The mental state of a SSJ = Oozaru?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Legendary Saiya-Jin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

The mental state of a SSJ = Oozaru?

Post by Legendary Saiya-Jin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:30 am

Since Gokuu was emphasised to have lost a good sense of reason against Freeza, do you think maybe the mental/ emotional state of Oozaru Saiya-Jins are the same or similiar as Super Saiya-Jins? Also add in the fact that both can be mastered.

ドラゴ

Re: The mental state of a SSJ = Oozaru?

Post by ドラゴ » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:45 am

Legendary Saiya-Jin wrote:Since Gokuu was emphasised to have lost a good sense of reason against Freeza, do you think maybe the mental/ emotional state of Oozaru Saiya-Jins are the same or similiar as Super Saiya-Jins? Also add in the fact that both can be mastered.
I think the Super Saiyan transformation is a "channeled" wildness more than the rampageous personality of the Oozaru. All in all, it allows the user to use techniques more fluidly than in a completely enraged form. In retrospect, think normal Hulk vs. World War Hulk or Bruce Banner Hulk. Both comparable in violence, it's just that one is more intelligent than the other when it comes to the output of that. So in conclusion, I think there are intangibles at play here which depends on the severity of the users personality. I like to believe that the previous generation of "Super Saiyans" were more killing machines, such as Broly or Oozaru Vegeta.

Terra-jin
Regular

Post by Terra-jin » Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:42 am

Since Gokuu was emphasised to have lost a good sense of reason against Freeza
Hmmm... Goku always did seem quite reasonable through the whole thing. If anything, I'd say Goku's motives became more focused and deliberate. He made a conscious choice to face Freeza's 100% alone, and knew when to end the fight. He seemed more intelligent than usual.

Wasn't the Super Saiyan supposed to taint one's pure-heartedness? For instance, when Goku stopped fighting Freeza, he took the time to rub his superiority in Freeza's face, knowing it would mess with his pride. Remember that smug look on his face when he said: "[the one who surpassed you] is a mere Saiyan"? Seemed so unlike Goku's kind, forgiving nature. He did of course offer to save Freeza, so the effect was limited. FFWD to the Cell fight, and we see Gohan acting like a sadistic bastard, wanting to torture Cell for cold-blooded revenge. We do not see a similar effect with Vegeta, though... if anything, he becomes less of a bad guy - taking pride in saving the world from the cyborgs, instead of destroying Goku.
It's all GOOD

vegetaslegacy15
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegetaslegacy15 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:33 pm

Oozaru form causes the user to like literally lose all reason unless they have trained in Oozaru form. While in Super Saiyan a Saiyan just becomes infuriated and the primary emotion, unless the train the form, is usually anger.
Horgus wrote:NSSJ2O... Nitrogen Sulfur Shounen Jump Dioxide? :?
digireign wrote:I vote to call it "Super Cyan."
-zach