Is Vegetto the Strongest of Any Anime Characters?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Re: Is Vegetto the Strongest of Any Anime Characters?

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:10 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:vegito beats every other fiction character compined, except if he is in Buu's belly were the fusion doesn't work.
:think:

:roll:
Both of these posts need addressing. The former needs heavy clean-up to be legible, while the latter isn't even a post at all.

C'mon, folks. Shape up.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:09 pm

Friezacooler wrote:vegito beats every other fiction character compined, except if he is in Buu's belly were the fusion doesn't work.
Not really, no. The past pages have shown many who could beat Vegito and how.

Vegito is simply not the strongest, sorry if you dont like to hear that but the evidence is here.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:26 pm

^I think that dude is either joking or trolling. Even SSj4 Gogeta would lose to other powerful anime characters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:28 pm

KentalSSJ6 wrote:

Vegito is simply not the strongest, sorry if you don't like to hear that but the evidence is here.
Nope nice try, Whatever impressive or non impressive feats other characters have shown in their verse, hasn't been shown in Vegito's verse. So it could be taken as whatever they try wouldn't affect vegito at all, because it is never shown to affect Vegito. Except of Buu's inside were Vegito forced himself in willingly.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:33 pm

Friezacooler wrote:
KentalSSJ6 wrote:

Vegito is simply not the strongest, sorry if you don't like to hear that but the evidence is here.
Nope nice try, Whatever impressive or non impressive feats other characters have shown in their verse, hasn't been shown in Vegito's verse. So it could be taken as whatever they try wouldn't affect vegito at all, because it is never shown to affect Vegito. Except of Buu's inside were Vegito forced himself in willingly.
I'm just gonna end this right here because if your previous conversations with other members is a indicator, then this is just going to devolve into another showing of your bull-headed stubbornness.
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:16 pm

Friezacooler wrote:Nope nice try, Whatever impressive or non impressive feats other characters have shown in their verse, hasn't been shown in Vegito's verse. So it could be taken as whatever they try wouldn't affect vegito at all, because it is never shown to affect Vegito. Except of Buu's inside were Vegito forced himself in willingly.
If you're not willing to entertain a theoretical discussion about other characters and other universes, then you're clearly not willing to entertain this conversation at all.

With that in mind, you don't really have anything to say here, so rather than continuing to rudely post and dismiss other members - which from here on out will result in formal strikes against your account, which can and will result in temporary/permanent bans - please take a step back and reevaluate what it is you're trying to get out of this community before making any further contributions.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:16 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
goku the krump dancer wrote:Altering someone's size is different from completely rewriting someones genetic make up...

But anyways I addressed before that any time hopping attacks that Gurren Lagan may have are useless because Dragon Ball and TTGL follow different laws of time travel. In the DB world, killing a past Goku or a future Goku is not going to affect the Goku thats standing in front of you.
Nope. That's explicitly the way TTGL time travel works, they can alter the past. Just because Bulma's time machine could only affect an alternate timeline doesn't mean nothing else in fiction can. Besides, TTGL creates Super Spiral Space within itself, where they can dictate their own laws of physics, so if they want to be able to change the past, they can.
And as for this probability thing, what basis would TTGL have to go off in order to make these guesses?
They weren't guesses, they scanned the probability field and found that the Anti-Spiral had a 100% chance of victory, so they altered probability so they could win.
What ever the case may be this probability alter power maybe TTGL's only chances of winning if fighting a Vegetto of similar height. I doubt altering the outcome to his favor grants him some enormous power boost though I could be wrong. If he manages to alter the outcome of the battle it could be a situation where Vegetto runs out of power at the last minute or something, otherwise what could possibly challenge him if he could just say "Nope, I'm stronger now?"
"Nope, I'm stronger now" is exactly what TTGL is about. Throughout the entire series, and even in the final fight, their Spiral Power was constantly evolving to overcome any obstacle put in their way. It doesn't matter how many fan-made advantages you try to give Vegeto, you can make his height a billion times more than TTGL even, they will just form Super TTGL and Giga Drill Break him into oblivion.
It wasn't so much of me giving a "fan made advantage" as its me just trying to level the playing field a bit otherwise theres no way just about any one could challenge TTGL because he's just too damn big. It'd be like you or I trying to fight an ameba.

But I guess in the end this "probability" nonsense is going to be the deciding factor because just about anything TTGL can do destructive wise Vegetto can do as well, granted if he were that size.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

mmg86
Not-So-Newbie

Post by mmg86 » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:54 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: It wasn't so much of me giving a "fan made advantage" as its me just trying to level the playing field a bit otherwise theres no way just about any one could challenge TTGL because he's just too damn big. It'd be like you or I trying to fight an ameba.

But I guess in the end this "probability" nonsense is going to be the deciding factor because just about anything TTGL can do destructive wise Vegetto can do as well, granted if he were that size.
Thing is, there are human sized characters that can challenge, and even defeat TTGL. Its just that those characters are not from DB. Also, you are focusing way too much on "destructive power", when one of the biggest unbalancing factors is how versatile the TTGL can be. As i said in my first post directed to you, TTGL can absorb energy and either fire it back or use it as a power up (think Androids 19,20, Super 17 if you wanna count GT...). Granted, TTGL had to make a sacrifice to absorb an attack powerful enough to destroy it (meaning it cant keep doing it over and over), but think about it. Vegetto fires his strongest ki blast, TTGL absorbs it, TTGL is now like twice as powerful as before...

Hell, no one has even brought up how TTGL HAS REGENERATION. Granted, we never saw drastic examples of it,all we saw was instant repair of damaged parts, not limb regrowth...but take into account that the "real" components of TTGL only add up to "bigger than the Moon" (the rest is materialized Spiral Power)... while unproven, it does not seem like much of a stretch to believe it could regenerate quite a lot.

Basically, your argument is similar to "if they had equal stats, Vegetto might win"... which in DB terms would be similar to arguing "If Vegetto and (hypothetical Buu who had absorbed Android 20, Ginew, Guldo and Dabra) had equal power levels, Vegetto might win"... how do you win against someone who is basically you + a bunch of abilities you dont have?

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Jan 17, 2014 11:44 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote:
It wasn't so much of me giving a "fan made advantage" as its me just trying to level the playing field a bit otherwise theres no way just about any one could challenge TTGL because he's just too damn big. It'd be like you or I trying to fight an ameba.

Once again, his size is part of his character, one of his characteristics, just like the fact that Vegetto can turn SSJ is part of Vegetto. It makes no sense to argue "if it wasn't for his size" or whatever.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jan 18, 2014 4:08 am

VegettoEX wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
:think:

:roll:
Both of these posts need addressing. The former needs heavy clean-up to be legible, while the latter isn't even a post at all.

C'mon, folks. Shape up.
Sorry.
Well then with that logic, Vegeto can't hurt anyone from any other verse either. And neither can anyone else.
I heard a Naruto fan once say that Naruto could beat Goku if he had as much chakra as Goku had ki. That might even be true, but is it a sensible comparison? Not really.

You could say "an amoeba could beat a human if it was as big and as smart" etc. But that's ignoring the point...
Assuming his attacks would also be scaled up to travel as fast, and he could even survive as a creature that size in the first place without collapsing from his own mass and size, or having to wait a million years to send any impulses from his brain to his limbs... but if you handwave all of that away TTGL still wins.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:23 pm

By Vegito are we strictly talking about how he appeared in Z or a potential future appearance like if he were in GT and went SS4? Because if we're talking strictly Z then lots of the GT characters have him beat.

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:33 pm

Cardle grave wrote:I am not saying vegito would win, I am saying Vegito is what he is. TTGL would win, But Vegito could win also. It both ways, Him being all knowing and such will not help. Unless How big of a feat this this, Because let me tell you right now. Not even spectre himself can stop 2 Universes colliding and Anti-Monitor himself needs time to do so also. Its a massive feat

And That is called reality warping, Janemba was on the same tier as he done the same things. And Gogeta crushed him to shit
I usually don't involve myself in these sorts of discussions these days, but I feel like I should correct a little misinformation because it's so glaring. I don't think you're too familiar with the source material, because not only has the Spectre managed to stop two universes from colliding, he's done this on three separate occasions and I could scan some comics for you if you're interested. It turned out that giving the Spectre (and sometimes Doctor Fate) some big task like that during the JLA/JSA crossovers back before Crisis on Infinite Earths was a great way to get rid of the guy for a while and have him exercise his powers without waving his hand and fixing everything.

Truth be told, I was once (probably when I was about 12-14, when I had initially read the series) of the opinion that Dragon Ball was pretty much the strongest fictional universe ever. I think that was also because I wasn't exposed to that much variety in terms of anime/manga and I had yet to read American comics. These days, I'm pretty jaded when it comes to feats of fictional strength. After drowning myself in the Spectre's comics, I doubt I'll ever be impressed by another feat of strength because of its sheer scale. And, y'know, despite that, I'd say that eight or nine times out of ten, his comics are a pretty good read, probably because it takes a bit of writer enthusiasm for a C-list character in order for an ongoing about them to be made. Most of the manga I read is pretty mundane by comparison -- I'm into more down-to-Earth or comedic stuff when it comes to things that come out of Japan -- but I'm still keenly aware that there are a lot of absurd things out there.

I think that most people would change their minds about Dragon Ball being so freaking strong if they gave the good series that blow it out of the water power-wise a shot. Why not read a little Saint Seiya or JoJo, or give Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann a watch? It's best to get your knowledge about these sorts of things from the actual source material instead of second-hand, because it seems to me that you've yet to read too much involving the Spectre or turn the pages of Crisis on Infinite Earths.

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:21 pm

Kiyza wrote:good series
Kiyza wrote:Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Why do you lie to this man? What wrongs has he committed, that he deserves such?

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:27 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Why do you lie to this man? What wrongs has he committed, that he deserves such?
I am really curious. Why do you despise Gurren Lagann so much?

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:57 pm

Janemba's reality warping was nothing special from what I can remember. From what I can remember, he trap King Enma in some jelly bean which caused all of the villains from Hell escape to Earth and he can create portals to bounce attacks back off. It's nothing special compare to high tier reality warpers like Mad Jim Jaspers from Marvel comics. Mad Jim Jaspers is everything that Janemba wishes he can be when he grows up.
She/Her

Kiyza
Regular

Post by Kiyza » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:25 pm

Rocketman wrote:
Rocketman, the series is an intentional parody of series that are over-the-top. It's a bit like how the creators' most recent work, Kill la Kill, seemed really serious and edgy when it was first being teased, but it turns out that it's just mocking series that take the sorts of tropes and themes utilized seriously. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann's charm comes from the fact that it's not being serious at all about its subject matter. It's absurd because it's being tongue-in-cheek about it. A lot of the fanbase doesn't seem to understand that it's not a serious series and discussions will probably give the wrong impression. To be honest, it's things like that that have kept me away from a lot of good things. I would have never gotten into the Spectre or the Silver Surfer if all I had to go by was the insufferable comments of fanboys who can't shut up about how they're retardedly strong as opposed to talking about the strong philosophical themes in their better comics. TTGL isn't a philosophical series by any means, of course, but I can understand why you'd hate it if your only exposure to it is hearing people talk about how strong the final giant robot is.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:43 am

Vegetto's biggest feat is that he is many times stronger than Gohan Boo, who is many times stronger than SP Cell, who can destroy the solar system. So, all we know is that he can destroy a solar system.

The only ones that are stated to be able to destroy the whole universe without destroying a planet one-by-one are Gohan Boo (anime) and Super Yi Xing Long. However, they weren't supposed to destroy the universe with their own power, but through a chain reaction that they could cause: Gohan Boo would rip the portals between the many alternative universes, and the other universes would crush our own universe & destroy it. Super Yi Xing Long would release the minus energy on Earth, and after the Earth would be destroyed, the minus energy would pollute the other planets, and would destroy them, and eventually the whole universe would be destroyed.

So for now, the biggest feat a DB character has stated to be able to do with one ki blast is to destroy a solar system.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:59 am

Vegito's best feat in the manga is that he was shown to be resistant to transmutation after he was turn into candy. Vegito always been hard to view as his own character without comparing him to Goku and Vegeta since he has pretty much no feats of his own. At least Gotenks has a few feats of his own like able to travel across the Planet in seconds and he can open up dimensional rifts by screaming/
She/Her

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:16 am

Most of the first part of the TTGL anime is basically below Saiyan saga in terms of power level. Things don't get really crazy until the last several episodes.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:50 pm

Hao is not that strong that he's #14. He might be later though, depending on what happens in Flowers
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ