Kaiō-sama's death

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Strife1
Beyond Newbie

Kaiō-sama's death

Post by Strife1 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:55 pm

When Kaiō was killed by Cell and they made a wish to resurrect everyone killed by Cell, why wasn't he wished back to life?

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Kaiō-sama's death

Post by Bussani » Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:53 pm

Goku said that he could have been, but chose not to so that he could keep him company. Why he'd need to stay dead to keep him company is a bit of a mystery, though. I mean, there's nothing stopping him from taking a trip to Heaven, right? Except his job, I guess. So was North Kaio replaced when he died? I suppose that would make sense, or dead Kaio would just keep their jobs forever.
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

RocktheDragon
Regular

Post by RocktheDragon » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:15 pm

Bussani wrote:Goku said that he could have been, but chose not to so that he could keep him company. Why he'd need to stay dead to keep him company is a bit of a mystery, though. I mean, there's nothing stopping him from taking a trip to Heaven, right? Except his job, I guess. So was North Kaio replaced when he died? I suppose that would make sense, or dead Kaio would just keep their jobs forever.
Yeah I've always wondered about this too. I'm sure the Northern Kaio just got to keep his job (dead or not) since he deals in that "realm" quite a lot anyways. I guess it's best to not think about the details too hard.
Kyle Broflovski wrote:It's all real. Think about it. Haven't Luke Skywalker and Santa Claus affected your lives more than most real people in this room? I mean, whether Jesus is real or not, he - he's had a bigger impact on the world than any of us have. And the same can be said for Bugs Bunny and - and Superman and Harry Potter. They've changed my life - changed the way I act on the earth. Doesn't that make them kind of real? They might be imaginary but, but they're more important than most of us here. And they're all gonna be around here long after we're dead. So, in a way, those things are more realer than any of us.

Bussani
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Bussani » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:58 pm

Yeah, I don't feel the need to overthink it, but...it is interesting when you do. The guides tell us that a new Kaio is selected by lottery when the previous one dies, but since they can just continue as normal after death, what's really stopping a dead Kaio from keeping his position forever?
If TPP passes in your country it will be illegal for you to watch an imported DVD. Click here to learn more!

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm

Bussani wrote:Yeah, I don't feel the need to overthink it, but...it is interesting when you do. The guides tell us that a new Kaio is selected by lottery when the previous one dies, but since they can just continue as normal after death, what's really stopping a dead Kaio from keeping his position forever?
A desire for retirement. :P Death is the only thing they have for a retirement age, and you want to take that away from them?!
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

sekzee
Beyond Newbie

Post by sekzee » Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:57 pm

Are all dead Kaio roaming around? No.

The two exceptions are North Kaio and Elder Kaioshin. And I figure this is because they both essentially sacrificed themselves for the "greater good".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:49 am

It's probably the difference between dying of old age and dying "before your time".
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147