:41 am

ZombieVito wrote: Hit has never been stronger than Super Saiyan Blue so he loses.
Yes he is in the anime. Hit was able to force SSB Goku to use KKx10 and even then he still had the edge. His "Pure Progress": http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pure_Progress ability in the anime allows him to increase his raw power to match his opponents over time. Plus, he managed to put up a way better fight against Jiren than KKx20 Goku did in ep.109 (but not as good as SSB Vegeta in ep.122)

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:38 am

ricky84 wrote: Yes he is in the anime. Hit was able to force SSB Goku to use KKx10 and even then he still had the edge. His "Pure Progress": http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pure_Progress ability in the anime allows him to increase his raw power to match his opponents over time. Plus, he managed to put up a way better fight against Jiren than KKx20 Goku did in ep.109 (but not as good as SSB Vegeta in ep.122)
Hit doesn't increase his power with that.

E41 is very clear that the only reason Hit was able to fight KKx10 Blue Goku was is Time Skip. Goku inflicted with one punch more damage to Hit that the later did with multiple and this was a Goku that was already fatigue and on his limit.

Same reason he managed to last that long against Jiren. His time abilities are always been his trump card not his raw power.

P.S. Nowhere does it say Hit increased his power in that Wiki link.

GT_Goten10
Beyond Newbie

Post by GT_Goten10 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:55 am

1.Goku SSJ4 Full Power(SD arc) Vs Goku SSG( BOG)

2.Pikkon(Movie 12)Vs Ledgic

3.Goku Black(Base) Vs Golden Oozaru Baby

4.Super 17 energy absorbed (GT) Vs C17(DBS)

5.Gogeta SSJ4 Vs Vegito SSG(BOG)
GT Fighter

Nevaeh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nevaeh » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:18 am

Gohan easily. ToP SSB Goku is much stronger than U6 SSBKKx10 and Gohan rivaled him
Kale
2nd Omen. 1st Omen made him pull out the red aura and 2nd Omen was much stronger and more polished
Buutenks
Probably Kefla. If ToP SSB is >> U6 SSBKKx10 I wouldn't be surprised if SSG was too
Toss up. Trunks was a beast
Goku easily. I got beginning of GT SSJ Goku above Buuhan
Same as Gohan. 17 wins easily
Depends. Does 18 retain the boost she got to beat Ribrianne? If so she wins. Nakama boosts are no joke

Cell has Frieza cells doesn't he? After 13 years he's probably Grande Padre level :lol:

New fights:

Manga SSJ1 Caulifla vs Yardrat Goku. Frieza said she was stronger than Namek SSJ Goku
Anime SSJ2 Future Trunks (when he fought Goku) vs Present Zamasu

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:59 am

GT_Goten10 wrote:1.Goku SSJ4 Full Power(SD arc) Vs Goku SSG( BOG)

2.Pikkon(Movie 12)Vs Ledgic

3.Goku Black(Base) Vs Golden Oozaru Baby

4.Super 17 energy absorbed (GT) Vs C17(DBS)

5.Gogeta SSJ4 Vs Vegito SSG(BOG)
1. Goku SSJ4 one shots. At this point even without limit breaking.
2. Ledgic easily. He was equal to base Goku who already was way stronger than SSJ3 Goku from Z (and so stronger than Pikkon)
3. Baby easily as well. Goku Black Rose might be arguable, but base Goku Black has no chance (unless he beats him in different way like cutting of his tail)
4. Super 17 even in base wins. I have DBS 17 a bit stronger than Hell Fighter 17.
5. Gogeta wins. BoG power levels were still weak so even small advantage of potara fusion wouldn't make them win.
Gogeta SSJ4 vs Vegito Blue is better pick and much more accurate comparison.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 10:13 am

ZombieVito wrote:
ricky84 wrote: Yes he is in the anime. Hit was able to force SSB Goku to use KKx10 and even then he still had the edge. His "Pure Progress": http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Pure_Progress ability in the anime allows him to increase his raw power to match his opponents over time. Plus, he managed to put up a way better fight against Jiren than KKx20 Goku did in ep.109 (but not as good as SSB Vegeta in ep.122)
Hit doesn't increase his power with that.

E41 is very clear that the only reason Hit was able to fight KKx10 Blue Goku was is Time Skip. Goku inflicted with one punch more damage to Hit that the later did with multiple and this was a Goku that was already fatigue and on his limit.

Same reason he managed to last that long against Jiren. His time abilities are always been his trump card not his raw power.

P.S. Nowhere does it say Hit increased his power in that Wiki link.
Yes exactly. Hit's Pure Progress does not yield increased power at all. He simply improves his time manipulation abilities during combat and when he is challenged. He can only compete because of his time-skip abilities.