Great Ape Vegeta

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kakashi
Banned

Great Ape Vegeta

Post by Kakashi » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:35 pm

How strong was he? Veegeta was at 18,000 but he got beaten by Goku and got blasted off which probably weakened him. He then made the power ball which also lowers his power as sttated by him so Vegeta (Full Power) > Vegeta (Post Kamehameha) > Vegeta (Post Power Ball)

To me his base state was at 9,000 and his giant ape state was at 90,000

Goku also said that a Kaioken x5 would be no match for Vegeta (Goku would explode if he had to use it IMO) so Great Ape Vegeta should be >> 40,000+ at least

What do you think?

TheMightyOzaru
Banned

Re: Great Ape Vegeta

Post by TheMightyOzaru » Tue Nov 26, 2013 3:59 pm

I'd say he dropped to 10,000 after the beating and unleashing a power ball. So 100,000 for Oozaru Vegeta.
Vegeta: "Funny... I seem to recall Kakarot being fed the same information right before he transformed; the distinct look on your faces when he went Super Saiyan didn't exactly inspire confidence. One does not predict or calculate power like ours."
Youtube channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/ThePrinceOfSaiyajins
My 3DS Friend Code:
2707-1669-7946

Kid Buu
I Live Here

Post by Kid Buu » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:17 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Goku also said that a Kaioken x5 would be no match for Vegeta (Goku would explode if he had to use it IMO) so Great Ape Vegeta should be >> 40,000+ at least
It's possible Goku's KKx5 wouldn't be at full power, as Goku was suffering from energy strains himself.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:28 pm

More than 40 thousand.

Less than 180 thousand.

Does anything more specific even matter?
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:13 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:Does anything more specific even matter?
Yes, because that's exactly what this thread is about and precisely what OP asked us to speculate about.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:34 am

I'm just saying, what's the point? What difference would it make if his BP was 60,000 or 100,000? It's literally just a random guess. There's almost nothing to base it on.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:11 am

RandomGuy96 wrote:I'm just saying, what's the point? What difference would it make if his BP was 60,000 or 100,000? It's literally just a random guess. There's almost nothing to base it on.
There's also the Genki Dama comparison, I guess. But Goku's estimate ended up being way off since half of it couldn't even kill base Vegeta.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:34 am

I think Goku stated that most of the power of the Genki Dama had already been lost when Goku gave it to Krillin.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:38 am

rereboy wrote:I think Goku stated that most of the power of the Genki Dama had already been lost when Goku gave it to Krillin.
I remember him saying half the power remained, I think in the Viz Manga, unfortunately Herms' strength checker has nothing on it so I'm really not sure if it's in the original.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Tyro
Patreon Supporter

Post by Tyro » Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Saiga wrote:I remember him saying half the power remained, I think in the Viz Manga, unfortunately Herms' strength checker has nothing on it so I'm really not sure if it's in the original.
Actually it does.
Strength Checker, about Kuririn wrote:Chapter: 237 (DBZ 43), P1.3/P3.6
Context: giving Kuririn the Genki-Dama
Goku: “Genki-Dama. Yes, ki that I gathered bit by bit from all over the Earth. About half of it got away, but I think there’s enough to beat him as he is now. [ ] Do it, Kuririn! Gohan couldn't control such power.”

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Seeing as Goku was hurt and said KKx5 would kill him. Lets lower his power to 4,000 - 7,000.

That as a KKx5 is a 20k - 35k range. That would mean Oozaru Vegeta should be around 50k - 180k to absolute destroy Goku. Seeing as Vegeta survived Genki Dama that would mean either that amour should have been used more or Vegeta power had to be dropped by at MOST half(9,000).

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:18 pm

Goku is not weaker at all

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:24 pm

Kakashi wrote:Goku is not weaker at all
Goku was hurt from the Kaioken. If you want to say he wasn't then Vegeta is between 60k - 180k. Doesn't really make a difference.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:25 pm

Being hurt makes a lot of difference. Gohan was able to fight almost evenly with Vegeta after he lost his ape form. That would be impossible if Vegeta wasn't hurt and had already lost most of his power.

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:59 pm

rereboy wrote:Being hurt makes a lot of difference. Gohan was able to fight almost evenly with Vegeta after he lost his ape form. That would be impossible if Vegeta wasn't hurt and had already lost most of his power.
Vegeta was hurt because he got his butt raped by Goku

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:01 pm

Kakashi wrote:
rereboy wrote:Being hurt makes a lot of difference. Gohan was able to fight almost evenly with Vegeta after he lost his ape form. That would be impossible if Vegeta wasn't hurt and had already lost most of his power.
Your point? We ALL know why Vegeta was hurt. Seeing as most of us here debating have watched at least past the Saiyan Arc :lol:

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:13 pm

Kaio actually states that Goku is weaker:
Chapter: 232 (DBZ 38), P6.3, P7.3
Context: after Vegeta gets sent flying by Goku's Kaio-Ken x4 Kamehameha
Vegeta: “If…if it’s come to this, though I hate how ugly Oozaru is, I’ll transform into one and smash him…!! Kukkukku…As an Oozaru I’m overwhelmingly strong…!!”
Kaio: “But Son Goku has no strength left. Even without Oozaru, the Saiyan may be more than enough for him. But he’s gotten weaker too! The way he is now, if we could only hit him with the Genki-Dama, we’ll win for sure!!!!”
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Kakashi wrote:
Your point? We ALL know why Vegeta was hurt. Seeing as most of us here debating have watched at least past the Saiyan Arc :lol:
Because it's not the same thing with Goku

TheGmGoken
Namekian Warrior

Post by TheGmGoken » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:14 pm

Kakashi wrote:
Vegeta: “If…if it’s come to this, though I hate how ugly Oozaru is, I’ll transform into one and smash him…!! Kukkukku…As an Oozaru I’m overwhelmingly strong…!!”
Kaio: “But Son Goku has no strength left. Even without Oozaru, the Saiyan may be more than enough for him. But he’s gotten weaker too! The way he is now, if we could only hit him with the Genki-Dama, we’ll win for sure!!!!”

Kakashi
Banned

Post by Kakashi » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:24 pm

TheGmGoken wrote:
Kakashi wrote:
Goku was tired and his body was hurt but that doesn't mean he got weaker but more lilke he can barely use the Kaioken