The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:21 am

Re read the manga, there are a bunch of instances when a fighter powers up without one. Besides a BP increase can't be stated. They can't sense his ki.

And of course he would say Vegeta is a disappointment, Birusu is just that much stronger. By my numbers hes almost 19 times Enraged SSJ2 Vegeta at FP.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:23 am

Zombie wrote:Re read the manga, there are a bunch of instances when a fighter powers up without one. Besides a BP increase can't be stated. They can't sense his ki.

And of course he would say Vegeta is a disappointment, Birusu is just that much stronger. By my numbers hes almost 19 times Enraged SSJ2 Vegeta at FP.
Nothing shows or suggests a power up. Ergo it's unlikely there was one. Vegeta trades a few blows with Birus at one point before getting swatted at one point. And that also means nothing. He doesn't even knock out Vegeta right away before the rage moment.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:30 am

So a suppressed Birusu, to the point of not killing Bulma can fight evenly with an Enraged SSJ2 Vegeta? Sorry but I have to call bull on that one. A power up had to happen.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:34 am

Zombie wrote:So a suppressed Birusu, to the point of not killing Bulma can fight evenly with an Enraged SSJ2 Vegeta? Sorry but I have to call bull on that one. A power up had to happen.
There's a thing called holding back effort. I can't power up, but I can control how hard a smack will be. Same with Birus. I call bullshit on the entire enraged thing period. Could Birus have powered up, Maybe. Any factual proof, no. I don't buy any power up at any point. Birus doesn't mention having any problems with Vegeta or even him being caught of guard. He just says your not SSJG how disappointing.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:38 am

There is, again, no basis for Vegeta being that strong. You have to assume that Beers for no reason suppressed himself to the exact same level he fought Gohan at (no evidence, especially since we just saw him suppressed to a lesser level not five seconds earlier), that he actually cared about Vegeta attacking him (no evidence), that Beers powered up to tank the Galick Gun (no evidence), or that Vegeta was anywhere close to begin with (no evidence). He tried to attack Beers, and Beers tanked every hit, including his biggest strongest attack. Enraged SS2 Vegeta has NO FEATS. None at all. So yeah, it requires a lot of baseless assumptions and violations of internal logic. On top of that, Vegeta is only said to surpass Goku. Not Gohan or Gotenks.

Enraged SS2 Vegeta isn't scratching any form of Majin Buu. End of story.

And again, Gohan wasn't even Ultimate.

And I'm 99% sure that the clip you showed is BEFORE the rage boost. So lol.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:40 am

Vegeta destroys Buu ship, and Fat Buu is released at only 50% of his power.

Goku, Gohan, Vegeta, & Supreme Kai fight Buu at half his power.

No SSJ3.

Who takes it?
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:43 am

Kid Buu wrote:Vegeta destroys Buu ship, and Fat Buu is released at only 50% of his power.

No SSJ3.

Who takes it?
I go with the power scaling suggested by the meter, which implies Fat Buu = x2-x2.5 SS2 Gohan; so Goku alone would take it with ease. The other two would probably lose if they tried to fight him one on one. A team attack is complete overkill. The only hope Fat Buu has is getting a rage boost, powering up to his maximum, and releasing Grey Buu and Good Buu, but we all know that wouldn't happen.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:44 am

RandomGuy96 wrote: And I'm 99% sure that the clip you showed is BEFORE the rage boost. So lol.
Nope, the first fight happens in the air, the second one in the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-Ht3t_UgjE

0:33, there's the continuation.

Besides at the end of the film Birusu comments Goku and Vegeta will be great opponents later down the line. No mention of Gohan or Gotenks.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:09 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:There is, again, no basis for Vegeta being that strong. You have to assume that Beers for no reason suppressed himself to the exact same level he fought Gohan at (no evidence, especially since we just saw him suppressed to a lesser level not five seconds earlier), that he actually cared about Vegeta attacking him (no evidence), that Beers powered up to tank the Galick Gun (no evidence), or that Vegeta was anywhere close to begin with (no evidence). He tried to attack Beers, and Beers tanked every hit, including his biggest strongest attack. Enraged SS2 Vegeta has NO FEATS. None at all. So yeah, it requires a lot of baseless assumptions and violations of internal logic. On top of that, Vegeta is only said to surpass Goku. Not Gohan or Gotenks.

And again, Gohan wasn't even Ultimate.
This.
Kid Buu wrote:Vegeta destroys Buu ship, and Fat Buu is released at only 50% of his power.

No SSJ3.

Who takes it?
I'd say the team would win.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:10 am

A writer (don't remember who) said he was ultimate....

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:06 am

Zombie wrote:A writer (don't remember who) said he was ultimate....
The story says he isn't....

I also find that claim fishy. If he really intended it, you'd think he'd notice the error faaaaaaar before a bunch of fans started bitching about it. But nope.

Gohan was originally intended to just be a Super Saiyan. He wasn't Ultimate, that was a poorly done last minute visual change. And if you watch the movie assuming he's a Super Saiyan, everything makes much more sense.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:15 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:

I also find that claim fishy. If he really intended it, you'd think he'd notice the error faaaaaaar before a bunch of fans started bitching about it. But nope.

Gohan was originally intended to just be a Super Saiyan. He wasn't Ultimate, that was a poorly done last minute visual change. And if you watch the movie assuming he's a Super Saiyan, everything makes much more sense.
Gohan clearly appeared using his gift from Old Kai in the movie ... so the story says he was.

Also, Gohan probably appeared as Super Saiyan before the movie's release as part of promoting the film.
The world's greatest.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:28 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:

I'm sorry but lol.

He was ultimate, period. You can't argue with a writer.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:31 am

He was apparently both. He used his "Ultimate" power to try fighting Beers (even if that wasn't the case at one point)[/i], and then he used Super Saiyan either instead of or on top of that, however it works, for the Super Saiyan God ritual later.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:17 pm

Gohan is in his Ultimate state and his appearance shows it perfectly!

SSJ Gohan to give better visual effect to the ritual.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:27 pm

Yeah that what I believe as well. SSJ does nothing to Gohan in terms of power up.

I do believe he can get stronger in Ultimate tho.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:35 pm

Zombie wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

I'm sorry but lol.

He was ultimate, period. You can't argue with a writer.
Actually, I can, when the writer is apparently just trying to save face (do you seriously believe he never noticed this before fans complained?) and wrote a story that makes zero sense if Gohan was Ultimate.

He shouldn't even be able to turn Super Saiyan at all. The last time he was told to try that, he went Ultimate instead. So if he can, not only is it a sloppy change, it's a plothole.

He was originally a Super Saiyan, he was going to be a Super Saiyan before fans complained, and the movie treats him as a Super Saiyan.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:46 pm

If the story makes or not sense is irrelevant. He was ultimate in the final movie. Deal with it.

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:52 pm

I interpret "Fire it up just like that" similar to someone saying "oh start the truck the same way you would start a car but you would drive it a bit differently". If somebody gave me a Truck to drive I would still have access to my car but obviously whenever I drive the truck I would drive it differently than I would a car.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:17 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Actually, I can, when the writer is apparently just trying to save face (do you seriously believe he never noticed this before fans complained?) and wrote a story that makes zero sense if Gohan was Ultimate.

He shouldn't even be able to turn Super Saiyan at all. The last time he was told to try that, he went Ultimate instead. So if he can, not only is it a sloppy change, it's a plothole.

He was originally a Super Saiyan, he was going to be a Super Saiyan before fans complained, and the movie treats him as a Super Saiyan.
If I'm right, never said (as I recall) that Gohan could not transform in to SSJ again. Only said it was not necessary and the Ultimate is better.

Always the Super Saiyan state will be more spectacular than the Ultimate state in visual terms. Hey, I particularly like the way that Ultimate Gohan looks.

if we go right, plothole was his SSJ state at the time of the ritual.