The "smaller than flea" argument.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Stark the lone wolf

Re: The "smaller than flea" argument.

Post by Stark the lone wolf » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 pm

It is only an excuse, goku flat out stated that the reason they couldn't beat super buu was because they were weak

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:09 pm

We got another CODE PINK.

I still don't understand the flea argument. It seems like a desperate one. There have been better one's then that.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:40 pm

Chapter: 508 (DBZ 314), P4.2-7
Kaioshin: “In m…my era there were five Kaioshins…until they were defeated by the Majin Boo that the wizard Babidi created…I was the youngest and most powerless one, but I somehow survived, with only heavy injuries…But the other four fell to Boo…First, two were killed…the North Kaioshin and the West Kaioshin….And then the South Kaioshin, the burliest and strongest one, was…somehow absorbed by Boo….. “
Elder Kaioshin: …And he became that huge Boo from before? “
Kaioshin: “…Yes…Next to be absorbed was the fat but kind and gentle Dai-Kaioshin….The Majin Boo that Bibidi created was evil itself, a failed creation that even Bibidi himself couldn’t handle, but by absorbing the Dai-Kaioshin, he somehow become controllable…. “
Elder Kaioshin: “…So he was finally completed…Which is to say…that this current…small Majin Boo…is the initial…mo…most troublesome one…”
Kaioshin: “….Yes…the heart which he gained by going so far as to lower his power through absorption…has returned once again to the way it was…he has no self-control whatsoever…he has become evil itself…”

He specifically says that Dai Kaioshin made him controllable. Nothing is ever said about South Kaioshin making him weaker.[/quote]
No. It specifically says Dai Kaioshin made him more controllable, but it said the absorption(s) made him weaker. Actually, reading back through it, it HEAVILY implies that LOSING Kais is actually raising his power. So the first Kai calmed and weakended him and the next one compounded more so over that - which explains why Buu POWERS UP when the Kais are being removed from him body. Nothing is EVER stated about a Kai or Kai energy being compatible with Buu, or that he gained power with any absorbtion of them. It makes sense in my book.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:42 pm

You know, this would be a good reason why Vegito defuses inside Buu. It's not some random reason, it's because Buu is completely incompatible with the Kai's.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm

I can see this turning into a Code Pink.

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Do I want to know.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:'Buff Buu' specifically said to be Pure Buu with the South Kaioshin absorbed. The manga makes it very, very clear that they're different since... well, Kibitoshin says that Pure Buu with the South Kaioshin absorbed is Buff Buu. Extremely simple. As if that's not enough, Vegeta specifies that Super Buu did two transformations, one to Buff and then to Pure, the video games differentiate them, and Old Kai differentiates them by calling one "that huge Boo from before" and the other "the initial, most troublesome Boo".

It is never stated Pure Buu is stronger. Only Buff. It is, however, indirectly stated he's weaker like half a dozen times. Goku even compares them fighting Super Buu to Vegetto fighting Pure Buu. That's how different they are.

Kibitoshin says that the Dai Kaioshin weakened him. He says nothing about Southy doing the same. In addition, the Daizenshuu also says that only Dai weakened him, without mentioning South.

So let's clarify:
-Pure Buu is never stated to be stronger
-Buff Buu is stated to be different than Pure Buu. They even outline exactly what makes him different.
-South Kaioshin is never said to weaken Pure Buu, so saying "the transformations made him weaker" is a lie.

So stop making things up.
XD Dude, you have No clue what you are talking about.
Nothing, and I mean nothing you stated is in the manga - you just spout off at the hip as usual without knowing what the hell your talking about.
So here you go

Where did Vegeta mention 2 transformations? All we see is Buu swell up and turn into Kidbuu, the Kai comments about the buff size AFTER the transformation and Vegeta never mentions it. Furthermore, when Vegeta's confidence in fighting Buu is based on his size (which it can't be Ki, or he would have already known), as later he's surprised at how powerful this Buu is (which we are warned about a few panels later by Kibito)

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 pm

Confused. What does this have to do with being smaller than a flee?

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:01 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:Confused. What does this have to do with being smaller than a flee?
Everything.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:13 pm

How the hell did "Pure Boo Vs Evil Boo" get dragged into this topic?
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:15 pm

Kaboom wrote:How the hell did "Pure Boo Vs Evil Boo" get dragged into this topic?
Axiom wrote: It's the same thing - if Goku states definatively that he could beat fatbuu, it doesn't matter what "Rage Boost" buu is capable of, we are assuming that is already considered in his statement.

Honestly, things don't match up

SuperBuu is obviously stated to be stronger than Fatbuu. Nothing indicates that Fatbuu ever reaches his level of power.
KidBuu is obviously stronger than FatBuu as well, this is based on Vegeta and Goku's reaction
Goku doesn't think he can beat SuperBuu
Kidbuu (BuffBuu, which isn't mentioned in any media) is said to be stronger tha Superbuu
Goku assumes he can fight on KidBuu's level

Gohan is shown to be superior to Superbuu
Goku suggest both Gohan AND Gotenks are needed to fight Kidbuu

I just assume Goku > KidBuu > SuperBuu > FatBuu
This happened for some reason.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:56 am

I had a big response typed up for how wrong that is, buuuuuut it's apparent that it's not an appreciated conversation here. So see ya.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:06 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:I had a big response typed up for how wrong that is, buuuuuut it's apparent that it's not an appreciated conversation here. So see ya.
Can we still see it anyways? Better yet create a debunk thread.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:18 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:I had a big response typed up for how wrong that is, buuuuuut it's apparent that it's not an appreciated conversation here. So see ya.
Nah. I'm tired of this conversation. You can go right ahead, though.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:21 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbzfan7 wrote:
Nah. I'm tired of this conversation. You can go right ahead, though.
Wouldn't matter what I or anyone says.

Hitiro
I Live Here

Post by Hitiro » Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:49 am

Axiom wrote:No. It specifically says Dai Kaioshin made him more controllable, but it said the absorption(s) made him weaker. Actually, reading back through it, it HEAVILY implies that LOSING Kais is actually raising his power. So the first Kai calmed and weakended him and the next one compounded more so over that - which explains why Buu POWERS UP when the Kais are being removed from him body. Nothing is EVER stated about a Kai or Kai energy being compatible with Buu, or that he gained power with any absorbtion of them. It makes sense in my book.
You realise why there are brackets around the "s" after absorption, right? In the Japanese language it is hard to clarify whether the word is a plural or a noun. So what Dai Kaioshin may have said was "absorption", as in a single absorption. It makes more sense that it is a single absorption unless you think he is on about multiple. Seeing as you think that is the case then I guess Gotenks and Gohan made Boo weaker too and weaker means stronger in the story?

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Mon Aug 12, 2013 4:48 am

Goku was bluffing. It's obvious by his expression after his blast failed to even dent Boo's insides that he didn't know his power had changed. The flea argument is desperation at its finest.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:27 am

Hitiro wrote:
Axiom wrote:No. It specifically says Dai Kaioshin made him more controllable, but it said the absorption(s) made him weaker. Actually, reading back through it, it HEAVILY implies that LOSING Kais is actually raising his power. So the first Kai calmed and weakended him and the next one compounded more so over that - which explains why Buu POWERS UP when the Kais are being removed from him body. Nothing is EVER stated about a Kai or Kai energy being compatible with Buu, or that he gained power with any absorbtion of them. It makes sense in my book.
You realise why there are brackets around the "s" after absorption, right? In the Japanese language it is hard to clarify whether the word is a plural or a noun. So what Dai Kaioshin may have said was "absorption", as in a single absorption. It makes more sense that it is a single absorption unless you think he is on about multiple. Seeing as you think that is the case then I guess Gotenks and Gohan made Boo weaker too and weaker means stronger in the story?
Negative Captain - he is for sure talking about the Kai's that were originally absorbed, not anyone else. He also says in the viz translation "The souls he ate tamed him" Plural, and again, all while they are specifically talking about the Kais.

PerfectFreeza
Regular

Post by PerfectFreeza » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm

Daizenshuu 7 says only Dai Kaioshin weakened him.
Also:
Kaioshin: “…Yes…Next to be absorbed was the fat but kind and gentle Dai-Kaioshin….The Majin Boo that Bibidi created was evil itself, a failed creation that even Bibidi himself couldn’t handle, but by absorbing the Dai-Kaioshin, he somehow become controllable…. “
It's clear only Dai Kaioshin weakened him, but not South Kaioshin.
Check out and join this awesome forum:
http://w11.zetaboards.com/DragonBallZone/index/

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Axiom wrote:
Hitiro wrote:
Negative Captain - he is for sure talking about the Kai's that were originally absorbed, not anyone else. He also says in the viz translation "The souls he ate tamed him" Plural, and again, all while they are specifically talking about the Kais.
This is completely false, and most likely brought about by the anime, and Viz's translation doesn't help. In the original Japanese, after Kibitoshin explains Boo's past, Elder Kaioshin ascertains that the he was finally complete and that Pure Boo is the most troublesome one. Kibitoshin then says that the heart he gained by lowering his power through absorption has returned to the way it was. Daizenshuu #7 states that only Dai Kaioshin weakened Boo. Most Pure Boo supporters dismiss the daizenshuu entry as just "guidebook crap," and dismiss the original Japanese translation as just "another fan translation" and say that Viz is the only good translation because it's official. In the Viz translation, Elder Kaioshin states that the "souls [Boo] ate tamed him," which is easy for Pure Boo supporters to say proves that both the Kais weakened Boo. But this isn't so, because even if the Japanese translation is translated by a fan, it's a direct translation, and not an "adaptation" like the Viz translation, so it is more accurate, whether the Pure Boo supporters want to accept that or not.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtop ... =8&t=23381