The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: The All-Purpose "Versus" Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:05 pm

SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Base Kid Trunks (pre-Budokai training) vs. Base Future Trunks (Cell Games)
Even Mirai Trunks from Mecha Freeza Saga can beat any version of Kid Trunks.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:03 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
SSJ2FutureGohan wrote:Base Kid Trunks (pre-Budokai training) vs. Base Future Trunks (Cell Games)
:shock:

I don't think so. I doubt CG Trunks could give the same trouble Kid Trunks did to Vegeta.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:40 pm

Well, I think it depends on your definition of trouble. Kid Trunks doesn't accomplish anything relevant without fusing with Goten at all. I doubt he is even stronger than Freeza.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:53 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Proof that he didn't try? Again, he would just god-stomp Mr. Buu if he was truly capable of it.
He could and did stomp him. That's what we see.
After a long off-screen battle we never got to see. Again, the one panel where Pure Buu is using his legs means nothing.
After a long off-screen pummeling we never got to see. The last thing Mr. Boo did was slam Kid Boo off of him, get his candy beam dodged, and proceeds to get opened up by Kid Boo once again.
Proof that he wasn't able to dodge it, rather than being unable to? Because that contradicts him dodging Mr. Buu's first ki blast with a look of worry. And if you're going to claim that even blowing apart Buu doesn't mean anything, then Goku didn't do any damage either.
Kid Boo can dodge a candy beam from close range while on the ground, yet he somehow can't dodge a blast from a further distance? Good to know. Kid Boo dodged Mr. Boo's initial blast because he had no idea where it even came from. All he saw was a random Chi-blast coming at him and instinctively dodged it. He didn't dodge his blast for the same reason he didn't dodge Vegeta's barrage of Chi-blasts: because he never felt a need to.

Also, Kid Boo is actually shown with noticeable marks on his face after firing the Kamehameha at Goku, which indicated that Goku did some visible damage to him not pertaining to blowing him apart. Show me proof that Mr. Boo did the same. I'll wait.
Not according to the actual fight. Pure Buu vs SS2 Vegeta would be more in line with your description.
Kid Boo having a bigger power advantage over Vegeta than he does Mr. Boo doesn't change the fact that Mr. Boo is still fodder to Kid Boo.
No, it's not. You need actual proof. Mr. Buu puts up an actual fight against Pure Buu, while Fat Buu punches Goku in the face to absolutely no effect.
Not when we're told which one is weaker.
Neither did any of the hits Goku landed on Cell, but I don't see you labeling that one as a god stomp.
Because it wasn't. Cell was better and had the advantage, but the fact that Goku able to do significant damage with his Instant Kamehameha is a hella lot better than Mr. Boo, who couldn't stop himself from eating Kid Boo's fist. Cell's attacks didn't slow Goku down at all, either.
He blocked it. Which is not hard to do (see the 23rd Budokai). Goku was accumulating damage while Buu wasn't.
Which, again, doesn't mean a damn thing. The damage wasn't large enough to indicate Kid Boo was overtaking the battle. It was normal battle damage that happens when a battle of equals is taking place.
Actually, it IS a big deal. If the gap was as massive as you claim, Pure Buu would have beaten him the exact same way he beat SS2 Vegeta.
Not if the one who's getting worked has greater power, regeneration and stamina that gives him more opportunities to return normal and fight longer than one (Vegeta) who doesn't. Being beat close to death indicates Kid Boo had enough power behind his attacks to not only drop Boo's power, but also make his regeneration all but useless against him. That's a big enough difference.
I think it's perfectly valid to compare him to Vegeta. Vegeta vs Pure Buu is an example of what happens when Pure Buu is actually way superior. He doesn't take hits. Doing so annoys him.
Vegeta hit him with a Chi-blast that he didn't bother to dodge. No. The Vegeta domination is a perfect example of what happens when someone has access to less power, stamina, and the ability to regenerate. That's why it's silly to even compare Mr. Boo to Vegeta; he's fundamentally better than him in every way possible. Naturally Vegeta wouldn't be able to take half of the shit Mr. Boo could take.
He just straight-up beats the shit out of his opponent while laughing.
Gee, this sounds awfully familiar...
If you don't consider Mr. Buu vs Pure Buu to even be a decent fight, then there's no way in hell SS3 Gotenks vs Super Buu was anything that can be called even.
Why? We have Piccolo saying Gotenks is on-par with Super Boo. Before Gotenks uses that mouth blast to stun Boo, the fight is just straight-up even.
Mr. Buu and Super Buu both landed a blast, a headbutt, and a throw on their stronger opponents, they both hurt their opponents but failed to do significant damage, and they both were getting the shit beaten out of them near the end. It just took longer for Mr. Buu to stop putting up a struggle.
Then that leaves us with a few possibilities:

1) Super Boo and Gotenks are about equal, but Gotenks was able to gain an advantage towards the end because he decided to fight more seriously or Boo lost focus
2) Super Boo was holding-back against Gotenks. The plan was to absorb Gotenks to combat the person (Gohan) Boo thought would be more powerful than him
3) Gotenks was stronger than Super Boo and went all-out towards the end. But then, why does Boo only consider Gohan as being the strongest and not Gotenks as well?

Either way, that battle is not comparable to Kid Boo's pulverization of Mr. Boo in the least. Super Boo looked a lot better than Mr. Boo and only got overwhelmed near the end. Mr. Boo got his ass beat from beginning to end, while landing a few useless attacks along the way.
I'm counting everything except the warm-up and the time Cell explicitly sat still and asked to Goku to hit him as a test at the very beginning, then smiled afterwards.
I count everything after they're stated to no longer be warming-up. What does Cell say after being hit by Goku? That the fight is only fun if their powers are close, implying Cell was fighting Goku at a level close to his own power. Even after Cell speed blitzes him and punches Goku in the face in the beginning of the next chapter, Goku dodges his next attack and kicks him in the air. Both then proceed to miss each other with their follow-up attacks. Cell had an advantage, but there was nothing one-sided about that unless you choose to only focus on the part where Cell starts landing solid hits on him.
He blocked the Kamehameha, and since it harmed him, I'm sure he would have dodged it if he could. By this logic, the Kamehameha is inferior to that generic ki blast Buu threw out earlier, as Goku felt the need to dodge that by teleporting.
Or he teleported away from it to get in position to open Kid Boo up from behind like we're actually shown? I don't recall any of the Boo's doing a normal antennae beam, though I might've simply forgotten. Whatever it is, it's probably similar enough to the candy beam to make Goku want to seriously dodge it.
"Towards the end" meaning "like a minute or two into the fight" in this case.
Kid Boo never gained an advantage over Goku during their battle.
There's a difference between "having no chance" and simply being nowhere near the same tier.
Mr. Boo was fighting a losing battle, which means he's too weak to make a difference in the battle. Tier talk is whatever.
There's nothing Goku did to prove he was on Pure Buu's level that Mr. Buu didn't also do. He was covered in wounds and was exhausted, while complaining that Buu wasn't hurt at all and wasn't taking him seriously. Which is why he said he needed to wipe Buu out with one big attack.
You can't weaken Boo without a huge advantage in power. You know, something Kid Boo actually does when he wallops Mr. Boo. Goku had no advantage, while Kid Boo had an advantage in other areas. What Goku had was power to fight Kid Boo without being overpowered. Meanwhile, Mr. Boo gets pounded into the sandbox. Totally comparable to Super Saiyan 3 Goku--while quickly giving up after landing these supposed damaging attacks on Kid Boo.
The one or two minute long fight which ended when Goku said he needed to charge an attack for a full minute to actually win?
What does any of this have to do with what we see during the actual battle? Show me when either overpowered the other during the battle? You can't? I don't know why you keep on bringing up the fact that Goku's Super Saiyan 3 needed time to gain energy for a full-power attack, or that he was losing energy. Piccolo fought #17 with neither having the advantage over the other, but we know it was inevitable that #17 was going to win because he had the advantage in stamina. This is no different. Vegeta tells us Goku is the only one with enough power to fight Kid Boo.
No, it was. Cell just likes beating the shit out of people while giving them little chance. He only needed Goku to put up enough of a fight to give him a workout, not enough to actually have any chance at victory. It's like how some people can still have fun by fighting against inferior opponents in real life. It makes them actually use a tiny bit of effort while also giving them a chance to show off and screw around.
Goku made him use up a lot of Chi to regenerate. After doing that, both of them are fighting and hitting each other simultaneously.
No, he didn't. That was his whole offense, unless AGAIN you count the very beginning, where Cell sat still and invited Goku to hit him. I don't know why anyone would count that, since he then proceeds to smile and blitz Goku before pounding him around effortlessly.
Yet Goku is still able to dodge him and knock him into the air. The fact that both were dodging each other on an even level shows there wasn't a ridiculous enough difference between them at that point. At the end of the day, the fights end with Cell raising a barrier because Goku's Chi-blasts were damaging him. All you need to do is take a look at Cell right there to come to that conclusion...
It was anything but a good fight. For most of it, Goku couldn't actually land a solid hit on Cell without teleporting.
Cell says it was a good fight.
That ki blast barrage technique Goku used. It didn't actually do anything other than make Cell think that he may as well block it with a barrier instead of tank it.
That's a nice interpretation. Too bad Cell decides to use a barrier after tanking it for a bit. Meaning, the power behind Goku's technique was more powerful than he was expecting.
1. It isn't. Goku's ki blasts stinging Cell's arm until he decided to put up a barrier to block them isn't impressive at all.
Landing a headbutt and a Chi-blast that does generic lolmakeBooregenerate damage isn't impressive at all.
2. Even if it WAS impressive, that'd still only be a statement on that particular technique (Cell himself said he didn't expect the technique to be that strong, and he knows exactly how strong Goku is at that point).
Doesn't matter if it's on the particular technique. The fact of the matter is that it made him raise a barrier so he could stop taking hits. Far better than anything Mr. Boo did, which was nothing.
I'm looking at the part where they were actually fighting.
More like you're looking at the part where Cell does well and nothing else afterwards. Selective reading.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

SSJ2FutureGohan
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2FutureGohan » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:02 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:Well, I think it depends on your definition of trouble. Kid Trunks doesn't accomplish anything relevant without fusing with Goten at all. I doubt he is even stronger than Freeza.
He landed a hit on Vegeta and took a reflex punch with barely a bruise. Base Kid Trunks would stomp even SSJ mecha freeza arc Trunks. The kids aren't that weak.

Angelus
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Angelus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:47 am

Let's have some match ups, shall we?

Dai Kaioshin VS Good/Mr. Buu
[No absorbing/candy beam/blowing up the planet]

Drum VS Yajirobe with sword (first appearance), 22nd WMAT Tien, Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, and Jackie Chun
[No evil containment wave]

100% Final Form Frieza VS Base Bardock + King Vegeta Potara Fusion (Great Ape form too if needed)
[No blowing up of planets]

25th WMAT SSJ Gohan VS Post-ROSAT SSJ Kid Trunks and Goten

mysticboy

Post by mysticboy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:25 am

Angelus wrote: Dai Kaioshin VS Good/Mr. Buu
[No absorbing/candy beam/blowing up the planet]
Buu kills Dia Kaioshin
Drum VS Yajirobe with sword (first appearance), 22nd WMAT Tenshinhan, Goku, Krillin, Yamcha, and Jackie Chun
[No evil containment wave]
Drum gets gangraped
100% Final Form Freeza VS Base Bardock + King Vegeta Potara Fusion (Great Ape form too if needed)
[No blowing up of planets]
Freeza one-shots Bargeta
25th WMAT SSJ Gohan VS Post-ROSAT SSJ Kid Trunks and Goten
Gohan should win with considerable difficulty

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:29 am

That's pre-ultra divine water Goku, by the way.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:48 am

He could and did stomp him. That's what we see.
Maybe by some standards. But not by DB standards. A true stomp is when the stronger fighter moves so fast their opponent can't see them, and sits and tanks attacks without budging.
After a long off-screen pummeling we never got to see. The last thing Mr. Boo did was slam Kid Boo off of him, get his candy beam dodged, and proceeds to get opened up by Kid Boo once again.
"Pummeling"? Citation needed.

And I find it funny that you try to argue that blowing apart a Buu means nothing in the same post where you argue that Pure Buu blowing apart Mr. Buu means something.
Kid Boo can dodge a candy beam from close range while on the ground, yet he somehow can't dodge a blast from a further distance? Good to know.
The Candy Beam is extremely slow.
Kid Boo dodged Mr. Boo's initial blast because he had no idea where it even came from. All he saw was a random Chi-blast coming at him and instinctively dodged it. He didn't dodge his blast for the same reason he didn't dodge Vegeta's barrage of Chi-blasts: because he never felt a need to.
He can sense his ki, as well as see the blast's movement. He should know whether or not it's a threat. His expression indicates it was.
Also, Kid Boo is actually shown with noticeable marks on his face after firing the Kamehameha at Goku, which indicated that Goku did some visible damage to him not pertaining to blowing him apart. Show me proof that Mr. Boo did the same. I'll wait.
Why does a physical bruise or scratch suddenly matter so much more than blowing him apart? A bruise obviously does less to impair his ability to fight, and both a bruise and a missing body part can be easily regenerated from.
Kid Boo having a bigger power advantage over Vegeta than he does Mr. Boo doesn't change the fact that Mr. Boo is still fodder to Kid Boo.
Nope. "Fodder" is what Krillin was to Recoome. Unless Super Buu can be considered fodder to Gotenks, or Goku can be considered fodder to the suppressed Cell, "fodder" isn't an apt description. And you're missing the point: having an advantage over Vegeta wouldn't matter unless the advantage was big enough to put him at least somewhat close to Pure Buu.
Not when we're told which one is weaker.
We're not. Provide proof that the power Fat Buu used against Goku was greater than the power Mr. Buu had when he fought Pure Buu (especially in light of the latter's blatantly superior feats).
Because it wasn't. Cell was better and had the advantage, but the fact that Goku able to do significant damage with his Instant Kamehameha is a hella lot better than Mr. Boo, who couldn't stop himself from eating Kid Boo's fist.
Mr. Buu blew Pure Buu apart, same as Goku did to Cell. Actually, if anything Mr. Buu's feat was more impressive, since he did it with a regular ki blast, while Goku had to stack two special techniques. The only difference is that Buu continually regenerates his ki, while Cell doesn't. And Goku couldn't stop himself from eating Cell's fist, either.
Cell's attacks didn't slow Goku down at all, either
Bullshit. After Cell was through with him, Goku was so weak that a Cell Jr could casually kick his ass.
Which, again, doesn't mean a damn thing. The damage wasn't large enough to indicate Kid Boo was overtaking the battle. It was normal battle damage that happens when a battle of equals is taking place.
It does, since you're using the same logic against Mr. Buu (i.e. "Pure Buu regenerated from the damage, therefore it doesn't matter").
Not if the one who's getting worked has greater power, regeneration and stamina that gives him more opportunities to return normal and fight longer than one (Vegeta) who doesn't. Being beat close to death indicates Kid Boo had enough power behind his attacks to not only drop Boo's power, but also make his regeneration all but useless against him. That's a big enough difference.
No, that won't mean a damn thing if the power level gap is still that large. Again: a x1.5 gap in power, suppressed Goku completely god-stomped Burter and Jeice at the same time. They couldn't even see him, and he KO'd Burter in three blows. Are you seriously going to tell me that this fight was as one-sided or more one-sided than Goku vs Burter?
Vegeta hit him with a Chi-blast that he didn't bother to dodge. No. The Vegeta domination is a perfect example of what happens when someone has access to less power, stamina, and the ability to regenerate. That's why it's silly to even compare Mr. Boo to Vegeta; he's fundamentally better than him in every way possible. Naturally Vegeta wouldn't be able to take half of the shit Mr. Boo could take.
If you're speaking of his regeneration, that doesn't actually relate to his speed and offensive power, which he showed against Pure Buu. Vegeta vs Pure Buu is an example of what happens when Pure Buu actually is way, way stronger than his opponent. He doesn't take hits for the lulz. He just beats them up.

Also, he didn't let the blast hit him. He just suppressed himself to SS2 Vegeta's level, and was surprised by the power of that one attack. Hence his shocked look after it hit him.
Why? We have Piccolo saying Gotenks is on-par with Super Boo.
No, we don't. We have Piccolo saying that Gotenks is at least on par with Super Buu. And even if he did say that, it wouldn't override the actual fight.
Before Gotenks uses that mouth blast to stun Boo, the fight is just straight-up even.
Nope. Gotenks had a very clear upper hand the whole time, both before and after the mouth blast.

FYI: Buu hit Gotenks with a mouth blast first. Gotenks still beat the shit out of him. It's not some super game changing move.
Then that leaves us with a few possibilities:

1) Super Boo and Gotenks are about equal, but Gotenks was able to gain an advantage towards the end because he decided to fight more seriously or Boo lost focus
2) Super Boo was holding-back against Gotenks. The plan was to absorb Gotenks to combat the person (Gohan) Boo thought would be more powerful than him
3) Gotenks was stronger than Super Boo and went all-out towards the end. But then, why does Boo only consider Gohan as being the strongest and not Gotenks as well?
Buu likely doesn't consider Gotenks stronger than him, because he can still beat him in an actual fight (as he did) despite his inferior power ("strength" can mean more than raw power; see Tenshinhan bragging that he got stronger after Yamcha showed him the Kamehameha).
Either way, that battle is not comparable to Kid Boo's pulverization of Mr. Boo in the least
It's almost the exact same fight. The blows Super Buu lands on Gotenks are even the exact same types of moves that Mr. Buu lands on Pure Buu. The only difference is that Mr. Buu was apparently fighting Pure Buu for much longer than Super Buu was fighting Gotenks.
Super Boo looked a lot better than Mr. Boo and only got overwhelmed near the end.
No he didn't. He was always getting beaten on. And if you want to get technical, Mr. Buu was only being overwhelmed near the end too. They charged at each other. Pure Buu hits Mr. Buu. Mr. Buu hits Pure Buu. Pure Buu slams Mr. Buu into the ground. Mr. Buu blows off half of Pure Buu's body. Pure Buu blows off half of Mr. Buu's body. They regenerate. Mr. Buu tries to punch Pure Buu, but Pure Buu dodges it and elbows Mr. Buu before putting him in a headlock. Mr. Buu counters this by grabbing Pure Buu with his tentacle and choke slamming him into the ground. He follows up with a Candy Beam, which Pure Buu dodges. Pure Buu blows a hole through Mr. Buu's body. Mr. Buu regenerates. They have a panel depicting one of those quick-punch sequences. Then it cuts to Goku and Vegeta.

That was the beginning of the fight. He was clearly holding his own at that point, arguably better than Super Buu was (he didn't get a whole devastating combo landed on him at the very beginning like Super Buu did).

Mr. Buu vs Pure Buu was a closer fight than Super Buu vs SS3 Gotenks: http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/88/t202 ... gap-close/
Mr. Boo got his ass beat from beginning to end, while landing a few useless attacks along the way.
You could use the same words to describe Super Buu vs Gotenks.
I count everything after they're stated to no longer be warming-up. What does Cell say after being hit by Goku? That the fight is only fun if their powers are close, implying Cell was fighting Goku at a level close to his own power
He said close, to some extent. Which they were. Cell couldn't just one-shot Goku or anything. But he clearly had a huge advantage.
Even after Cell speed blitzes him and punches Goku in the face in the beginning of the next chapter, Goku dodges his next attack and kicks him in the air
He doesn't really seem to kick him, going by Cell's motions in that panel. He either pushed off him, or threw a kick that Cell blocked.
Both then proceed to miss each other with their follow-up attacks. Cell had an advantage, but there was nothing one-sided about that unless you choose to only focus on the part where Cell starts landing solid hits on him.
They trade blows for a VERY limited amount of time at the beginning. Goku lands zero hits in this time without teleportation, and right after Cell lands a devastating combo, with Goku being completely unable to dodge or effectively retaliate.
Or he teleported away from it to get in position to open Kid Boo up from behind like we're actually shown?
And he just so happened to do it at the exact same time Pure Buu fired a beam.

I think it would be common sense that it's generally better to NOT get hit by attacks, but what do I know?
I don't recall any of the Boo's doing a normal antennae beam, though I might've simply forgotten. Whatever it is, it's probably similar enough to the candy beam to make Goku want to seriously dodge it.
Again, just because he dodged it, doesn't mean it was a one-hit kill threat or anything. It just means he'd rather not get hit, which is... obvious.
Kid Boo never gained an advantage over Goku during their battle.
If you choose to nitpick "their battle" was their limited hand to hand exchange while completely disregarding the state they were both in right before Goku called it off, then sure.
Mr. Boo was fighting a losing battle, which means he's too weak to make a difference in the battle. Tier talk is whatever.
No, it just means he was losing. If Mr. Buu had been around from the very beginning, we likely would have seen a very different result.
You can't weaken Boo without a huge advantage in power. You know, something Kid Boo actually does when he wallops Mr. Boo. Goku had no advantage, while Kid Boo had an advantage in other areas. What Goku had was power to fight Kid Boo without being overpowered. Meanwhile, Mr. Boo gets pounded into the sandbox. Totally comparable to Super Saiyan 3 Goku--while quickly giving up after landing these supposed damaging attacks on Kid Boo.
Again, Mr. Buu only started being "pummeled" after a long off-screen fight. While Goku had the luxury of stopping the fight when he began to sustain damage.

He didn't give up, he continued to fight. He just stated that couldn't win, which would be the case even if Pure Buu was only a sliver stronger than him.
What does any of this have to do with what we see during the actual battle? Show me when either overpowered the other during the battle? You can't? I don't know why you keep on bringing up the fact that Goku's Super Saiyan 3 needed time to gain energy for a full-power attack, or that he was losing energy. Piccolo fought #17 with neither having the advantage over the other, but we know it was inevitable that #17 was going to win because he had the advantage in stamina. This is no different. Vegeta tells us Goku is the only one with enough power to fight Kid Boo.
It's rather important when comparing the two battles. Fights like this have two distinct stages- one where the struggle is more or less even, with maybe a moderate advantage in one party's favor, and the next stage, where the dominant fighter is just shit-stomping his opponent, as the gap widens between their powers as the latter sustains damage while the former doesn't.

Goku was lucky enough to exit the battle before stage 2 happened. In his battles with both Cell and Pure Buu. Super Buu and Mr. Buu were not so lucky.

Mr. Buu didn't exist when Vegeta made that statement.
Goku made him use up a lot of Chi to regenerate. After doing that, both of them are fighting and hitting each other simultaneously.
Yes, focus on the ONE hit Goku landed in the entire battle without teleportation. Do remember that, after Cell regenerated, he and Goku both landed one hit on each other, and then Cell resumed beating the shit out of Goku. Goku tried to stop it with his ki blast barrage technique, but Cell blocked it with a barrier, causing Goku to give up.
Yet Goku is still able to dodge him and knock him into the air. The fact that both were dodging each other on an even level shows there wasn't a ridiculous enough difference between them at that point.
Only if you completely ignore that devastating combo Cell blitzed Goku with after Goku landed one of his two physical blows in the entire battle, by teleporting.
At the end of the day, the fights end with Cell raising a barrier because Goku's Chi-blasts were damaging him. All you need to do is take a look at Cell right there to come to that conclusion...
So? It's a special technique, and multiple blasts hitting him directly did exactly jack shit except maybe stinging his arms. Which is a pretty generous interpretation, given that Cell's arms aren't burned or bruised afterward, and Cell isn't rubbing his hand in pain or anything, like what usually happens when someone blocks a ki attack.
Cell says it was a good fight.
Cell is full of crap. He was casually knocking Goku around, with Goku being unable to even touch him until Cell wasted a ton of ki regenerating.
That's a nice interpretation. Too bad Cell decides to use a barrier after tanking it for a bit. Meaning, the power behind Goku's technique was more powerful than he was expecting.
Which is, again, an indication that it's the technique that was impressive, not Goku's own power. He knew Goku's strength, but was surprised by the power of that one particular move.
Landing a headbutt and a Chi-blast that does generic lolmakeBooregenerate damage isn't impressive at all.
That's still more than what the blasts did. And Buu didn't even need to use a special technique to do it.
Doesn't matter if it's on the particular technique. The fact of the matter is that it made him raise a barrier so he could stop taking hits. Far better than anything Mr. Boo did, which was nothing.
Apparently landing more physical blows (without teleportation) than Goku, as well as blowing off half of his opponent's body (without using special techniques, like Goku) is "nothing"...
More like you're looking at the part where Cell does well and nothing else afterwards. Selective reading.
I'm looking at all of it. Fact is, Goku never did anything to really make me doubt that Cell was dominating. Again, he hit Cell exactly once without using a special technique (Kamehameha, Instant Movement, Rapid-Fire Ki Blasts), and even then, only after Cell lost power. Cell, on the other hand, was easily handling Goku. He even casually "teleported" behind Goku with his arms crossed after Goku used teleportation, before knocking him into the ground. The fight had like, what, 6-7 hits for Cell, 1-2 for Goku, not counting the surprise attacks he landed with teleportation?

Mr. Buu vs Pure Buu, Super Buu vs SS3 Gotenks, Goku vs suppressed Cell, and SS Goku vs 100% Freeza are all very comparable, in terms of how even they are.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:04 am

I had another well detailed reply, but I somehow deleted it. That sucks. I can't recreate that post even if I wanted to now. Damn it. You win.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:22 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Nah, SSJ Kid Trunks' suppressed ki blast made #18 shit bricks.

Logan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Logan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:21 pm

Could a powered-up Tullece hold his own against a Super Saiyan? It's implied in Movie 3 that the Shinseiju fruit could enable the Crusher Tullece Corps. the power to take on Freeza. As Goku had little trouble against Freeza after achieving Super Saiyan, it stands to reason that it's possible.
There is no Dragon Ball canon.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:27 pm

Logan wrote:Could a powered-up Tullece hold his own against a Super Saiyan? It's implied in Movie 3 that the Shinseiju fruit could enable the Crusher Tullece Corps. the power to take on Freeza. As Goku had little trouble against Freeza after achieving Super Saiyan, it stands to reason that it's possible.
Tullece wouldn't have known about Freeza's transformations.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

singsing
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by singsing » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:31 pm

End of series Percy Jackson runs the DB gauntlet. How far does he get?

Battleground is on a beach, he gets blackjack if he wants, his normal battle armor and Riptide.

Second scenario he also gets the curse of Achilles.

He is enraged and will use all his abilities to their fullest extent (so no pussying out like he did in BoO and refuse to control poison)

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:50 pm

Logan wrote:Could a powered-up Tullece hold his own against a Super Saiyan? It's implied in Movie 3 that the Shinseiju fruit could enable the Crusher Tullece Corps. the power to take on Freeza. As Goku had little trouble against Freeza after achieving Super Saiyan, it stands to reason that it's possible.
In DB wiki, it says that Tullece reached a power level of 4.7 million by eating the last fruit before Goku beat him. Plus, Tullece had the potential to turn great ape, which would bring him to a power level of 47 Million. We don't know how much of a power level booster each fruit is. But if they can grow it on several planets, and there's no cap on how much power you can gain from eating the fruits, then yeah, they could potentially surpass Frieza. That is, if they eat enough fruits to surpass final form Frieza. If they only eat enough fruits to surpass Frieza's 2nd or 3rd form, then they all die once Frieza transforms to his final form. In summary, those fruits could potentially boost their power levels to enable them to beat Frieza but without prior knowledge on how powerful Frieza truly is, they won't know how much fruits they would have to consume. If they eat an insufficient amount of fruits and then go fight final form Frieza, then they all die. If they consumed enough, then they can kill Frieza. Another scenario, if they ate enough to surpass 2nd or 3rd form Frieza, they could just go ambush Frieza, who would be in his first form by default. If they finish of Frieza quickly, not giving him a chance to transform, then Tullece and his Corps win.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:36 pm

17 or 18 in a one on one with 13 and then 17 and 18 against Super 13.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Logan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Logan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:44 pm

Angelus wrote:
In DB wiki, it says that Tullece reached a power level of 4.7 million by eating the last fruit before Goku beat him. Plus, Tullece had the potential to turn great ape, which would bring him to a power level of 47 Million.
Refresh my memory, what was Freeza's battle power in his true form?

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:50 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:17 or 18 in a one on one with 13 and then 17 and 18 against Super 13.
The twins win both battles (IMO).
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:50 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:17 or 18 in a one on one with 13 and then 17 and 18 against Super 13.
What the heck? People throwing in new match ups already but there were several left behind.

Super 13 is supposed to be a bit weaker than Android 16 so 17 and 18 gets destroyed.

13 gets wrecked. 13 wasn't stomping the SSJs in the movie, the same way 17 and 18 could.
Logan wrote:
Angelus wrote:
In DB wiki, it says that Tullece reached a power level of 4.7 million by eating the last fruit before Goku beat him. Plus, Tullece had the potential to turn great ape, which would bring him to a power level of 47 Million.
Refresh my memory, what was Freeza's battle power in his true form?
Frieza is supposed to be at 120 Million or something.

Logan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Logan » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:26 pm

Ooh, wow. Didn't remember it being that high. In that case, going by the wiki info on Tullece's battle power, he's out of his league with Freeza. Unless he could take him out before making any transformations.