A Few Random What-If Thoughts

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

A Few Random What-If Thoughts

Post by VegettoEX » Thu May 24, 2012 3:23 pm

So 1UP has been running a whole "What If?" week that I've been thoroughly enjoying, and I'm not above ripping off other great ideas and using them for my own personal gain and enjoyment... so hey, let's play!

Something that's been tossed out there a whole lot has been: "What if Toriyama stayed with #19 & #20 as originally planned?" I'm going to leave that be for now, because I'm pretty sure we have some great threads that could be dived back into. If anyone wants to dig 'em up and link 'em, I'd love to read 'em!

So here are a few of my own. What do you think would change in the course of the story, and how would it affect later events?

GOKU'S TAIL
It's later revealed that Saiyan tails can grow back... at least up until a certain age. Or something. But what if Goku's tail never grew back after the gang cut it off at Pilaf's castle? Jackie Chun would probably have still won the 21st Tenka'ichi Budokai anyway, but that dramatic scene where Goku's stuck in the containment wave thing would never have happened. Seeing Gohan transform later in the Saiyan arc probably would have held a little more weight to it (and it already did, not having been seen for so long). Then of course you get into the moon... Wolf-Man/Man-Wolf would have been a totally different situation!

GOKU AND THE CAR
What if Goku didn't hit the car at the 22nd Tenka'ichi Budokai, causing him to bounce to the ground first? Would he and Tenshinhan have hit the ground at the exact same moment? I haven't gone back to check, but was someone falling faster than the other? Would it have even mattered if Goku won instead of Tenshinhan? T-Guy was already quasi-reformed by the time the end of the tournament came around, so his internal mini-arc was wrapped up well enough as it was. Would Goku have gotten too cocky about winning such a major tournament too early, as Kame-Sen'nin was worried about a while earlier?

LUNCH
Hey, what if crazy lady stuck around? This one's all Toriyama, but what if he didn't forget? Like many other characters, she had pretty much served her purpose by this point, so I don't know that there was a whole lot left for her to do anyway... Does anyone have any creative ideas to keep her a part of the gang in a meaningful way?

YAJIROBE WINS! OR KURIRIN. EITHER OR.
What if Kuririn got in that final blow to Vegeta with Yajirobe's sword? Or what if Yajirobe managed to cut the bastard for real? I can see Goku holding a grudge against Kuririn for quite a long time -- he wanted to be able to fight the guy. I can see that straining the relationship between the two friends, but perhaps Gohan being stuck with him for the trip to Namek (which they would have done anyway to wish their friends back) would get Gohan talking positively about the dude to his dad, winning him over again? Maybe Kuririn would go out of his way to protect Gohan even more than normal? The bigger question is how the heroes would survive the trip to Namek without Vegeta there for "help"...

YAMCHA PAYS ATTENTION
I'm not anti-Yamcha or anything. I like the dude. I think he's worthwhile. So what would have happened if he didn't drop his guard against what he thought was a defeated Saibaiman? Would anything have made a real difference? Would Nappa have just been forced to enter the fray earlier than he did, guaranteeing the death of the same set of heroes, anyway? Or would having one extra set of hands have kept Piccolo alive a little longer until Goku arrived?

I guess some of that comes down to power and how everyone stacks up against everyone else, but I think there's a good bunch of strategy that could be involved there, too. Anyone more creative than I have some good answers, or even some other questions to toss into the mix?

It's a long weekend. Entertain me.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Piccolo Daimao
Kicks it Old-School

Re: A Few Random What-If Thoughts

Post by Piccolo Daimao » Thu May 24, 2012 3:51 pm

Gokuu’s tail:I’m not sure whether or not Gokuu would’ve even gotten past his match with Giran, since it was touted that the reason he avoided (presumed) ring-out from his punch was because his tail grew back in the nick of time and Giran caught that, instead of his actual body. But I suppose Gokuu would find a way, like suddenly breaking out at the last minute. But I don’t understand what you mean by him being “stuck in the containment wave”.

Later, at the 22nd Tenkaichi Budoukai, Man-Wolf would have no reason to enter as revenge against Muten Roushi, so Tenshinhan would’ve just gotten Chaozu to match him up with some other random fighter.

Gokuu and the car: I think Tenshinhan may’ve been falling faster than Gokuu, who’d used a weak Kamehameha to propel himself back into the air, causing him to win. But no, it wouldn’t have mattered. Tenshinhan was, for all intents and purposes, reformed now, pretty much after he renounced the Tsuru-sen School. But Kame-sennin told Tenshinhan after he deliberately lost that he knew, even if they did win, they were mature enough to not get cocky (and he probably entered again more for new student Yamcha’s sake anyway). It was only really after he defeated Piccolo Daimaou that Gokuu got so cocky, but a quick beat-down by Mr. Popo was enough to undo that.

Lunch: There’d be some funny moments with her and Vegeta, and she’d be able to get the others seats at the front with her gun again, but other than that, she’d do the same thing she’d always done: nothing.

Yajirobe/Kuririn kills Vegeta: I don’t believe that Gokuu would hold a grudge against Kuririn, since he’s not that kind of guy and he’d be able to understand his actions. Gokuu himself knew how stupid it was, and he’d probably just shrug it off and continue training. I’m not sure myself how the heroes would survive on Namek without Vegeta. I guess they’d either be killed by Zarbon or Gurd, or Gokuu would somehow get there in time to save them. Or maybe Nail would actually fly to help them, since perhaps he counted on Vegeta’s strength along with the other two to protect them against the Ginyuu Special-Squad.

Of course, that might mean that there’d be no Nail for Piccolo to merge with, so Freeza may end up killing them all and, when he can’t get the DBs for himself, blowing up the planet.

Yamcha pays attention: Either Yamcha fights and kills the rest of the Saibaimen, or the Saibaimen really do fight them six-on-six, except Piccolo has to kill Gohan’s Saibaimen and Tenshinhan has to kill Chaozu’s Saibaimen. Or Gohan’s dormant power comes to the surface and he actually kills his Saibaimen.

After that, I’m not sure.
Holden Caulfield in [b][i]The Catcher in the Rye[/i][/b] wrote:I hope to hell when I do die somebody has sense enough to just dump me in the river or something. Anything except sticking me in a goddam cemetery. People coming and putting a bunch of flowers on your stomach on Sunday, and all that crap. Who wants flowers when you're dead? Nobody.

012yArthur0
Beyond Newbie

Post by 012yArthur0 » Thu May 24, 2012 3:55 pm

I actually liked Launch around in DB, I just disliked how they removed her and everyone just forgets her. I mean, actually a decent story about her disapearance would be good, and what happened to her afterwards would be awesome.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 pm

GOKU'S TAIL

I think Goku turning into the Great Ape during his match is the highlight of the tournament by far, so of course I would think that without that scene the first tournament arc would have been a lot less exciting. I don't think Goku having two transformation instead of one mitigates the impact of Gohan's in the Saiyan Arc, since Goku's happen pretty early in the story and the scenes are pretty close to one another.
But him not having his tail anymore would effect more than just the first tournament arc story wise. Goku's tail played an important role in his development as a fighter since it was a weakness he hadn't yet overcome . He even gets chided for it by his grandfather, which is another fight that would have gone very differently had Goku not had his tail. Cutting it off while it was still his weakest point would cheat him out of an important character development.

GOKU AND THE CAR

IIrc, Toriyama mentioned in an interview once that he didn't let Goku win the first tournament because everybody (fans) expected him to since he was the main character. I'm guessing the same idea applies for the second to an extent. What I believe would have changed the most though, is how the character and the audience perceive the next tournament. If he wins this time, he might lose interest in the TB since it was an accomplishment he can check on the list. Without that desire to finally win the tournament, while he was fighting a global threat the 23rd tournament final loses some of it's flavor. Just think of the scene after the battle when Goku jumps in the air out of joy because he finally won. This is meaningful because you know it took + 6 years of hard training and 2 tournaments to get there. Also , not to mention that him caring about the official match at all while the earth's fate was at stake tells the audience a lot about him as a character.

LUNCH

I would have loved for her to stick around even though there wouldn't be much left for her to do. She could be a source for comedy. And I think she could have been well suited to join Bulma and co. on their trip to Namek. There is a lot of potential, including serving as means to introduce Tenshinhan's three-eyed, severely bipolar kid, if Toriyama felt the need to make another addition to the new generation (my least favorite idea btw ).

I don't think Goku would hold a grudge against him, because as I did mentioned before, later in the story, he does express regret at having let Vegeta go. I think he would be disappointed at having lost his chance at a rematch, but would ultimately understand. Afterall, his friends died too. And I can't imagine Goku holding a grudge because of something like that. But I get the main idea. I would have LOVED to see something similar in the story, something that tests friendships and bonds, something a little more character driven.
As for Vegeta not being part of the story from that point on....wow, where to start....

YAMCHA PAYS ATTENTION

The only difference I can imagine is the game lasting a little longer. Everybody would get their turn with the Saibamen. It would have been interesting to see Gohan handle his first real fight, but I'm guessing he would have won too. But I doubt it would have made a lot of difference time wise and I can imagine things turning out pretty much the same once Nappa enters the stage.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Thu May 24, 2012 4:40 pm

GOKU'S TAIL

I think Goku turning into the Great Ape during his match is the highlight of the tournament by far, so of course I would think that without that scene the first tournament arc would have been a lot less exciting. I don't think Goku having two transformation instead of one mitigates the impact of Gohan's in the Saiyan Arc, since Goku's happen pretty early in the story and the scenes are pretty close to one another.
But him not having his tail anymore would effect more than just the first tournament arc story wise. Goku's tail played an important role in his development as a fighter since it was a weakness he hadn't yet overcome . He even gets chided for it by his grandfather, which is another fight that would have gone very differently had Goku not had his tail. Cutting it off while it was still his weakest point would cheat him out of an important character development.

GOKU AND THE CAR

IIrc, Toriyama mentioned in an interview once that he didn't let Goku win the first tournament because everybody (fans) expected him to since he was the main character. I'm guessing the same idea applies for the second to an extent. What I believe would have changed the most though, is how the character and the audience perceive the next tournament however. If he wins this time, he might lose interest in the TB (like he does later) since it was an accomplishment he can check on the list. Without that desire to finally win the tournament, while he was fighting a global threat, the 23rd tournament final loses some of it's flavor. Just think of the scene after the battle when Goku jumps in the air out of joy because he finally won. This is meaningful because you know it took + 6 years of hard training and 2 tournaments to get there. Also , not to mention that him caring about the official match at all while the earth's fate was at stake tells the audience a lot about him as a character.

LUNCH

I would have loved for her to stick around even though there wouldn't be much left for her to do. She could be a source for comedy. And I think she could have been well suited to join Bulma and co. on their trip to Namek. There is a lot of potential, including serving as means to introduce Tenshinhan's three-eyed, severely bipolar kid, if Toriyama felt the need to make another addition to the new generation (my least favorite idea btw ).

I don't think Goku would hold a grudge against him, because as I did mentioned before, later in the story, he does express regret at having let Vegeta go. I think he would be disappointed at having lost his chance at a rematch, but would ultimately understand. Afterall, his friends died too. And I can't imagine Goku holding a grudge because of something like that. But I get the main idea. I would have LOVED to see something similar in the story, something that tests friendships and bonds, something a little more character driven.
As for Vegeta not being part of the story from that point on....wow, where to start....

YAMCHA PAYS ATTENTION

The only difference I can imagine is the game lasting a little longer. Everybody would get their turn with the Saibamen. It would have been interesting to see Gohan handle his first real fight, but I'm guessing he would have won too. But I doubt it would have made a lot of difference time wise and I can imagine things turning out pretty much the same once Nappa enters the stage.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu May 24, 2012 5:02 pm

So here's a few more possible "What Ifs"...

Gokū kills Freeza in Namek
In the original story, Freeza just barely survives Gokū's final blast on Namek before the planet explodes. What if he hadn't lived? Without Freeza and Cold going to Earth for revenge, would Gokū have lasted long enough in the original timeline to help out with the androids? Would it even make a difference? If he didn't, how would Trunks' first appearance be with no Freeza?

Gokū lives in the Cell Games
What if Gohan managed to kill Cell before he blew himself up? How would the Majin Boo arc have gone with an alive Gokū (who would not have learned Fusion in the afterlife)? Would Vegeta still have succumbed to Babidi's magic if Gokū hadn't humiliated him by sacrificing his life?

Piccolo survives against Nappa
What if Gokū arrived just early enough to give the dying Piccolo a senzu? Without the Earth Dragon Balls disappearing, they probably wouldn't have needed to go to Namek (although Jiaozi would still be dead) which would mean they wouldn't meet Freeza. Would Freeza become immortal? Or would he just be stuck with useless balls since he doesn't speak Namekian? Would Vegeta survive in Namek by himself? Would the folks back on Earth get slaughtered by the androids?

Piccolo Daimaō doesn't manage to spit out an egg
Piccolo doesn't live long enough to spit out an egg. God dies along with him, there's no Piccolo Jr, and Jiaozi, Muten-Rōshi and Kuririn stay dead. No Dragon Balls. How boring would the 23rd tournament be? How would Radits' coming turn out?
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

theawesomepossum777
Beyond Newbie

Post by theawesomepossum777 » Thu May 24, 2012 5:13 pm

If Goku actually killed Freeza on Namek, Trunks probably would not have anyone to slice up like a badass. Though King Cold would still eventually figure out that his son is dead, but then he will be sliced up into tiny pieces by a second Super Saiyan. 8)

Also, maybe the timelines wouldn't be as screwed up as they turned out.

Akumaito Beam
Regular

Post by Akumaito Beam » Thu May 24, 2012 5:17 pm

Kuririn kills Vegeta

Goku pleads for Kuririn to keep Vegeta alive but Kuririn responds with a strained “I’m sorry Goku” and stabs Vegeta through the chest. Goku furrows his brow and grits his teeth in frustration but his expression softens soon after, it wouldn’t be the first time Goku had an “Oh well” sort of attitude to what we would assume to be a big disappointment. I would imagine he would just look forward to stronger opponents somewhere else down the road. Kuririn apologizes to Goku trying to explain his position all the way back home but Goku waves his hand at the notion and reassures his best friend that it’s okay. Kuririn reveals his knowledge about Piccolo’s home world and the Dragon Balls and they decide to go to Namek to revive their dead friends. Bulma explains to them their space ship troubles but they knew exactly where Vegeta’s space pod had landed, the only issue is that it seats but one person. Bulma and her dad take a few weeks to make a modified version of it to seat Goku, Gohan, Kuririn comfortably. Since there was no need to know Namekian Bulma stays back on Earth. It takes 30 days to travel to Namek but in the few weeks it took to rebuild Vegeta’s space pod Freeza has gained a slightly increased strangle hold on the planet. Kaio warns Goku not to mess with Freeza or his soldiers; Goku being Goku gets really excited at the prospect of such strong fighters (Vegeta being a forgotten thought after this revelation.)

Lunch

Lunch could become something of a weapons expert. Bulma could design high powered gadgets and Lunch would have the balls to go to the battlefield and use them. Commander White’s high powered gun put a dent in Son and Hatchan in the Red Ribbon Arc and there’s no reason to believe Bulma couldn’t match that sort of design. Yeah, I’m totally saying Lunch could have been Batgirl. That would also have extend the life of her sneezing gag.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Thu May 24, 2012 6:57 pm

theawesomepossum777 wrote:If Goku actually killed Freeza on Namek, Trunks probably would not have anyone to slice up like a badass. Though King Cold would still eventually figure out that his son is dead, but then he will be sliced up into tiny pieces by a second Super Saiyan. 8)

Also, maybe the timelines wouldn't be as screwed up as they turned out.
Cold would know that his son died on Namek, but he would have no way of knowing about the Earth.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Thu May 24, 2012 7:21 pm

I still can't believe Toriyama didn't include her after the 23rd tenkaichi. But anyways, she could have just been a character for laughs and just have her live at Roshi's. I would have been better than seeing Oolong and Turtle every time. Imagine her trying to shoot Good Piccolo or Vegeta, that would be hilarious! I'm not really sure how she could be used in a more meaningful way though.. I would have liked if there was another kid around Gohan's age. Maybe give her a child and have Tenshinhan as the father. Or hey maybe they could of had her cheat with Yamcha and there could be so drama between Bulma and her.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu May 24, 2012 8:44 pm

YAMCHA PAYS ATTENTION
I'm not anti-Yamcha or anything. I like the dude. I think he's worthwhile. So what would have happened if he didn't drop his guard against what he thought was a defeated Saibaiman? Would anything have made a real difference? Would Nappa have just been forced to enter the fray earlier than he did, guaranteeing the death of the same set of heroes, anyway? Or would having one extra set of hands have kept Piccolo alive a little longer until Goku arrived?

I guess some of that comes down to power and how everyone stacks up against everyone else, but I think there's a good bunch of strategy that could be involved there, too. Anyone more creative than I have some good answers, or even some other questions to toss into the mix?
That's a thought, actually. Had Yamcha evaded that Saibaiman and escaped with his life I could see the grown-ups agreeing to keep their guard up even more. From there on out they quickly kill the Saibaiman before they can take the offensive, leaving us with everyone on hand for when Nappa first strikes. Seeing as how he went for Tenshinhan in the series proper, he could do it in this theoritical timeline or decide to go after Yamcha, whom had overcome his soldier's kamikaze.

Let's assume Nappa goes after Tenshinhan like he does in the series proper. Ten, now beside himself (...'cause his arm is on the ground, amirite Kaiou-sama?) in pain, gets a save from the combined efforts of his friends. With Yamcha around, he uses a Sou-ki-dan to distract Nappa for a little bit while Chaozu tends to his wounds, trying to convince his Ten-san to make like a tree. Ten, too proud to abandon the fight, begins focusing his ki through meditation to relieve the stress and gather his thoughts (that sounds martial artsy, right?) while Yamcha, Piccolo, and Kuririn keep Nappa distracted. Gohan, still shaking in his boots, ultimately overcomes his fear and fires at Nappa, not having become further frightened by the deaths of Yamcha, Chaozu, and Tenshinhan. Still, Nappa survives rather unscathed from the combined power of the four Earthlings' techniques, save for maybe his armor.

Vegeta, amused by the scurrying teamwork deployed by the Earthlings, laughs when Gohan tells him that when his dad shows up they'll be mince-meat. Vegeta re-leashes (wow, didn't even see that one coming until I wrote it) Nappa for three hours to give Kakarrotto time to show up. Of course, with the Goddess of Luck being the fickle lady she is, Gokuu fails to arrive in the three hours, leaving only our six friends to deal with our tea-time guests. In the meantime, Piccolo materializes a bandage for Tenshinhan's lumber-jack'd limb and the six friends huddle 'round the campfire to discuss their less-than-high chances of making love to their wive's one last time (not that any of them are married).

The battle begins anew, with everyone throwing their lot into at least taking down that big son of a bitch. Even Tenshinhan, still suffering from pain, throws his down his hand!! Ten has Piccolo materialize a hook on his hand and in a swift motion gets in close enough to tear out from of Nappa's eyes. An impressive combo and strategy of hit-and-run tactics keep Nappa at bay, but his fury is steadily growing as he finds it difficult to get in a good hit and hear him some bones shatter. Finally, with their stamina waning, the gang fears that they've met the end of their rope. When Gohan finds himself at the receiving end of a nasty ball of ki, Piccolo leaps in the way, taking the blast. With Piccolo having passed, Gohan's fury explodes. Gohan unleashes a Masen-kou, but Nappa deflects it with little effort. With everyone else too tired to move, Gohan seems like he's about to meet the bottom on Nappa's boot...until Gokuu swoops in from behind and sends Nappa flying with a kick and his spine through his chest!!

Uh...yeah.
Last edited by JulieYBM on Thu May 24, 2012 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:13 pm

If Yamucha didn't die from the Saibaiman then I can't imagine anything be different. I'm pretty sure Nappa would still have killed him in combat.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu May 24, 2012 10:17 pm

I think he'd just be killed by the next Saibaiman.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Fox666
I Live Here

Post by Fox666 » Thu May 24, 2012 10:50 pm

Puto wrote:Gokū kills Freeza in Namek
In the original story, Freeza just barely survives Gokū's final blast on Namek before the planet explodes. What if he hadn't lived? Without Freeza and Cold going to Earth for revenge, would Gokū have lasted long enough in the original timeline to help out with the androids? Would it even make a difference? If he didn't, how would Trunks' first appearance be with no Freeza?
The most important aspect of the history that would change is that Cell would not have Freeza and King Cold cells, and would be much weaker.
Puto wrote:Gokū lives in the Cell Games
What if Gohan managed to kill Cell before he blew himself up? How would the Majin Boo arc have gone with an alive Gokū (who would not have learned Fusion in the afterlife)? Would Vegeta still have succumbed to Babidi's magic if Gokū hadn't humiliated him by sacrificing his life?
Goku would transform in Super Saiyan 3 and kill Majin Boo himself.
Puto wrote:Piccolo survives against Nappa
What if Gokū arrived just early enough to give the dying Piccolo a senzu? Without the Earth Dragon Balls disappearing, they probably wouldn't have needed to go to Namek (although Jiaozi would still be dead) which would mean they wouldn't meet Freeza. Would Freeza become immortal? Or would he just be stuck with useless balls since he doesn't speak Namekian? Would Vegeta survive in Namek by himself? Would the folks back on Earth get slaughtered by the androids?
Chaozu would stay dead. Vegeta would get killed in Namek by the Ginyu Tokusentai and Freeza would not get his wish since he can't speak namekian. Freeza would seek for the Earth Dragon Balls but would get killed by the Androids. Majin Boo would be moved outside of Earth because there is not enough energy for him.
Puto wrote:Piccolo Daimaō doesn't manage to spit out an egg
Piccolo doesn't live long enough to spit out an egg. God dies along with him, there's no Piccolo Jr, and Jiaozi, Muten-Rōshi and Kuririn stay dead. No Dragon Balls. How boring would the 23rd tournament be? How would Radits' coming turn out?
Kami dies. Kame-sennin and Kuririn stay dead. Goku did not train with Mr. Popo. Goku would not meet Chi-chi the same way he did in the 23rd Budokai and Gohan would not be born. Goku would be killed by Raditz who would also sell the Earth to Freeza. Even if Goku is dead, Dr. Gero would still seek to conquer the world and eventually the Androids would appear and kill Freeza and the others. Majin Boo would be moved outside of Earth because there is not enough energy for him.

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Thu May 24, 2012 11:13 pm

Saiga wrote:I think he'd just be killed by the next Saibaiman.
Why? Yamucha defeated his Saibaiman just as easily as Tenshinhan defeated his. If he was on his guard for one kamikaze attack, he'd be even more so on his guard after seeing one attempt to do so. But in terms of a straight on fight, no one Saibaiman has a chance against Yamucha. Now, if you're saying that in regards to Yamucha's idea of taking on all four of them, well, maybe you have something.

Anyway, I'll tackle one:

Lunch
Piccolo Daimao already beat me to the punch on this one, but I'd like to elaborate my idea on this one. Vegeta and Lunch. Plain and simple. Perfect pairing. Whether it's romantic or not, it still would have been hilarious. Vegeta, all puffed up with pride, having become Super Saiya-jin, meets this woman who can become violent and blonde just by sneezing. And Vegeta has a nervous breakdown. Hell, I'm always complaining about the earlier mystical elements being retconned to sciency-spacey stuff, but, hell, I wouldn't have complained if Vegeta found out or revealed that she was some Saiya-jin offshoot or mutant, who had accidentally been sent to Earth as well as Goku. Then he teaches her to hone her powers, and she joins their ranks as a warrior. Okay, this sounds about one step away from an erotic fanfic... but, hell, it's more than Toriyama ever did with her!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 pm

Gaffer Tape wrote:
Saiga wrote:I think he'd just be killed by the next Saibaiman.
Why? Yamucha defeated his Saibaiman just as easily as Tenshinhan defeated his. If he was on his guard for one kamikaze attack, he'd be even more so on his guard after seeing one attempt to do so. But in terms of a straight on fight, no one Saibaiman has a chance against Yamucha. Now, if you're saying that in regards to Yamucha's idea of taking on all four of them, well, maybe you have something.
Sorry, yes, I was thinking about him taking on all of them.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri May 25, 2012 12:33 am

Goku would transform in Super Saiyan 3 and kill Majin Boo himself.
If Goku is alive in the Buu saga which means Vegeta would never fall under Babidi's control since he would likely keep his mouth shut during the fight between Gohan and Dabra. I would imagine that Dabra would won against Gohan and either Goku or Vegeta would have stop him. They would likely kill Babidi and destroy Buu's egg then everyone lives happily ever after. If you want to take GT into account then no one would go into space since Ubb would never be born which means Goku would not be at Kami's lookout training. Either Goku stops Bebi from taking over everyone's bodies or Bebi ends up taking over the earth.
Piccolo survives against Nappa
I guess Piccolo would help against the battle with Vegeta. Assuming that he does not get killed then he could grow into giant size and ripped off Vegeta's tail. They would use the Dragon Balls to wish back everyone to life and Chaozu would stay dead. I guess Vegeta would return back to Earth a year later and they would likely end up killing him. Everyone would live happily until #17 and #18 come years later. They would kill everyone on Earth and they could stop Cell from absorbing them seeing how weak he is without Freeza's cells.
Kuririn kills Vegeta
I think Bluma, Gohan and Kuririn would get killed by Zarbon or The Ginyu force on Namek. Assuming that Freeza does not destroy Namek by the time when Goku shows up. Goku would turn SSj and end up killing Freeza. I would imagine if everyone is dead by Goku shows up then no one gets wish back. Goku would end up getting killed years later by #17 and #18, I'm not sure if he would have the heart virus or not.
Last edited by Hellspawn28 on Fri May 25, 2012 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Fri May 25, 2012 3:51 am

Lunch
Piccolo Daimao already beat me to the punch on this one, but I'd like to elaborate my idea on this one. Vegeta and Lunch. Plain and simple. Perfect pairing. Whether it's romantic or not, it still would have been hilarious.

I wanted to add this in my first entry too but forgot to :) I'm a bit surprised that there are others who share this oppinion, I remember mentioning something about them on another board (?) but people just thought it too strange. I don't know how well they'd do as a romantic couple, since I think Vegeta needed a morality pet and Lunch doesn't really fit the bill , but they'd be a great comedy duo I think.
guess Piccolo would help against the battle with Vegeta. Assuming that he does not get killed then he could grow into giant size and ripped off Vegeta's tail. They would use the Dragon Balls to wish back everyone to life and Chaozu would stay dead. I guess Vegeta would return back to Earth a year later and they would likely end up killing him.
I'm torn between believing that Piccolo would honour Goku's request to be allowed to fight Vegeta again and letting Krillin kill Vegeta, (or even doing it himself ), since I think he can be more practical and realize from the beginning giving Vegeta a chance for revenge might be their downfall.

Jackal puFF
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Jackal puFF » Fri May 25, 2012 5:07 am

Can I post another what if? What if...Bardock followed Goku to Earth instead of trying to stop Frieza? Would they friend Gohan? Would they kill him? And would there still be a legend about a super saiyan?

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Fri May 25, 2012 10:35 am

Michsi wrote:I wanted to add this in my first entry too but forgot to :) I'm a bit surprised that there are others who share this oppinion, I remember mentioning something about them on another board (?) but people just thought it too strange. I don't know how well they'd do as a romantic couple, since I think Vegeta needed a morality pet and Lunch doesn't really fit the bill , but they'd be a great comedy duo I think.
Dunno. I think that Good Lunch at least would be a much better morality pet than Blooma. I mean, come on, Blooma?! :wink:
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 4/1/24!)
Current Episode: A Match Made in Hell - Dragon Ball Dissection: The Super #17 Arc Part 2