The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:28 am

Triple team on Broly. Broly gets zenkai so he destroys the equal power level rules and kills everybody.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:42 am

TheGmGoken wrote:Triple team on Broly. Broly gets zenkai so he destroys the equal power level rules and kills everybody.
How exactly is Broly supposed to have time to heal in this situation?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:49 am

13 has infinite energy so eventually Broly, Bojack and Garlic get too tired.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:54 am

goku the krump dancer wrote:13 has infinite energy so eventually Broly, Bojack and Garlic get too tired.
Does he? I don't remember 13 being described as an infinite energy type.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:27 am

I don't think it was stated anywhere but I see no reason to believe other wise. The only reason why it may seem like they had limited energy is because they were so dead even with the people they were fighting that it's kinda hard to tell. 13 was fighting Goku AND Piccolo and showed no real signs of fatigue. When Vegeta destroys 15 after they collide, Veggie falls to the ground and reverts from super Saiyan and even struggles to get up a little while 15 is there laughing until his head plops off. In the moment that Trunks defeats 14 after they collide Trunks reverts back to normal (probably because he knows that he won) and 14 still has enough stamina to charge at him before exploding.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:29 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Garlic Jr. in his second form vs. Super #13 vs. LSSj Broli vs. Bojack in his second form.
The most skilled one here seems to be Bojack, so I give him the No. 01; second Super #13; third Broli; and fourth Garlic Jr.

MDSTSSJ
Regular

Post by MDSTSSJ » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:45 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:Garlic Jr. in his second form vs. Super #13 vs. LSSj Broli vs. Bojack in his second form.

Rules:

Equal power levels
No Immortality
No opening up the Dead Zone

Who wins?
The more skilled fighter will be the winner!!

Super 13 is a machine made just for combat ( to fight very powerful beings aka Saiyans ). Bojack is a pirate and we can assume that he has enough fights under his belt but we don't know if his opponents on those previous pirating fights were really strong.

For me, Super 13 take this!

Mystic Buu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mystic Buu » Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:11 pm

Zarbon(normal form) vs Ginyu(in Goku's body)

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Sat Mar 01, 2014 1:13 pm

Mystic Buu wrote:Zarbon(normal form) vs Ginyu(in Goku's body)
Considering that Ginyu wasn't really used to Goku's body, and that he could only use simple ki-blasts, Zarbon would take this with his monster form. In power alone, Zarbon trumps.
One way this could go differently would be if Ginyu decided to switch bodies with Zarbon if he was close to death.

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:15 pm

Ginyu.
he would switch bodies

Only if Zarbon doesn't know Ginyu technic

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:54 pm

Ginyu wins. BODY SWAP!

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:03 pm

In Brightest Day wrote:Recoome takes on the team of Vegeta, Gohan, Kuririn & Zarbon.

Vegeta and co. are at the same they were at when they fought Recoome initially. Can Zarbon in his transformed state make a difference?
Vegeta and co. beat Recoome after a hard fought battle.

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:19 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
TheGmGoken wrote:Triple team on Broly. Broly gets zenkai so he destroys the equal power level rules and kills everybody.
How exactly is Broly supposed to have time to heal in this situation?
Plot.....
Broly turns anti hero and eat a senzu.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:50 pm

Ginyu. The only reason he's equal in strength to Zarbon is because he's not used to Goku's body yet. Yes, a battle power of 180,000 is from kaioken, but eventually Ginyu in Goku's body would obtain a battle power of 90,000. In other words, Ginyu in Goku's body is at 23,000 at its worst. As the fight goes on, that BP will rise a bit more and more. Even if Zarbon gets a good clean hit in, Ginyu would just swap bodies again.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:07 am

Enraged Cell Games Vegeta vs Perfect Cell.
I think Vegeta could at least do some considerable damage to Perfect Cell since Super Perfect Cell had to brace himself to tank Vegeta's attack and showed visible strain while doing so:

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:56 am

If it was against the resting Perfect Cell that he fought as Super Vegeta, he would be able to put up a good fight.
Even enraged, I doubt that he became much stronger than FPSSJ Goku.
Remember, Super Vegeta blew a hole in resting Cell and this time Cell braced himself without any damage (the ki blast was different this time as well).

I would say that the power difference is similar between Super Vegeta and Resting Perfect Cell and between SSJ Vegeta in the Cell Games and Super Perfect Cell.
So if we have enraged Vegeta in the Cell games vs. Perfect Cell, I'd say that Vegeta would have fought well, until Perfect Cell reached his full power.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:24 pm

Enraged Vegeta isn't a thing outside of one movie.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Godo
I Live Here

Post by Godo » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:36 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Enraged Vegeta isn't a thing outside of one movie.
He clearly showed the emotion of rage in those panels, but I guess that you mean that he didn't get any rage boost against Cell, like he did in the movie Battle of Gods. I don't think that you were being clear in your post.

If you want to contribute, though, you could give your input and state that you don't include a rage boost in your interpretation of the outcome of the fight.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 12:41 pm

I should have said "rage boosted Vegeta isn't a thing outside of one movie", which would basically be saying "this is a match up that can't happen", or at least that it would be a pointless match up since enraged Vegeta would be the exact same as regular Vegeta.

It seems more like Toriyama was playing fast and loose with relative strengths again, like he did with Nappa. Notice how Gohan is shocked Cell tanked SS Vegeta... even though he could easily do the same without even using SS2.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

hleV
Banned

Post by hleV » Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:03 pm

If Vegeta had received a BOG-like powerup back then, then Perfect Cell, hell, even Super Perfect Cell, would have died.