How strong is Fat Boo?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OWmyDragonBallz
Regular

How strong is Fat Boo?

Post by OWmyDragonBallz » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:35 am

Some of you are probably going to bring up the Daizenshuu quote here to try and fit your interpretation, but Goku admits being stronger than Fatso and this is never contradicted. One can speculate that "he meant at the time he fought him before Boo got angrier". Fat Boo is SSJ3 tier which means he can be felt from the Kaioshin realm as he gets angry. Once he becomes Evil Boo, Goku says that his ki has become more evil. Piccolo states that everything about him is greater than before. Yet Goku never turns back on his claim about being stronger than Fatso. Also, we know Goku is no match for Regular Evil Boo and it took not SSJ Gotenks, not SSJ2 Gotenks, but SSJ3 Gotenks (post rosat) just to go toe to toe with Evil Boo. If Fat Boo was holding back THAT MUCH FREAKIN' POWER, then that obviously would render Goku's statement about being able to defeat Fat Boo useless. I honestly do not see it that way whatsoever. I think Evil Boo is more powerful than Fat Boo all together no ifs ands or buts.
Do you really believe that there is something wrong with Evil boo > Fat boo because to me, it makes perfect sense. Yes they are made up of the same components, but Fat Boo was still restricted from accessing the power of Evil Boo. We can assume that means any level of Fatso's power. He reached his limit just when he splits, Pure evil from Good. Piccolo makes no mention as Fat Boo's power is swelling up until he becomes Evil Boo. Pure Evil boo is stated to be the majority of Fatso's power. It's never stated that he's a variation of Pure Boo whatsoever.
Comparing fights is useless because Pure Evil Boo isn't psychotic like Pure Boo which means they can't be the same entity.

My conclusion :
Evil boo > Pure boo > Fatso > Pure evil boo > Good boo.

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Re: How strong is Fat Boo?

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 am

I think Fat Boo is weaker than Super Saiyan 3 Goku at his highest level of power while under control, but is likely around his level once he starts releasing all of his dormant evil power. Not that it matters, since it seems unlikely that he could even use the power. So overall, I think Goku and Gotenks hold a significant enough advantage over Fat man.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:31 am

Stronger than Majin Vegeta, weaker than SS3 Goku.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:10 am

Weaker than SS3 Goku & SS Gotenks (pre). I don't believe that he ever got rage boosts like Gohan does which adds extra power, he just raises his power.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 2:05 pm

I like to use Bobbidi's meter for Boo's energy restoration as an indication of Boo's power compared to others. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan's power filled it up almost halfway in one go. So Fat Boo would be somewhere between 2 and 3 times stronger than SSJ2 Gohan. Goku and Vegeta are significantly stronger than Gohan, though, so Boo would probably be no more than twice as strong as them, but likely a little less. Overall Boo would be significantly stronger than any of the Super Saiyan 2s, but still closer to them than to Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

Something like:

SSJ2 Gohan: 6
SSJ2 Goku/Vegeta: 8
Majin Boo: 15
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:29 pm

Kaboom wrote:I like to use Bobbidi's meter for Boo's energy restoration as an indication of Boo's power compared to others. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan's power filled it up almost halfway in one go. So Fat Boo would be somewhere between 2 and 3 times stronger than SSJ2 Gohan. Goku and Vegeta are significantly stronger than Gohan, though, so Boo would probably be no more than twice as strong as them, but likely a little less. Overall Boo would be significantly stronger than any of the Super Saiyan 2s, but still closer to them than to Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

Something like:

At max power? The Daizenshuu says that absorbing the Dai Kaioshin only "somewhat" weakened Buu. Which means the difference isn't large. And since BUFF BUU was the one who absorbed Dai Kaioshin...
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:31 pm

The Daizenshuu also dance around the idea of which form of Boo is stronger than others to begin with, so it's kind of shaky.
deviantART
[thread]

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 3:32 pm

Kaboom wrote:The Daizenshuu also dance around the idea of which form of Boo is stronger than others to begin with, so it's kind of shaky.
Not really. Fat Buu is somewhat weaker than the Buu before him. Seems pretty simple. It doesn't say "much weaker" or "many times weaker". Just a little. Its the same wording they use when comparing Cold and Freeza.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Stark the lone wolf

Post by Stark the lone wolf » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:14 pm

The daiz are not even canon

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:16 pm

Stark the lone wolf wrote:The daiz are not even canon
There is no such thing as a defined canon in the Dragon Ball franchise -- one has never been outlined by any of the production crew or rights-holders.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:25 pm

They are official guide books written by AT's staff from what I can remember. They are canon to the manga as you can get.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:49 pm

Since the meter filled by half. I have him 4x of Gohan SSJ2.

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:18 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:Not really. Fat Buu is somewhat weaker than the Buu before him. Seems pretty simple. It doesn't say "much weaker" or "many times weaker". Just a little. Its the same wording they use when comparing Cold and Freeza.
The problem is, it becomes circular. The closer Fat Boo is to SSJ3 Goku, then the stronger one might consider Super Saiyan Gotenks compared to him too, then Gotenks becomes 8x stronger than that at Super Saiyan 3 himself, and suddenly Evil Boo is a lot more than "somewhat" stronger than Fat Boo. Not to even mention the even-stronger "Buff" Boo, whose power would actually be getting reduced here.

I dunno about anyone else, but that's not worth the headache to me. So I adopt a bit looser interpretation of the word "somewhat" and whistle to myself as I go about my business.
deviantART
[thread]

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:23 pm

Kaboom wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:Not really. Fat Buu is somewhat weaker than the Buu before him. Seems pretty simple. It doesn't say "much weaker" or "many times weaker". Just a little. Its the same wording they use when comparing Cold and Freeza.
The problem is, it becomes circular. The closer Fat Boo is to SSJ3 Goku, then the stronger one might consider Super Saiyan Gotenks compared to him too, then Gotenks becomes 8x stronger than that at Super Saiyan 3 himself, and suddenly Evil Boo is a lot more than "somewhat" stronger than Fat Boo. Not to even mention the even-stronger "Buff" Boo, whose power would actually be getting reduced here.

I dunno about anyone else, but that's not worth the headache to me. So I adopt a bit looser interpretation of the word "somewhat" and whistle to myself as I go about my business.
What? Fat Buu is "somewhat" weaker than Buff Buu. Meaning, Fat Buu's max power is marginally below that level. Which would make Fat Buu equal to Super Buu at his most pissed off.

If you want, you can just interpret the guy they're talking about as Pure Buu, I guess, but that wouldn't contradict anything since there's no "Evil Buu is somewhat stronger than Fat Buu" statement anywhere, and no headache to be had.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Stark the lone wolf

Post by Stark the lone wolf » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:36 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
They are official guide books written by AT's staff from what I can remember. They are canon to the manga as you can get.
They are not, official doesn't mean they are canon to the manga, toriyama approved them but he approves nearly everything, it is just business

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:38 pm

Stark the lone wolf wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:
They are not, official doesn't mean they are canon to the manga, toriyama approved them but he approves nearly everything, it is just business
DB has no OFFICAL canon besides a few things such as
The Manga(Of course)
The movies and DBGT being side stories(Not counting BoG, YSGAFR, and POSSIBLY EOB)

So...if you want. Use filler that isn't contradicting or stupid.

Nazi Cola
Advanced Regular

Post by Nazi Cola » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:11 pm

I don't believe Goku can suppress his power (willingly or not) as a Super Saiyan 3, so when he fought Fat Boo, he was pulling his punches rather than suppressing down to Boo's level. They were both enjoying the fight, after all. Boo and Goku traded blows and, while it's clear Goku had the advantage, it shouldn't be anything too large as he still mentioned he would have had to go all-out to take the Majin down (or at least it's implied in his conversation with Piccolo).

Goku - 100
Pure Boo - 98/99
Fat Boo - 85

Something like that to give you a general picture of how I see the gaps in there.
CatouttaHell wrote:I guess he's just impossibly powerful and he now gets thrills from letting things go as much to hell as possible before busting out his ultimate power and ending the villain or some shit.

Axiom
Banned

Post by Axiom » Fri Aug 30, 2013 9:51 pm

RandomGuy96 wrote:
Kaboom wrote:I like to use Bobbidi's meter for Boo's energy restoration as an indication of Boo's power compared to others. Super Saiyan 2 Gohan's power filled it up almost halfway in one go. So Fat Boo would be somewhere between 2 and 3 times stronger than SSJ2 Gohan. Goku and Vegeta are significantly stronger than Gohan, though, so Boo would probably be no more than twice as strong as them, but likely a little less. Overall Boo would be significantly stronger than any of the Super Saiyan 2s, but still closer to them than to Super Saiyan 3 Goku.

Something like:

At max power? The Daizenshuu says that absorbing the Dai Kaioshin only "somewhat" weakened Buu. Which means the difference isn't large. And since BUFF BUU was the one who absorbed Dai Kaioshin...
And also says that Gotenks is weaker than Vegeta until AFTER he finds SSJ3 after training.

Pure Buu> Goku> Gohan> Evil Buu > Gotenks > Fat Buu > Vegeta

Stark the lone wolf

Post by Stark the lone wolf » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:10 pm

Axiom wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:

Something like:

And also says that Gotenks is weaker than Vegeta until AFTER he finds SSJ3 after training.

Pure Buu> Goku> Gohan> Evil Buu > Gotenks > Fat Buu > Vegeta
It also calls gohan the mightiest warrior and says that gohan has power that surpasses of a saiyan, ssj gotenks is stated to be above fat buu by goku and piccolo and manga>daiz, Gohan>>gotenks=super buu>>>>>>kid buu>=<goku>fat buu>vegeta

Dr. Machismo
Banned

Post by Dr. Machismo » Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:12 pm

He's under Super Saiyan 3 Goku when he still has evil. When all the evil's gone, he's weaker, although we don't know how much
The world's greatest.