If I was Cell...

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Nex Carnifex
Banned

If I was Cell...

Post by Nex Carnifex » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:49 pm

I would 1st throw those mind controllable death saucers Freeza used, then hug Gohan like he did that one time, and then let the saucers cut us both in half, the regenerate bottom half of self...how could he lose???

Hades
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: If I was Cell...

Post by Hades » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:53 pm

Plot induced stupidity and character shields are impossible to negate.
TrunksTrevelyan0064 wrote:
Scarz wrote:Like using a flamethrower to kill an ant.
Hey, a lv.100 Charizard vs a wild lv.4 Caterpie. It happens.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:55 pm

If I was Cell, I'd use Solar Flare + Freeza's guided disks to kill everybody.

If I was Cell, I'd blow myself up in space over and over until I became stronger than Buuhan.

If I was Cell, I'd blow up the Earth with one small blast, almost instantly, without announcing my intention to do so, if I was in danger of losing.

If I was Cell, I'd be more grateful for my ability to crap out beings who make the strongest fighters in the universe look like jokes.

If I was Cell, I'd grab my opponent and Instant Transmission both of us into space if it looked like I was outmatched.

If I was Cell, I wouldn't go out of my way to find the one power that can defeat me.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:57 pm

Hades wrote:Plot induced stupidity and character shields are impossible to negate.
This. And I'm assuming you mean SSJ2 Gohan. Cell would have to get close enough to grab on to him without getting thrashed, which I don't see happening. Also, I can't remember if it was filler or not, but Gohan caught the disks with his aura, so if Cell was holding on to him, he could still do that. And if you take filler into account, if you're strong enough, a kienzan will just shatter on you, like Krillin's did against Cell.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Deep Thought
Beyond Newbie

Post by Deep Thought » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:00 pm

Yeah, Cell is kind of an idiot, but what do you expect? He's made out of Goku (dumbass), Vegeta (arrogant), and freakin' Freeza's (arrogant dumbass) cells. He was doomed from the start intellectually, even Piccolo's cells couldn't save him.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:31 pm

If I was Cell, I'd blow myself up in space over and over until I became stronger than Buuhan.
You'd end up dead. It was a miracle that he survived a single explosion and got the Zenkai from it.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Draken
Banned

Post by Draken » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:22 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:If I was Cell, I'd use Solar Flare + Freeza's guided disks to kill everybody.

If I was Cell, I'd blow up the Earth with one small blast, almost instantly, without announcing my intention to do so, if I was in danger of losing.

If I was Cell, I'd be more grateful for my ability to crap out beings who make the strongest fighters in the universe look like jokes.

If I was Cell, I'd grab my opponent and Instant Transmission both of us into space if it looked like I was outmatched.

If I was Cell, I wouldn't go out of my way to find the one power that can defeat me.
Can't he only self destruct if he's not in his perfect form? Or am I thinkin of something completely different lol. (probably)

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Draken wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:If I was Cell, I'd use Solar Flare + Freeza's guided disks to kill everybody.

Can't he only self destruct if he's not in his perfect form? Or am I thinkin of something completely different lol. (probably)
I don't see any reason why he couldn't, but the only time we ever see him desperate enough to is in his Semi-Perfect form. I don't remember him ever saying he couldn't self destruct while perfect.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Ringworm128
Banned

Post by Ringworm128 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:28 am

Didn't Freeza need to use his hands to get the Homing Kienzans to move?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:16 am

I would let no one touch my "Perfect body."
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Duo
I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:07 pm

If I were Cell, I would have probably not been fine with sitting in the ground for four years to eat some teenagers.